Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

BBQ pricing PREDICTIONS

I asked for predictions deep into a more general Celebration BBQ thread on another Disney fan Web site (starts with an "M" and ends in an "ouseplanet') and only had one poster respond.
    So here is my second attempt to hear from you, my fellow Disneyland maniacs:

Predictions please:

1. Do you think they will lower the price of the $36-per-adult-Celebration BBQ?

2. If so, what will the new adult price be?

3. If so, when will they lower it? (e.g. in May or September?)
    One person made the good point that it will probably be kept open till this celebration promotion ends.

4. In his excellent weekly update this morning (April 7), Al Lutz wrote that this (in Al's opinion) overpriced, otherwise excellent, eating experience (he disliked the cupcakes too--minor detail) would be closed before they lowered the price. According to Al's update, this BBQ has been attracting far fewer guests than expected because people are unwilling to pay $36 per adult. So do you think that this will be closed?

5. (a question, not a prediction) Besides not eating there, what is the most effective way to suggest to the right Disney executives that they should lower the price of the Celebration BBQ?

I love everything I've heard about this BBQ Celebration except for the price and possibly the desserts--though I've read one can substitute fresh fruit.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: BBQ pricing PREDICTIONS

"Maniacs"? Speak for yourself!

1. No.
    2. NA
    3. NA. It will likely be seasonal and close in September,a s it gets a bit too cold to eat outside.
    4. Not until September.
    5. I think everyone posting here should walk by, every time they visit, and say loudly enough for everyone to hear, "Wow, that's pretty expensive for me!"

My prediction, not covered by your questions: single meat options and the dessert unbundled will be offered, with separate (and lower) price points for each. This will occur after everyone takes my suggestion to share the meals.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• former CM

Thumbs up Sediment rules!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    . . . 5. I think everyone posting here should walk by, every time they visit, and say loudly enough for everyone to hear, "Wow, that's pretty expensive for me!". . .
    I like it!
    I would like to ask the front line cast members how many times they have heard guests comment on the high price.

Yet I feel a little like a Homer Simpson, helplessly paying $15 for a churro at Epcot. Must. . .Resist. . . Even though my three-year-old would love it. Is it too early to teach her frugality? (Yes) Is it a too late to not stupidly blow money on ridiculously over-priced things like $36 (for me) & $23 (for her) BBQ so that I can make larger contributions to her college fund? (No.)

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

I lost you about question #3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• former CM

Oops!

I carelessly missed the "Return of the Big Thunder BBQ" thread in the Disneyland section of the Miceage Forums with (as of April 7, 2009) over 21 pages of comments--many about the $36 price tag. Had I read the many posts that already eloquently agreed with my belief that this price was a foolishly greedy, short-sighted betrayal of Disneyland's middle class fans, I probably wouldn't have started this thread.

My bad.

P.S. As long as I'm writing and a little off topic, people are more offended when they feel excluded inside the park. Everyone gets that the hotels cater to different classes, but part of the magic of Disneyland is that everyone seems to be a VIP. Those drinking alcohol above us in Club 33 are discretely out of sight of guests, most of whom have no idea that the club exists, and so the magical illusion of equality is not broken. Excluding tours and celebrities, you can't buy your way to the front of lines at Disneyland, unless you use Fastpass which only rewards experience and good planning.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-07-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Wink Re: BBQ pricing PREDICTIONS

As a vegetarian I'd pass on the this new restaurant, but noticed they had barkers outside the restaurant trying to entice people inside Sunday. It didn't appear popular. I predict it's high prices amidst a recession spell flop. Baby boomers, with thicker wallets, will pass on this for healthier food.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whamo View Post
    As a vegetarian I'd pass on the this new restaurant, but noticed they had barkers outside the restaurant trying to entice people inside Sunday. It didn't appear popular. I predict it's high prices amidst a recession spell flop. Baby boomers, with thicker wallets, will pass on this for healthier food.
    They do have a vegetarian option... I've seen pictures and while it looks good, its even more over priced for what you get.

Will they close it or lower the price... I don't foresee them lowering the price. But they may like sediment said, have it has a seasonal restaurant. Once the Celebration promotion is over, I can't see that they would continue it in its current form. Maybe in a year of so have it open as a regular Bar-b-que place with different selections and perhaps then a better price.

Of course I'm the one that paid $8.00 for a cup of soup and a half a sandwich in a cafe in Palm Springs today so who am I to judge.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Hold on let me look into the MiceChat crystam ball when nobody's using it.

• dL lover from hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    3. NA. It will likely be seasonal and close in September,a s it gets a bit too cold to eat outside.
    If it is seasonal, what happens in that area during the Christmas holidays?

i just get more hungrier when there is a topic about food.. lol
    just do what you think...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Niele View Post
    Good question. I think it would be closed for Chrismas, too. Too cold/(possibly) wet.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Niele View Post
    BBQ reindeer served by elves for $79 per adult, $78 for children ages one to five.

Gratuity and taxes will be added.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    BBQ reindeer served by elves for $79 per adult, $78 for children ages one to five.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

LOL that is the best yet !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• HauntedOne999

seeing how the venue has been very empty... I would think that Disney would lower the price. I think 24.99 would be more suited for adults and 12.99 for children. Otherwise if the crowds dont start showing up alot of food will go wasted. or they should at least have a family meal plan say like 59.99 for a family of 4.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast