Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Thank you, that is all.

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor

I just saw this posted today, 8-27-08, in the DLR Forum thread entitled, "Revive Farrells Ice Cream Parlor in DCA." I thought it would get better attention here.

HELLO EVERYONE!
    IT IS GREAT TO HEAR THAT SO MANY OF YOU WANT FARRELL'S TO OPEN IN DCA.
    OUR COMPANY, PARLOUR ENTERPRISES INC BASED IN LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA IS THE OWNER OF THE FARRELL'S TRADEMARKS. WE ARE NOW IN THE PROCESS OF BRINGING BACK FARRELLS ALL ACROSS AMERICA AND THE WORLD.
    BOB FARRELL, FOUNDER OF FARRELL'S ICE CREAM PARLORS IS WORKING WITH US.
    THERE ARE FARRELL'S OPEN IN SANTA CLARITA, CA AND THERE ARE TWO IN HAWAII (OAHU) IN PEARL CITY AND AT THE WINDWARD MALL.
    THESE ARE THE ONLY "REAL" FARRELL'S OPEN IN THE WORLD...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!

WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE OUR NEXT STORE IN DCA. PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR POSTS SO DISNEY IS AWARE OF YOUR FEELINGS. BE SURE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS....FARRELL'S IS COMING BACK AND IT WILL BE BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!!

Michael Fleming
    President
    FARRELL'S ICE CREAM PARLORS
    Parlour Enterprises Inc
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Mad Madame Momba; 08-27-2008 at 02:30 PM.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I hope this happens! So many people have no idea what they missed out on.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

My nephew's birthday party was at the Farrell's in Santa Clarita a couple years ago. It is the restaurant portion of the Mountasia Fun Center. It is kinda like the original. They have the penny candy at a counter. They had a player piano.

It was a total throwback being there for my nephew's party. I would love for Farrell's to bring back the old tradition of the stand alone restaurants. So many of our family birthdays were celebrated there when I was growing up.

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Talking Re: Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Madame Momba View Post
    This was just posted today, 8-27-08, in the DLR Forum thread entitled, "Revive Farrells Ice Cream Parlor in DCA." I thought it would get better attention here.
    Yeah I started that thread so it can reach out to people who loved Farrell's. I'm really happy that you found that thread. And I hope that the San Diego Farrell's establishments get re-established as well. DCA would be a great place to start it off and then expand.

"THERE ARE FARRELL'S OPEN IN SANTA CLARITA, CA AND THERE ARE TWO IN HAWAII (OAHU) IN PEARL CITY AND AT THE WINDWARD MALL."

You also forgot the walk in at the Del Mar Fairgrounds/Racetrack. That's the one I only went to whenever the San Diego County Fair was going on. However in Summer of 2006 I was saddened to hear that the last old-fashioned Farrell's in San Diego County was gonna close down.
    Last edited by RocketRodRider88; 08-27-2008 at 02:16 PM.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• Mischievous Mouse

I loved Farrells as a child, we had (had) one at 130th and Aurora in Seattle in the 70's (and before), my folks would take us there on birthdays. Wow, great memories!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Yeah I started that thread so it can reach out to people who loved Farrell's. I'm really happy that you found that thread. And I hope that the San Diego Farrell's establishments get re-established as well. DCA would be a great place to start it off and then expand.

"THERE ARE FARRELL'S OPEN IN SANTA CLARITA, CA AND THERE ARE TWO IN HAWAII (OAHU) IN PEARL CITY AND AT THE WINDWARD MALL."

You also forgot the walk in at the Del Mar Fairgrounds/Racetrack. That's the one I only went to whenever the San Diego County Fair was going on. However in Summer of 2006 I was saddened to hear that the last old-fashioned Farrell's in San Diego County was gonna close down.

Yes, I was browsing your thread today and noticed that the company had newly posted something, and I wanted to bring it to the attention of everyone in this restaurant review section. It was just too good of news to go unnoticed.

• C4C6C

I just started a thread also in the Lounge and then I saw this thread. Sorry for the duplicate.

I work for Mike, the owner of Parlour Enterprises. His e-mail address is there because he wants to hear from you regarding your ideas. This is the real deal.

He and his business partner won all the rights to the Farrell's name (marketing, etc) on 08/26/08 from the Kirin Group and they have had plans for a long time to expand the business. Tuesday's ruling will make it happen that much faster.

• Merry 2014!

Yes! We had one in Reno for a few years back in the day and it was wonderful.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    I just started a thread also in the Lounge and then I saw this thread. Sorry for the duplicate.

No problem, glad you did! This thread is also a duplicate from another thread in the DLR forum, and the way I see it, the more attention Farrell's gets the better it will be for them. I have a soft spot for Farrell's because I worked there for a couple of years while going through college. Their come-back is so exciting for me!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Farell's used to be all over Southern California, very much a part of growing up for us baby boomers.

Remember "The Zoo"? Enough ice cream to feed a family for a week, as I recall...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Oo-de-lally

I have never herd of this place till now. I just looked it up on the internet. It looked great. Especially all the different sundaes.

HOT CARAMEL NUTTY NUTTY $7.99
    If you’re nutty about caramel, or just plain nutty. This has
    three scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, almonds,
    Spanish peanuts, and two cups of hot caramel. Be sure and
    argue with the Hot Fudge Nutty Nutty person about which
    is better.

This one looks fabulous.

Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I want Farrell's back!! Whatever it takes. Sign me up!!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

i just found this... SWEET!!!

i had my 11th birthday party at farrell's.. i got the ice cream volcano. it was awesome. also liked the balloon machine.

I received this as an answer to a question I recently sent to Parlour Enterprises.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Farrell's Ice Cream Parlors.

Farrell's was started in 1963 in Portland, Ore by Bob Farrell. It's turn-of-the-century design and substantial sandwich and ice cream sundae portions made Farrell's an immediate hit. Farrell's became the place to celebrate an event, whether it be a birthday, anniversary, or divorce. The Farrell's servers were entertainers. Bob began franchising the concept which then caught the attention of the Marriott Corporation. Marriott then purchased Farrell's but left Bob running the company. It soon grew to over 130 locations. After several years the concept was sold and changed substantially by the new owner. The changes were not accepted by the public and Farrell's closed it's doors with the franchisees allowed to operate 5 more years. At the end of the 5th year, Farrell's disappeared. In business today, it is very rare for a company to close and still retain a 98% approval from consumers.
    In 1996 the Kirin Group bought the rights to Farrell's and teamed up with Laguna Niguel based, Parlour Enterprises. Unfortunately, the partnership ended up in litigation. In 2008 Parlour Enterprises ended with the rights to the mainland United States and Europe to develop Farrell's. Bob Farrell's joined the Parlour to assist in returning Farrell's to new generations of fans.
    Farrell's #1 is open in Santa Clarita, Ca.
    Parlour Enterprises has identified the Disneyland resorts as the perfect location to add a Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor. While many enjoy the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street in Disneyland, Parlour Enterprises has received dozens of emails from Disneyland fans asking them to open Farrell's in the Disney resort area.
    Farrell's fans who love Disney can assist by letting Disneyland officials know that Parlour Enterprises Inc is ready to bring Farrell's to the Disney Resorts.
    For more information go to www.FarrellsUSA.com

• The one, the only...

It would have made so much sense to make Farrell's part of DCA's original concept. It is a family friendly experience. It would have really been a good counter part to Carnation's Ice Cream Parlor that once was at Disneyland. Instead, they put in Wolfgang Puck's? What were they thinking? I guess they thought children wanted more gourmet food choices.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast