Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Re: Best Place to Eat near Hollywood and Highland

If you like Japanese food, this place is terrific. Suggest you make reservations:

Shintaro
    1900 N Highland Ave Ste 5
    Los Angeles, CA 90068
    Phone: (323) 882-6524

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Sure, I enjoy Ruby's as well.

When did Ruby's open a new location near Hollywood and Highland?

That is, of course, what this thread is about...

"Best place to eat NEAR Hollywood and Highland"...

I never said their was one near Hollywood & Highland - I just likened it to Johnny Rockets and how I really didn't think they two compared because Ruby's was better.

Didn't mean to 'lose you' in that - although, reading what I composed, I can't see how I would have

No need to get snippy with your last comment

• Disney aficionado

ya i couldn't find any ruby's near hollywood and highland o well. it looks like im goin to go with mel's when im there.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    ya i couldn't find any ruby's near hollywood and highland o well. it looks like im goin to go with mel's when im there.
    There is no Ruby's Diner near Hollywood & Highland - I was just stating that Johnny Rockets, which IS at Hollywood & Highland, is quite similar to Ruby's Diner - but Ruby's is much better........never said there was a Ruby's in or near H&H.

• Disney aficionado

got ya.. i didn't think there was the other guy was just getting my hopes up !

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Not sure if travel is able, but you could always drive down to Sunset Blvd and take it into West Hollywood - there is a Dublin's and House of Blues. As well, on Sunset, there is an In n Out Burger near the Ralphs Grocery Store.

You could also take Sunset into Beverly Hills and see what's available near Rodeo Drive area......something is bound to be good there

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I never said their was one near Hollywood & Highland - I just likened it to Johnny Rockets and how I really didn't think they two compared because Ruby's was better.

Well, since the OP was aksing about places to eat near or at H&H, most folks would just stick to the topic at hand and answer his question.

You never heard me say that I prefer Original Tommy's to Johnny Rockets, since they don't have a location at H&H, and it is useless to the OP.

• Sock Puppet

got ya.. i didn't think there was the other guy was just getting my hopes up !

Sorry about that, but I wasn't the one that brought up Ruby's in the first place. I only gave you my choice of the places that were actually near H&H that you asked about.

For some reason, it was being compared to JR's which IS at the location you asked about.

Sorry I contributed to the confusion...

Have a great time wherever you eat!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Well, since the OP was aksing about places to eat near or at H&H, most folks would just stick to the topic at hand and answer his question.

You never heard me say that I prefer Original Tommy's to Johnny Rockets, since they don't have a location at H&H, and it is useless to the OP.

Dude - lighten up. Are you the lunch police or something?

If the OP really wants to find a place to eat near H & H or AT H & H, he can look up H & H online and download a list of eateries at the location.....and then get the zip code and look up eateries in that zip code online.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    If the OP really wants to find a place to eat near H & H or AT H & H, he can look up H & H online and download a list of eateries at the location.....

You're too funny!

If you re-read his first post, that is EXACTLY what he did!

He posted the link to the H&H Center, and was asking about a place to eat there.

Out of those listed, I recommended JR's.

Sure, there are plenty of better places to eat at throughout L.A., but he asked about H&H.

Relax.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

You're too funny!

If you re-read his first post, that is EXACTLY what he did!

He posted the link to the H&H Center, and was asking about a place to eat there.

Out of those listed, I recommended JR's.

Sure, there are plenty of better places to eat at throughout L.A., but he asked about H&H.

Relax.

What if I don't want to relax?
    Maybe I WANT a Ruby's Diner at Hollywood & Highland. Maybe I want a Ruby's Diner on every streetcorner in the continental United States.

No - not really - but it would be cool if they replaced Johnny Rocket's with a Ruby's Diner

• Banned User

My niece and I had dinner at a place called Fabiolus Cafe which is at 6270 W Sunset Blvd. It's Italian food and SOOO good. Fabiolus Cafe - Hollywood, CA, 90028 - Citysearch

The Fabiolus Cafe Web Site
    Some of the best gnocchi I've ever had. It was within walking distance of the Pantages, we were going to see Wicked.

I have no clue if this is close to Hollywood & Highland, but, I think it is.

Isn't there a place called, "Hollywood & Vine"? Is that good?

• Disney aficionado

the hollywood and vine restaraunt is at the intersection of hollywood and vine not the intersection of hollywood and highland.. I think its a little over a mile walk from highland to vine intersections with hollywood blvd.

It looks tasty but seems a bit pricey..

As the OP.. i was looking for a place within walking distance of Hollywood and Highland... I guess you can say I can walk a mile haha.. but I'm talking about a block or two at the most. Probably as far as the Egyptian to the east, and La Brea intersection to the West..

And a block to the south or north, Mel's is located a block to the south which is not a bad walk at all.. and I may be able to park there and just use that as a base instead of paying the $ 2 or so in the hollywood and highland parking complex :-)

Definitely go to the Pig & Whistle! It's close.

H&H only charges $2 to park? Wow.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

the hollywood and vine restaraunt is at the intersection of hollywood and vine not the intersection of hollywood and highland.. I think its a little over a mile walk from highland to vine intersections with hollywood blvd.

It looks tasty but seems a bit pricey..
    Hollywood & Vine has been closed for quite a while. I have no idea why the website is still up, but "For Lease" signs have been on the corner for months.

Mel's is right across the street from H&H, so no problem walking there. I prefer the burgers at Johnny Rockets to Mel's, but just MHO. Mel's has a much bigger menu with more choices.

Pig 'n Whistle isn't bad. If you want to try it, go to Restaurant.com and buy a discount GC. Use code REWARD for 50% off ($25 GC for $5, code expires 1/5/09). Good deal!

I like uWink at H&H. I went with Dustysage right after they opened last year. You order at touchscreen monitors right at the table, and you can play games too. The food was actually not bad. It was fun!

If you feel like an In-n-Out burger, the Sunset Blvd. location is actually walking distance. Just cross Hollywood blvd at Orange (across from the Chinese Theater) and walk down two blocks to Sunset and you're right there!

To the OP: I don't know your whole situation (if you won't have a car, don't want to drive, how much time you will have, etc.) but remember H&H is right on top of a Metro subway station so you can also take the redline as far as Downtown or up to Universal City if you want.
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 01-02-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    --Jonathan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast