San Sai Japanese Grill in Gardenwalk?

Has anyone been there? What's the pricing like? We are going to be in Disneyland for my twins' 3rd birthday and I want to find a good place for dinner, they both love sushi and the location is very close to our hotel and the park. I can't tell from the website if it's a full service or an order at the counter and find your own seat place.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: San Sai Japanese Grill in Gardenwalk?

There's one in the mall by my work. It is fast food Japanese. Good, but not great. less than $10 per person.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Agree with Dusty, it is a chain, meals usually under, or just around $10.

Not bad, but if you want GREAT Sushi at GardenWalk, head to Roy's, they have a true Sushi Bar, but be prepared to pay for it. I think you should plan to spend about $50 a person, but might spend a bit less than that.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Dusty and DB hit the nail on the head,San Sai is basically the Japanese version of Baja Fresh. Its not McDonalds type of fast food,but its not a sit down restaurant either, its pretty much in the middle.
    Last edited by BuenaVista28; 05-04-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Thank you, that's exactly the info I need! Would Roy's be okay for two toddlers? I wouldn't want to ruin someone's date night. My kids are usually very well behaved in restaurants but even normal kid behaviour can be a downer for someone who left their kids at home and were expecting a nice quiet night out.

• Sock Puppet

Yes. Roy's is absolutely perfect. They are offering a good deal for Mother's day right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Dusty and DB hit the nail on the head,San Sai is basically the Japanese version of Baja Fresh. Its not McDonalds type of fast food,but its not a sit down restaurant either, its pretty much in the middle.
    In my opinion, San Sai is one of the better quick-serve places around. Definitely not what pitter_patter is looking for this time around, but a good place nonetheless.

• Sock Puppet

I agree. You can never replace a traditional Japanese place, especially for Sushi, but if you want a quick and cheap place this is the way to go IMO

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I wish there was a TRUE authentic Japanese restaurant around. San Sai is just another franchise.

The History of SanSai™ –How it all started...
    The two founders of SanSai USA, Inc., Dan Burns and Yon Suk Lipsky, are true restaurant professionals who have been developing unique and innovative restaurant concepts since 1978. From pizza to sushi, Burns and Lipsky have satisfied the tastes of a wide variety of markets.

When Dan and Yon Suk first met they found that their talents and visions for what makes a restaurant concept successful were instantly compatible and complementary. They soon began to identify a void in the marketplace for a restaurant that not only serves the highest quality and tastiest food, but that is quick and casual and can provide a healthy and affordable everyday solution for today’s busy lifestyles.

In 2002 they were inspired to open the first SanSai™ Japanese Grill restaurant in Glendale, California. After transforming an old 50’s diner into a modern quick-service Japanese grill with a plasma screen TV, SanSai became a popular spot for lunch and dinner. It was not long after opening day that crowds gathered to enjoy YonSuk’s fresh salads along side her grilled teriyaki salmon. In spite of competition by eight different nearby traditional Japanese restaurants, no parking, and an inherent stigma that came with opening a restaurant in one of those "jinxed" locations where previous business owners had failed, SanSai prevailed with an overwhelmingly positive reception. It was then that Dan (the experienced restauranteur) and Yon Suk (the culinary expert) realized how truly unique the SanSai dining experience was: fresh, quick, delicious, affordable healthy food, accompanied by superior service, a friendly environment and a positive spirit.

Before the year's end they opened their second store in Orange County, CA with even greater success. In 2003 they expanded to Pasadena, Ventura, Beverly Hills, and St. Louis, Missouri. In 2004 they opened stores in San Diego, Moorpark, and Brentwood, CA, and Clayton, MO. Now, with over 15 thriving locations, Dan and Yon Suk's vision is to offer their smart, fresh, and tasty alternative to many more guests for years to come.

Why Missouri? Well, that’s where Dan’s from.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html