• C4C6C

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour - New Location

The new location for Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour was announced last week. It will be opening in the fall at The Shops of Mission Viejo.

I missed this last week Finally! Farrell’s reveals first O.C. location - Fast Food Maven - OCRegister.com and I haven't talked with Mike Flemming the owner in a few weeks.

NBC in L.A. also did a piece on it also as linked through Farrell's Facebook page: Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

Good luck Mike and Paul.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour - New Location

That is fantastic. I hope the new location will have the old look that I remember so fondly.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• "I Break Things"

Mission Viejo is a drive for me... but if I am on a road trip I will stop in. I have never been to Farrell's but I have heard a lot about it. Thank You.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I miss the Fashion Valley location

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Somewhere around here I have a whole pile of 'I ate the whole Pig Trough' ribbons...

(Generously sized Banana Split, either 4 or 5 scoops IIRC. Dive in with a vengeance, and they can disappear fast. Happy Birthday to Me!)

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Farrell's will open in late August 09 in Mission Viejo

Talking Re: Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour - New Location

Hey Micechat Members,
    Last year their were 6 pages about bringing a Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour to DCA or the Resort area. Back then, we weren't in a position to do that but today we are. Farrell's is opening in late August '09 at The Shops at Mission Viejo but we want to know if there is still interest in Farrell's at the Disney Resorts? Let us know and be sure to check out our Micechat page FARRELLSisBACK.
    We think FARRELL's is a natural for Disney. How about you?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I miss Farrells. We used to have them up here in the Bay Area, but they've been gone for about 30 years now.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by FARRELLSisBACK View Post
    Hey Micechat Members,
    Last year their were 6 pages about bringing a Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour to DCA or the Resort area. Back then, we weren't in a position to do that but today we are. Farrell's is opening in late August '09 at The Shops at Mission Viejo but we want to know if there is still interest in Farrell's at the Disney Resorts? Let us know and be sure to check out our Micechat page FARRELLSisBACK.
    We think FARRELL's is a natural for Disney. How about you?
    Well, I think it would be, especially after the current Birthday free DL admission deal expires at the end of the year. At least through 12/31/09, Disney is trying to get them in and keep them in for the whole day...

But if you wanted to build a location on Disney property proper (like in Downtown Disney) the problem is convincing Disney that it is a natural fit... (Or they'll never rent you a location.) And there might be a non-competition clause problem with Haagen-Dazs.

I'd be really cautious as to the exact contract wording, because Wolfgang Puck, Mondavi and Patina Group (et. al.) have all had problems and bailed out. Of course part of that could easily be their own fault due to overly optimistic expectations, but we'll never really know for sure. There is always the real reason and it isn't necessarily the one from the press releases.

If they say no on a DTD location, you might want to look in the immediate area - Anaheim GardenWalk, or if there are any vacant freestanding locations in the immediate area. Or look south on Harbor outside the Resort District towards Garden Grove. The taxes and rent should be lower down there, and you are still close enough to get the draw.

It's certainly worth a much closer look, and an honest study. Because like Grandpa told me (and no fooling, he really did) "There's one sure way to make a small fortune in the Restaurant Business - First you start with a large fortune..." { :rimshot: }

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1