Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Best Place to Eat near Hollywood and Highland

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I like uWink at H&H. I went with Dustysage right after they opened last year. You order at touchscreen monitors right at the table, and you can play games too. The food was actually not bad. It was fun!
    Just to clarify, uWink is a very cool concept and we had no complaints about the food,but Sunnygirl, SusieP. and I ate there on Saturday and we came across the worst service ever. The server was basically non-existent, Sunnyg had to track down a manager to get an order problem fixed when the server did actually show up she was extremely rude, downright obnoxious.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Thanks for the reviews.. I'm thinking about trying out Mel's diner. Looks like a cute place with some history and fairly easy parking.
    What are the prices like there and what would you recommend to get?
    Mel's is as reasonably priced as anywhere LOL Just remember that it's a diner, so the food isn't that great. I do recommend the shakes and malts, though The burgers aren't bad.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Incognito

Blog Entries

If you want old school Hollywood, try Musso and Frank.

Musso and Frank Grill

It's not a far walk from H&H.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Just to clarify, uWink is a very cool concept and we had no complaints about the food,but Sunnygirl, SusieP. and I ate there on Saturday and we came across the worst service ever. The server was basically non-existent, Sunnyg had to track down a manager to get an order problem fixed when the server did actually show up she was extremely rude, downright obnoxious.

^What she said. Cool place, decent food, rotten service. I mean ROTTEN. It was definitely a novelty with the touch screens and games and all, but I wouldn't go back.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Disney aficionado

wait.. pig n whistle gift card for 50% off? thats crazy!.

but that doesn't mean you get a $25 gift card for $5..that means you get it for 12.50 haha..

In-N-Out burger that much better than Mel's? I heard good things about In-N-Out.

ya parking at hollywood and highland is $2 with validation from any store for 4 hours I think. Not so shabby.. go buy some gun get validated. haha

• Disney aficionado

That is a pretty dang good deal with the pig n whistle..but trip advisor gives it some pretty iffy reviews.

In-N-Out burger still has some great reviews..

O as for driving. I'll have a rent a car. I just am lookin for somewhere I can park my car once and not have to worry about it. If I park at the HOllywood and Highland complex that will be fine. Is there any parking at In-N-Out?
    Last edited by Yackerz; 01-02-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Normally if I'm going to Hollywood I park at Universal and take the Red line in.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

wait.. pig n whistle gift card for 50% off? thats crazy!.

but that doesn't mean you get a $25 gift card for $5..that means you get it for 12.50 haha..
    Restaurant.com sells $25 gift certificates for $10. With the 50% off coupon code I mentioned before, the cost will be $5. The only restrictions are a minimum purchase requirement, and sometimes a day/time restriction (e.g. not valid on Fri-Sat nights). Each restaurant has different rules, so read them before purchasing.
    Is there any parking at In-N-Out?
    Yes, In-n-Out has a parking lot... but as I said it's only 3 blocks from H&H so you can just walk (if you are starting or ending up at H&H). If you have never eaten an In-n-Out burger, and are a burger lover (as I am), you really should try it. It is the premiere burger stand/fast food experience in So Cal.

Sorry to hear about the service at uWink. When Dustysage and I went they had just opened so were very friendly and enthusiastic. It's a shame they have gone downhill already!
    --Jonathan

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    My niece and I had dinner at a place called Fabiolus Cafe which is at 6270 W Sunset Blvd. It's Italian food and SOOO good. Fabiolus Cafe - Hollywood, CA, 90028 - Citysearch

The Fabiolus Cafe Web Site
    Some of the best gnocchi I've ever had. It was within walking distance of the Pantages, we were going to see Wicked.

I have no clue if this is close to Hollywood & Highland, but, I think it is.

Isn't there a place called, "Hollywood & Vine"? Is that good?

I have to chime in and say that this restaurant is WORTH IT!!! I love fabiolus
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Disney aficionado

haha so to save a couple bucs, I could just park my car at In and out and just come back to it about 5 hours later?

I've read about the In-N-Out. People say to try the burgers "animal style".
    Anyone else can vouch for this?

• Charmander!

haha so to save a couple bucs, I could just park my car at In and out and just come back to it about 5 hours later?

I eat at In-N-Out at least once a week. Its much better than McDonalds or any other fast food place. Prices are very reasonable too.

"Animal style" fries are my favorite thing ever... fries topped with thousand island dressing, grilled onions, and melted cheese.

Animal style burgers i believe include grilled onions, pickles, and the patty is grilled in mustard.

• Disney aficionado

haha the fries sound good,..i dono about the burger grilled in mustard!

as someone that lived near hollywood for a long time you really need to watch it with parking. Even if you eat at in-n-out they will tow your car if its there for 5 hours. Also Mel's charges you for parking, its $2 will validation for an hour and then it gets really expensive after that. Parking in hollywood and highland is the best opition. Its $2 for 4 hours and then $1 for every 20 minutes after that with a $10 daily max, much cheaper than anywhere else in the area.

Blog Entries

I ate at uWink in Spetember and thought the food was good and the concept was cool. The service was so-so. I would go back.

A great dessert is the cream puffs at Beard Papa's. Inexpensive and so good!

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyChris View Post
    I eat at In-N-Out at least once a week. Its much better than McDonalds or any other fast food place. Prices are very reasonable too.

"Animal style" fries are my favorite thing ever... fries topped with thousand island dressing, grilled onions, and melted cheese.

Animal style burgers i believe include grilled onions, pickles, and the patty is grilled in mustard.
    You also get a bit more lettuce along with melted cheese with the animal style burgers. Once I tried it, I never ordered the regular In-N-Out burgers ever again!

If you like, you can also ask them to make your fries well done so that they're crispier.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast