Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Medival times or pirate adevnture show

We are finally getting to come back to the park after 1 1/2 years and thought we'd try one of the local dinner theaters so i came for expert opinions. Medival times or pirate adventure show???? We've never been to either so am curious about your opinions.

• formerly Gravey80

Re: Medival times or pirate adevnture show

The pirate show is good, but when I went, I thought that it was kinda cheesey. I was musical. The Medival one, in my own opinion, I think is a bit better. Both have great lines in it and both have action. I just like the medival one better.
    "If you think about it, Disneyland is just a people trap set by a mouse."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Last Saturday I unfortunately went to the Pirate Adventure Theatre. It was horrible, both the show and the food. I went because DIP Jr wanted to go and I happened to have a buy one get one free coupon. At $57 even this was not worth it.

Medieval Times is a much better show and the food is a little better. I would go with Medieval Times if I were you.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

I have not been to either as of yet. I have read and have done a bit of research on both shows. Especially the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament . If I was to select one to par take in,it would be the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, because I love horses, and have an interest in the Medieval age as well. The horses that are in the show, are Andalusian, the breed is from Spain. They are so beautiful! And all that take part in the show, are stallions. For whatever reason (s) apparently not a gelding to be seen. Anyway.... these horses are bred raised and trained on a beautiful horse farm called Chapel Creek Ranch, which is in Sanger Texas. When the horses are ready to become apart of these equestrian shows, they are then shipped to the various Medieval show locations. There are 9 throughout the United States and in Canada as well, exact locations one will find below.

http://www.medievaltimes.com/findcastles.php

Here you will find Medieval Times Home Page:

http://www.medievaltimes.com/index.php

As much as I like food, I do not personally care about the dinner portion of the show, I simply would love to visit the horses, and then see the show.

So does one love horses more or pirates? For me, it is hands down, horses!

Questions? Contact our National Contact Center at 1-866-543-9637
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I prefer Medieval Times to the Pirate show by a landslide. Better food, show and atmosphere.

• Goofy

I can't say much about pirates since I haven't seen that show. but medival is pretty amazing in show details itself and plus you get to see the horse.

• formerly Gravey80

The Pirates show was a cheesey show. Too much musical, cheesey sound effects on the fighting and what was with the love song? At one point, I thought it was a very bad knock off for a disney musical...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

yeah i've been to both as well and the Pirates show was vastly more cheesy, i would take Medieval Times over it anyday
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

I have done both! Personally, I'll have to agree with everyone here, Pirates was OKAY. I went for my birthday a few years ago. I cant recall anything about the food! Sorry not a help there! It's just a small place inside than Medival Times. The plus about Pirates is that it doesnt smell! (Some people hate the smell at Medival Times, which doesnt matter to me, whatever youre at show where theres real horses!!!) Some people didnt like that while eating at Medival Times.

Medival Times- The food is alright, its just chicken nothing HUGE, you eat with your fingers ONLY, and you drink your soup!

I personally loved the Medival Times SHOW. I love the atomsphere, and I love how they get the crowd going. I almost want to say Pirates would be more enjoyable for children?... (however I got into it a little and Ill admit I bought a Pirate hat while I was there!!!) Thats just my opinion though, everyone else may beg to differ. If I were going to do either one again, I'd do Medival Times. Let us know what you decide and take photos! Either way you'll have a great time if it's your 1st time!

• Minion

ugh... Here's clips from youtube.... Ummm yeah, after being reminded of the Pirates show, I think you all would enjoy Medival Times instead!!! I went to see Pirates about two, three years ago...

Heres the pirates:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFDeo76ooQ]YouTube - Pirates Dinner Adventure Promo-Buena Park,CA[/ame]

Medival Times- This guy is awesome, he did a great job at the show.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IT1cJSPD-8]YouTube - Sat 3/14 Medieval Times Buena Park - Seating Announcement[/ame]

youtube has tons of clips to check out

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post

So does one love horses more or pirates? For me, it is hands down, horses!

Questions? Contact our National Contact Center at 1-866-543-9637
    HANDS DOWN PIRATES Hence thats why Pirates is ONE OF FAV attractions at Disneyland.

• formerly Gravey80

I will admit one thing about the Pirate show...the night that I went (which happend to be an outing with work) we were with the RED Pirate, but a few of us wanted to go to the ORANGE Pirate. He was cute!!! Everything else was cheesy!

Thank you so much for all your comments, it made my decision very easy! My daughters love horses so that is an added bonus

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Good choice and enjoy!
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Still Dizzy

Try signing up for www.goldstar.com They always have REALLY cheap tickets for Medieval Times and Pirates. Their tickets run 20-30 instead of 38-55 that you'll pay at medieval. They usually have tickets about two weeks ahead.

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament | Goldstar

As to my choice, I'm going to have to go Medieval times, mainly cause I went so many times as a kid and LOVED it (I still have a soft spot for the green knight). I haven't gone to Pirates yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast