I wanted to give a quick review for our evening dinner at Catal Restaurant (upstairs) in downtown Disney.

This past Sunday, 7/16/09, was my wedding anniversary and we treated ourselves to a nice dinner at Catal Restaurant. I just want to say that the meal and restaurant were very enjoyable and we had a great time.

I had the duck which was cooked to perfection and my wife had the lamb which was extremely tender. The Lamb also had an interesting and tasty side dish of sweet corn and grain. The grain was not mush, but very crunchy. This side dish was very original and very tasty.

We also had a desert which they had written Happy Anniversary on the edge of the plates which was a nice extra touch. I had a chocolate bread pudding and my wife had a root beer cake with a rich frosting. I really enjoyed my dish, but my wife found the cake just a touch on the dry side.

The service was outstanding from everyone, but I would like to single out our waitress Nicole and the General Manager Albert who came around several times to make sure things were going well.

If you are looking for a bit more adventure in your food and can afford the higher price tag I would say that you should give Catal Restaurant a try.

On a side note I used open table website: OpenTable to make the reservations. It was very easy to use.