Originally Posted in the Fluffy Club:

Stella's Serious Italian
Phone: (949) 234-1679

www.stellasitalian.com

Atmosphere:

This quaint little restraunt over looks the beautiful Monarch Beach is Southern California. From the out door patio you can see the coast line while enjoying a roaring fire, a cool sea breaze, and the city lights of Monarch Beach. Indoors the atmosphere continues to impress with wrap around booths, grand window, and mood lighting. Nighty you can hear the smooth sounds of a saxophonist throught the restraunt.

Appetizers:
Brushetta (Brickoven Toast, Vine Rippened Tomatoes, Fresh Garlic, Basil, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Caprese (Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Baisil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Pesto)

For starters we had a brushetta and caprese. The caprese was deliscious. The pesto sauce added to the top added another layerto the caprese made it an absolute must. The brushetta on the toher hand was served cold. This particular way to serve brushetta is not my favorite. I felt that if the brushetta had been served warm it would have tasted much better.

Dinner:
Ceasar Salad (Hearts of Romaine, Shaved Reggiano, Baked Garlic Croutons, and house dressing)
Penne Con Sarge (Sliced Chicken, Sundried Tomatoes, Tarragon, and Cream)

The ceasar salad was good as it was served chilled and the lettus was crips. Something that is always a plus in my book. Another thing that caught my attention was the shaved reggiano. I loved the taste of this cheese on top of the salad. Shortly after finished the salad the Penne Con Sarge was brought out. The penne was just ok as the terragon and sun dried tomatoes over powered the dish. The presentation of the dish was beautiful as all the colors on the plate made the dish look scrumptious. Unfortunately the dish failed to deliver with the strong and potent taste.

Dessert:
Tiramisu and Cannoli

For dessert I had a slice of tiramisu and a cannoli. Both were quite tasty. Personally I am generally not a fan of either however I felt that both were in my taste passable. (That says a lot coming from me)

Overal:

Overall I felt that the restaraunt was an ok however passable restaraunt, especially for those "Serious Italians". The restaraunt had some good and just ok things to offer. Who knows though maybe your own visit will be better.