Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: 15 Awards Given Disneyland Resort Restaurants At SoCal Food and Wine Critics Banq

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Any reason why The Vineyard Room in DCA isn't on there at all? Closed? Am I making this restaurant up, or something?

I wanted to go to Napa Rose a few weeks ago, but I couldn't wait until dinner. went to Storytellers instead.
    Probably because the Vineyard Room's been closed for quite a while now.

Which is too bad, because my parents swore by that place. Supposedly, it's returning in the Fall.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: 15 Awards Given Disneyland Resort Restaurants At SoCal Food and Wine Critics Banq

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Probably because the Vineyard Room's been closed for quite a while now.

Which is too bad, because my parents swore by that place. Supposedly, it's returning in the Fall.
    According to the person at the Disneyland Dining line I talked to today, the Vinyard was originally said to be closed indefinitely ..but now it may reopen as a new restaurant with a different name. Hope your source trumps mine stitchon, and that the Vintage will return later this year.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Here's my 2 cents

ah, The Vinyard Room...wondeful place it was. It a had a four course dinner with wine paring that rivaled the Napa Rose. Great, great memories of time spent with family and friends up there. It gradually eroded in quality and service and at the end it was nowhere near as good. Good news to hear it may come back, and I hope its with the quality it once had.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• DCA FTW!

Cool, Napa Rose for dinner its is friday night!
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm thrilled, Barry! ..that both the Napa Rose and the Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian scored top awards. Haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the Rose as of yet. Award winning chef Alex Flores/Francisco Origel (what a long name lol!) is a new reason for me to give it a try. Now, I'm not complaining about the four stars that Storytellers received ..but i would rate it with five stars any day of the week. The food and sevice are impecable. This fun experience really rouds out a vacation trip.

I'd agree with you that Cafe Orleans is overrated at four stars. It's great ..but two or three stars would be my rating. Due to the super ambiance and service, the Blue Bayou deserves four stars ..I'd say five if they would expand the menu choices and lower the prices.
    Once you've experienced Napa Rose, I believe your opinion of Storytellers will change.

And Blue Bayou is miles from ever being 5stars IMHO. (again, using Napa as the benchmark).
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12