Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Re: Best Food Deal in the Disneyland Resort

Sediment, I'm planning on spending 2 days at the park now!... you've missed my threads the past few days haha.
    Well, 2 days or either a day and like 6 hours depending on whether or not I can get free USH tickets from a great uncle who is an accountant for them. If I can, then I'll be going to USH Friday, and Disneyland for 6 hours Wednesday and all day Thursday.
    Otherwise no USH for me, there isn't enough we like there.

Anyone like the Carnation Cafe? is it tasty? Do they take reservations? My fiancee kind of liked the looks of it, not sure why . I told her I'd let her pick whatever she wanted. She gave me like 3 or 4 choices that being one of them the other ones: River Belle Terrace and The Golden Horseshoe and Stage door cafe. (For some reason she liked all the frontierland ones) I dono why? haha.

I always make a point of eating at least one meal at Carnation Café. You can call ahead for priority seating at 1-714-781-3463. I don't care for the River Belle Terrace except for breakfast since they've changed the menu. And the Golden Horseshoe will always be a favorite! I don't think the food is that incredible, but seeing Billy Hill and the Hillbillies during your meal is a great treat!

• Banned User

I love Carnation Cafe! Also, Whitewater Snacks nachos, to me, are enough for 2 people. It's a lot of food. I like the chicken nachos at the take-out window at Tortilla Joe's too. Bengal BBQ is good, but, I need 2 skewers to make it a meal, and, that brings it to 7.00 or so without a drink. Corndogs on Main Street are a favorite for me and hubby.

• Sock Puppet

We always enjoy eating at the Carnation Cafe twice per trip. Once for breakfast and once for lunch.

While enjoying breakfast there last week, Oscar came up to us and sat down in the empty chair and chatted with us for about 5 minutes. He told the kids a few stories and gave my wife a tip or two regarding the Hollandaise sauce for the Croissant Benedicts.

The Croissant Benedict and the Cinnamon French Toast are our breakfast favorites! And of course, we start each breakfast off by sharing a huge cinnamon roll with hot chocolate!

For our lunchtime meals (always on a seperate day) we enjoy the Croissant Chicken Club and the Loaded Baked Potato Soup.

We HIGHLY recommend priority seating arrangements. The line there seems to be never-ending and as we enjoy our meals, we always see folks having to wait in line for the duration of our meal. With P-S arrangements, we have never waited more than five minutes after checking in with them.

That's almost better than the Fastpasses!

Anyone that does not make the P-S arrangements that are available thru Disney Dining for a planned trip to the Resort is just wasting their time standing in line. It's a much appreciated and valuable service!

• Disney aficionado

Ok, I'll make sure to get priority seating there then.
    What would you recommend to try at the carnation cafe for dinner?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If you want pics of food, do search in the DL forum... there have been a couple of threads w/pics of the DLR food
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disney aficionado

mmm pictures of food.. enough to make me salivate.

My wife saw those pictures of Club 33 food and said.. eww ..

I'm like; well I'm sure its tasty.. I nevertheless couldn't convince her to try it. Like I could have dragged her into the Club, and I know she'd go because she's nice like that. However, I know that isn't what she really wanted to do.

We'll have fun at the blue bayou, corndog castle, carnation cafe, and it's looking to be someplace at the gardenwalk. As I am a fan of forrest gump, probably bubba's.

Other restaraunts on the list for our honeymoon:
    Pig N Whistle in hollywood
    Las Brisas in Laguna
    In N Out for lunch someday I just have to try them!
    A place called the Whoa Nellie Dellie near bodie ghost town.
    Mountain Room Restaurant near Yosemite falls.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post

I'm like; well I'm sure its tasty.. I nevertheless couldn't convince her to try it. Like I could have dragged her into the Club, and I know she'd go because she's nice like that. However, I know that isn't what she really wanted to do.

We'll have fun at the blue bayou, corndog castle, carnation cafe, and it's looking to be someplace at the gardenwalk. As I am a fan of forrest gump, probably bubba's.

Las Brisas in Laguna
    In N Out for lunch someday I just have to try them!
    A place called the Whoa Nellie Dellie near bodie ghost town.
    Mountain Room Restaurant near Yosemite falls.
    Are you a member of Club33? Because if not, you can drag her in, but security will drag you both out of the park. But really...give it a try!

• Young Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post

Since you're from a foreign area, I suggest an adventure to an In-N-Out Burger. They're open late.
    Corner of Brookhurst (1.5 miles west of Harbor) and Orange (1.5 miles north of Katella).
    ^Genius. I 100% agree.

For a snack/dessert, I suggest the beignets at the Creole Cafe in Downtown Disney, (it is the counter-service counterpart of Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. You can get about 4 for $4. While not as big as a churro, it's a pretty good deal considering you get 1 churro for about the same price.
    Show off your Disneyland knowledge by entering my photo contest:
    http://ocregister.upickem.net/engine...contestid=2557

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Are you a member of Club33? Because if not, you can drag her in, but security will drag you both out of the park. But really...give it a try!
    No I'm not a member. I did get invited by a member to go on my honeymoon, however. Of course I know that rule, I probably know more about club 33 than most mice chatters here who never been there. I kept looking up stuff about it to try to convince my fiancee that it was something to go to. She's a stubborn one. O well haha.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post

Well, I have found that unless food pics have been taken professionally, they rarely ever look like they do in person (on the opposite side of that, how else can fast food places get those burgers to look like that! They certainly DON'T look like the pics once you leave the drive-thru! LOL).

Trust me, the food at Club 33 is awesome!

We just ate at the Pig 'N Whistle last week again. VERY good.

It'll taste even better if you get the coupon from restaurants.com. A $25.00 gift certificate is on sale for $2.00!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Small Fry View Post
    For a snack/dessert, I suggest the beignets at the Creole Cafe in Downtown Disney, (it is the counter-service counterpart of Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. You can get about 4 for $4. While not as big as a churro, it's a pretty good deal considering you get 1 churro for about the same price.

That's a good idea!

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Well, I have found that unless food pics have been taken professionally, they rarely ever look like they do in person (on the opposite side of that, how else can fast food places get those burgers to look like that! They certainly DON'T look like the pics once you leave the drive-thru! LOL).

Trust me, the food at Club 33 is awesome!

We just ate at the Pig 'N Whistle last week again. VERY good.

It'll taste even better if you get the coupon from restaurants.com. A $25.00 gift certificate is on sale for $2.00!
    Ya I'll be missing out on Club 33 food I know it. O well... I'll just settle for the Monte Christo instead at blue bayou.

I did get one from there about a month back for $5 I believe. If you search the Pig N Whistle Review thread, I actually recommended that offer to other people hehe. That coupon is part of the reason why we decided to go there

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Small Fry View Post
    ^Genius. I 100% agree.

mmm sounds tasty.. Not so bad of a deal either. maybe we'll stop by for a late night snackaroo there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Unless you are buzzed in....you're not getting past that front door, guaranteed!!!!

I will 2nd the fact that the food at Club 33 is amazing! Yummy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast