Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Re: Blue Bayou Priority Seating?

Are they there 24 / 7 to take your calls for priority seating? I was thinking about calling around 9 Eastern time this Saturday (60 days before the day). This would be 6 AM California time. They'll be thrilled to here from me then

As I recall, the good folks taking priority seating reservations start answering phones at 7 am, west coast time.

• Disney aficionado

Thanks I will call at 7 AM West Coast time then!

Will they take my reservations if they are 61 days in advance? haha I'm going to call on 60 days in advance for my 1st day.. but the 2nd day will be 61 days in advance uh oh ! haha

• Disney aficionado

Just made my priority seating reservations for the blue bayou and carnation cafe for my honeymoon!

Blue Bayou June 18th 11:30 AM
    Carnation Cafe June 19th 6:30 PM

I am excited !!!!

• Banned User

cool. have fun

• former CM

By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    . . . What time is best for a reservation? . . . What about 11:30? . . . .
    I thought they opened at 11:30.
    Does it open at different times on different days?

I was told once when I made a reservation for the first lunch seating, "I just want to warn you that you are the 10th person to make a reservations and there are only 9 tables by the water." I was told that if one party didn't show up I could get a table by the water.

The reservations hostess also warned me against the small table for two near a bad place. (The kitchen, the bathroom, a nasty swamp smell/creature? I forgot.)

• Waiting Since 1992

I don't know if somebody mentioned this or not, but when you go to your reservation time make sure EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN YOUR PARTY IS WITH YOU. My best friend had made reservations as early as possible for next-to-water seating for my bachalorette party a year ago and when we arrived, a member of my party had gone to the restroom. We were told that not only could we not be seated, but they had given away our table! We had arrived even 15 minutes before our scheduled time. VERY FRUSTRATING.

We had to wait an extra 30 minutes or so until another table near the water freed up. I think it depends on which CM you get to help you. Either they want to help you or they don't. The lady who gave our table away was NOT the lady who found us another table 30 minutes later.

• Disney aficionado

thanks for the tip.. I'm just going with my fiancee and we will be on our honeymoon. I'll try to get there about 15 minutes before the time though, so our table isn't given away like in your story

• Shifting cargo

Yeah you can book up to two months in advance. If you want a nice seat, like by a water, be prepaed to wait up to a half an hour or so. That's what I'm doing

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Here's my 2 cents

I ate at the BB this past Wednesday, I didnt make a reservation in advance and when I walked up to try and make a reservation at 11:30 (when they opened) I was told that they werent taking anymore, however I asked how long the wait would be as a walk up and they said 15 minutes and it only took 5 minutes actually. Food was just OK; the Jambalaya was not good (way too much rice)and the crab cakes were luke warm, but the monte cristo got a thumbs up, our server was as personable as a zombie, I'm in no hurry to go back. Lunch for 3 with tip was $125
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Disney aficionado

ya.. Monte Christo it is for me.. only going to go cause the fiancee wants to hehe. I guess its a good thing to do at least once in a lifetime as well.

Already have my reservations for 11:30 for June 18th

the blue bayou is great for the experience...but so-so for the food. I've been for dinner quite a few times and I had the salmon, which was pretty good. Get the cookie boat!! It's super good.

I'm not sure if it's because I've ordered something different each time I've visited, but it seemed that with each visit the quality declined. Last time I was there (Sept 2008) I had the Jumbalaya and it wasn't all that great. A few years back I had a pork dish with root beer potatoes and that was fantastic.

With the exception of last trip, I've always waited for the water seats. I don't get to go very often so I always try to make the best of it. Sometimes it was an additional 5 minutes; sometimes it was 30 minutes.

I'll have to remember your advice, venusgirl, and try the cookie boat. I didn't even notice it last time I was there.

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsinger View Post
    I'm not sure if it's because I've ordered something different each time I've visited, but it seemed that with each visit the quality declined. Last time I was there (Sept 2008) I had the Jumbalaya and it wasn't all that great. A few years back I had a pork dish with root beer potatoes and that was fantastic.

With the exception of last trip, I've always waited for the water seats. I don't get to go very often so I always try to make the best of it. Sometimes it was an additional 5 minutes; sometimes it was 30 minutes.

I'll have to remember your advice, venusgirl, and try the cookie boat. I didn't even notice it last time I was there.
    mmm cookie boat. Do you think that we would get water seats any quicker since we are on our honeymoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    mmm cookie boat. Do you think that we would get water seats any quicker since we are on our honeymoon?

No. Seating is based on when you made your booking. I booked our lunch at BB well in advance. When I booked, I requested water seating. The girl told me that since I was only the second person to book for that day (and we had booked the 1130 seating) that we would likely have no trouble sitting wherever we wanted. When the day arrived, we were about the 10th person to check in but got seated 2nd. So, the seating order was based on where you were in the queue when first making your priority seating booking.

As a side note, with regards to the food. We had three people in our group and ordered the jambalaya, the portobella mushroom and the monte cristo. The mushroom and the monte cristo were way too rich and the jambalaya was actually quite bland. The portion sizes were ridiculously huge - none of us finished. Seriously - icing sugar on a deep fried cheese and processed meat sandwich???!! No wonder we saw so many grotesquely obese people in the park if that is considered standard fare. And don't even get me started on the concept of an entire turkey leg as a snack. I have never seen so many people with serious weight issues as I saw when I was in Disneyland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast