Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Best Food Deal in the Disneyland Resort

All the prices for food at disneyland seem pretty high.
    I'm just trying to find out the most tasty, cheapest dinner you could get at disneyland, dca, or downtown disney?

hehe don't say blue bayou .., I know its tasty, but its not too cheap.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Best Food Deal in the Disneyland Resort

IMHO, it is Wetzel's Pretzel and its Pretzel Dog's Combo, where a Hot Dog in a Pretzel Bun and a Soda is about $6, and you get a AP discount.

Not the biggest meal, but a great deal...

Off Property, I love the AGW Bar Louie Happy Hour deal during the week (4 to 7 weekdays), and of course, the $5 Subway Footlongs at the corner of Harbor and Katella if you want a lot of food for cheap. (And then head to 7-11 across the street for sodas!).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    IMHO, it is Wetzel's Pretzel and its Pretzel Dog's Combo, where a Hot Dog in a Pretzel Bun and a Soda is about $6, and you get a AP discount.

Not the biggest meal, but a great deal...

Off Property, I love the AGW Bar Louie Happy Hour deal during the week (4 to 7 weekdays), and of course, the $5 Subway Footlongs at the corner of Harbor and Katella if you want a lot of food for cheap. (And then head to 7-11 across the street for sodas!).
    haha $5 foot longs cant beat that . I used to work at subway, so I am kind of subwayed out. Is the wetzel pretzel hot dog combo pretty tasty? (It's in DTD I looked it up and answered my own question)

Is it better than Corndog Castle in DCA? I was thinking about going there one night.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-25-2009 at 02:41 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Corn Dog Castle isn't cheap. But they are BIG corn dogs!

ESPN Zone is reasonable, it's sit-down and they have free soda refills.

Whitewater Snacks is fairly cheap and tastey. Heck, you could make a meal out of their nachos if you want.

If you venture down to the Subway and/or 7-11, watch out for the hobo's. They'll hit you up for some cash and maybe make some comments towards your new bride.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

Whitewater Snacks is fairly cheap and tastey. Heck, you could make a meal out of their nachos if you want.

If you venture down to the Subway and/or 7-11, watch out for the hobo's. They'll hit you up for some cash and maybe make some comments towards your new bride.
    *shiver* off property.. *shiver*

• Park Lover

It's not "cheap" but it won't break the bank....Taste Pilot's in DCA is the best quick serv at DLR in my opinion. For the last three years I've just gone there for lunch each time I'm in the park and always look forward to it. You get a lot of food and it's always good.

On South Harbor Boulevard, Mcdonald's, Quiznos, Denny's are pretty good deals

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

As far as in the park, the Bengal BBQ is a fair deal to me. Of course, I don't eat meat or anything, so, to me, the skewers are worth the money.
    I'd also say Jamba Juice as well. For 5 to 6 bucks, you can get a pretty filling smoothy, and its somewhat healthier than anything else you'll get in the parks.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    As far as in the park, the Bengal BBQ is a fair deal to me. Of course, I don't eat meat or anything, so, to me, the skewers are worth the money.
    No not get me wrong I do like the Bengal BBQ, but I would not call it a fair deal. It always seemed a little over priced for the amount of food you got.

• no flash photography...

We get the pasta at pizza port and share it. They give you a lot of pasta and I can never finish it all. Most of the time we eat outside of the park. We like to go to the garden walk.

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

...we have always enjoyed the Classic Corner

IN Disneyland has to be Turkey Legs; for me it always has been. The chocolate cakes at GCH can't be beat either. For a sit down meal; it's always been pizza port and their chicken alfredo is really good for Disney food.

Now if your going to wander away; its McCormick and Schmick's in Gardenwalk, 1.95 half pound cheeseburger during happy hour M-F 4-6:30pm, and you do need to buy a drink, but for 5 bucks burger and a beer can't be beat.

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

How close to the gardenwalk / disneyland are these hobos! I've come across my share of them here in Pittsburgh, and I don't mind them too much, but there always is the occasional scary one that starts to follow you. I don't want that to be the case here haha..

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    We get the pasta at pizza port and share it. They give you a lot of pasta and I can never finish it all. Most of the time we eat outside of the park. We like to go to the garden walk.
    What type of pasta do they have? Do you share one big pasta with both of you? Anything else really tasty there. The pizza looks pretty expensive.

• Rock Star Minion

For your only day at Disneyland, I don't recommend an hour or two outside the park, unless you're eating after 9PM (when the gates close and you have to leave). So, eat a late lunch (2-ish), then a late dinner.

Since you're from a foreign area, I suggest an adventure to an In-N-Out Burger. They're open late.
    Corner of Brookhurst (1.5 miles west of Harbor) and Orange (1.5 miles north of Katella).

Here's an aerial view:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...53809&t=h&z=13

However, I would recommend instead a cheap lunch in the park, then a very nice dinner at Napa Rose in the GCH.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneymom

I think it is the Pilot's Grill in DCA. You get the ribs, fries and we make a salad from the condiments bar. You get alot of food so we share. The other place is the Fried Chicken at the Plaza. Three pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and a bisquit. Alot of food. For the 5 of us we usually get 3 meals and split. The fried chicken is a must for this household. Not just any but the Plaza's. When hubby and I went for his b-day and our anniversary (they are on the same day) we had to save some and bring it home to the kids. Even reheated the next day they loved it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast