• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Fellow Quasi-Vegans Out There...

Hey Guys,

Wanted to know if there are any other quasi-vegans out there who hit the parks frequently. I say quasi because as much as I try to hold myself to a vegan standard, and this is after years of mainlining nothing but McDonalds, sometimes something with an egg or something slips past me, and I just don't notice.
    What do you fellow vegans do at the parks if there are any out there? I have noticed that as I went from meat eater, to vegetarian to vegan, the options got slimmer and slimmer. I tend to hit up the fruit carts up a lot, and the veggie skewers at the Bengal are decent. I know I could truck all my own food up there, but usually unless the girlfriend and her large purse are with me, I go with as little baggage as possible.
    So, feel free to reply with any suggestions. I'm well versed in the parks, but sometimes a fresh perspective could help.
    Also, anyone have an idea if the DLR has switched their cooking oil to the trans fat free oil? Sure, french fries generally are vegan, but I won't touch anything that has the trans evil in it.

Bob

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Re: Fellow Quasi-Vegans Out There...

As a long time Vegan for health reasons ( allergies ) eating at the resort can be a pain. Have had one REALLY bad experience with the former Soap Opera Bistro. I was assured the cook could make something that would be GREAT! After that meal I began to feel really ill just as We got on the Sun Wheel in a swinging car too.:P I had a better one at the BB and at Cafe Orleans by talking to the server about my allergies and options available. Carnation Cafe has done some workable sandwiches for Me as well. As I tend get rashes a few hours after eating traces of hidden animal protein in my food; I know if a cook messed up. Best results I have gotten have been on days that weren't as busy for the server. Also helps if the server really listens to the needs.

Hope that helps!

• Im the fun mommy :)

Here is what I got so far

cafe Orleans

Creole Ratatouille
    - A N'awlins twist on a French favorite! Savory vegetable ragout, with tomato, eggplant, red onion, bell pepper, squash, zucchini, and fresh garlic ( have them leave out the cheese)

La Brea
    Rosemary Vegetable - Roasted Zucchini, Eggplant, Red Peppers, Red Onions with Artichoke spread. Served on La Brea Bakery Rosemary Olive Oil Bread. $13.25
    uva bar
    Butternut Squash Soup
    - with candied almonds. $8
    Baby Mixed Greens - with garlic croutons, fresh herbs, and red wine vinaigrette. $9

Rainforest
    Natural Burger
    - Meatless patty of brown rice and vegetables served with tomatoes, red onions, fresh spinach and greens tossed with Balsamic dressing, on a toasted bun with our zesty Safari sauce. $10.99

croc bite
    Veggie Burger - Served with sliced apples or French fries. $7.59

Pacific warf
    Vallejo Vegetarian Chili - Medley of tomato, bell peppers, onion, carrots, zucchini, pinto & black beans, simmered in a rich tomato broth, with just a hint of jalapeno and chile pepper. $8.99

Village haus
    Veggie Burger $7.59
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

call ahead if you find a nice sit down restaurant you want to go to, the chef's can make you a nice vegan dish.

Yes, Disney banned trans fats a year ago .

• The line's too long...

If you're really sensitive to animal protein be careful of the veggie skewers at Bengal Barbecue as they're cooked on the same as the bacon and all the other meat.
    The new Thunder Ranch BBQ has a nice veggie and tofu skewer with cole slaw, baked beans and cobbed corn. It's vegan heaven there...

ok i just drool and got hungry on that list.. very delish dish..
    just do what you think...

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Wow, thanks for all the info everyone. That new tofo skewer sounds tasty, if its cooked properly.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Sock Puppet

We usually go at Rainforest my son loved the monkey show.