Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Decent Italian food near the parks?

I have a weekend trip to DL coming up, and I'd like to find a place that won't take too much driving to reach (though I will have access to a car). I live in a small town where the one Italian restaurant's food all tastes like it came from a Stouffer's box , and I'd like to get a decent meal while I'm out in the "big city".
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Shifting cargo

Re: Decent Italian food near the parks?

In Downtown Disney there's a really good Italian restaurant called Naples. I really liked the food there

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Bucca Di Beppo is pretty close too. It's really good and an interesting place to look around at too.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I didn't realize there was a place right in Downtown Disney! That should be an easy sell to the rest of my group, since we're staying on-property this time. Thank you!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Decent Italian food is hard to find in Anaheim. Sure, there are decent chain restaurants like Buca di Pepo and Macaroni Grill nearby, but there are many fine Italian restaurants a little farther out.

Suggestions are Nello's or Maggiano's in Costa Mesa in South Coast Plaza. In Newport Beach there is Alessa on PCH, Sapori on Bayside Dr., or Canalletto in Fashion Island.
    The above suggestions can be pricey though so for something a little less expensive but very good and homey I would suggest Nick's on Harbor Blvd in Costa Mesa, or Peppino's on Irvine Blvd in Irvine.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Bucca Di Beppo is pretty close too. It's really good and an interesting place to look around at too.
    Oh, that looks interesting. Options, yay!

Duckland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Decent Italian food is hard to find in Anaheim. Sure, there are decent chain restaurants like Buca di Pepo and Macaroni Grill nearby, but there are many fine Italian restaurants a little farther out.

Suggestions are Nello's or Maggiano's in Costa Mesa in South Coast Plaza. In Newport Beach there is Alessa on PCH, Sapori on Bayside Dr., or Canalletto in Fashion Island.
    The above suggestions can be pricey though so for something a little less expensive but very good and homey I would suggest Nick's on Harbor Blvd in Costa Mesa, or Peppino's on Irvine Blvd in Irvine.
    Wow, that's a list and a half! The problem is I have to get the rest of my group to cooperate, and the closer to the parks, the more likely I am to have success. I doubt I can talk them into a drive to Newport Beach just for dinner.

Duckland

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Bucca Di Beppo serves a lot of their food "family style" (i.e., big plates and bowls to pass around the table), and it's pretty pricey. I went to one once with one of my ex's and his family and the bill was over $100 if I remember correctly.

Macaroni Grill isn't bad. But if there's a Carrabba's nearby, I'd go with them. Excellent food and I've never had a bad meal at the one I frequent.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    Wow, that's a list and a half! The problem is I have to get the rest of my group to cooperate, and the closer to the parks, the more likely I am to have success. I doubt I can talk them into a drive to Newport Beach just for dinner.
    Well, I am of Italian descent so I am trying to direct you to only the best! Even Buca di Pepo can be a little bit too Stouffers-ish for me. But it is decent enough anyway.

Nick's is on Harbor and Wilson in Costa Mesa. Note that this is the same Harbor Blvd that Disneyland is on, except that it is 10 miles south. But it is easy to get to because you will be on the same street the whole way. So maybe that would be a good sell for your group.
    My favorite Italian place in all of OC, though, is definitely Nelo's in South Coast Plaza.

I'll give Nick's a shot, then; I can probably convince them to go ten miles down Harbor. Thanks!

Duckland

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    I'll give Nick's a shot, then; I can probably convince them to go ten miles down Harbor. Thanks!
    Cool stuff.

Here is the link to their website...
    Authentic Italian Pizza and Pasta at Nick's Pizza Ristorante Italiano in Costa Mesa, CA

I haven't been there since they remodeled. But my cousin goes there quite frequently and he says it is still just as good as when it was a little "hole in the wall".

• Disneyland History Lover

Buca di Beppo is one of my favorites. I've only been to the one in LA but there's locations in Irvine, Brea, Huntington Beach, and Garden Grove. It is a bit pricy but the quality of the food is excellent.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Buca di Beppo is great. But be forewarned, some of their *ahem* scenery isn't appropriate for the young'uns.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Haven't been there in a while but Marri's which is across Katella from Disneyland Hotel, at Walnut, used to be pretty good.
    Mike

• Dumptruck of Information

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Haven't been there in a while but Marri's which is across Katella from Disneyland Hotel, at Walnut, used to be pretty good.
    I've always heard good things about Marri's, but never eaten inside. I have only ordered pizza out from there, and they will deliver to hotels, FYI. Marri's is on the corner of Walnut and Katella, which is really close to the DLH hotels.

And they do have a sister restaurant in Downtown Anaheim called Bella Marri's (20 S Anaheim Blvd, on the corner of Lincoln Ave. and Anaheim Blvd), which has always been a treat to dine at the few times I've gone.

One more thing to note, if you want a real treat, check out Anaheim White House (887 S Anaheim Blvd). It's a little more upscale, but it's definitely unique.

Have a great trip out here, and enjoy the food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast