Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney & Anime Fan

Where to eat for dietary reasons?

My family is more of a burger and pizza crowd. Buffets are good only for breakfast.

my question, where would be good place to eat while in the park for family of 5, 2 adults, 3 kids.

Plus my daughter take medicine twice a day in morning and night, usually crushed in yogurt or ice cream so that would have to factor in on the locations to eat.

Cost is not an issue since I factored $200 a day on food, given they love to snack and it'll be hot in August so lots of drinks. We will be staying at DLH for the entire 6 days/5nights. We thought if we have a fridge we could get yogurt if available and put in fridge but I don't know what the stores on site carry. Thought of upgrading to concierge level but don't know what costs difference is and if it would help. We booked through our travel agency with the WD travel company, but have got all of our tickets and stuff and are ready to go.

Sorry, lengthy question if any had suggestions that would be great.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Where to eat for dietary reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeMomLeika View Post
    My family is more of a burger and pizza crowd. Buffets are good only for breakfast.

my question, where would be good place to eat while in the park for family of 5, 2 adults, 3 kids.

Plus my daughter take medicine twice a day in morning and night, usually crushed in yogurt or ice cream so that would have to factor in on the locations to eat.

Cost is not an issue since I factored $200 a day on food, given they love to snack and it'll be hot in August so lots of drinks. We will be staying at DLH for the entire 6 days/5nights. We thought if we have a fridge we could get yogurt if available and put in fridge but I don't know what the stores on site carry. Thought of upgrading to concierge level but don't know what costs difference is and if it would help. We booked through our travel agency with the WD travel company, but have got all of our tickets and stuff and are ready to go.

Sorry, lengthy question if any had suggestions that would be great.
    Burgers and pizza? There are five or six places to eat in DL alone.

Does it have to be yogurt or ice cream for the medication? There are stands (vending carts), but I'm not sure if any of them will be open in the morning. Someone here might be able to tell you where to find yogurt or ice cream for the hotel fridge. Harbor Blvd has convenience stores like 7-11.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disney & Anime Fan

Since we won't have a car and plan on staying at the DLR, I read that the hotel has a gift shop, I wonder if they carry small foods? Does anyone know? Last time I was there I don't remember, it was in 2002, so it's been a while.

I don't think the carts would work, since we would need like frozen yogurt or ice cream, but not on a stick, so that we can put he medicine in. And I looked at some restaurants and they say they have yogurt parfaits, but she hates fruit, she's very particular.

Normally at home we have yogurt or icecream or even pudding for her to eat with her medicines, she hates swallowing medicine whole since they are all large, and she takes 7 pills a day.

Our other option is to pack pudding in our luggage, and put it in fridge when we get into hotel, but wonder if it would survive checked baggage or if it would be allowed in check luggage.

I thought the little coffee shop at DLH had yogurt. That was a while back though.

You could take some non-refrigerated pudding with you. That would get you through the first day.

• Rock Star Minion

Since we won't have a car and plan on staying at the DLR, I read that the hotel has a gift shop, I wonder if they carry small foods? Does anyone know? Last time I was there I don't remember, it was in 2002, so it's been a while.

I don't think the carts would work, since we would need like frozen yogurt or ice cream, but not on a stick, so that we can put he medicine in. And I looked at some restaurants and they say they have yogurt parfaits, but she hates fruit, she's very particular.

Normally at home we have yogurt or icecream or even pudding for her to eat with her medicines, she hates swallowing medicine whole since they are all large, and she takes 7 pills a day.

Our other option is to pack pudding in our luggage, and put it in fridge when we get into hotel, but wonder if it would survive checked baggage or if it would be allowed in check luggage.
    Maybe you should leave her at home.

KIDDING!

You could pack pudding. Put them in Tupperware or some other hard plastic so they can't get crushed by other baggage. And yes, check that baggage in, as it won't likely make it through security. One serving might.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disney & Anime Fan

Thanks, I keep warning the girls whoever starts a fight between now and then will be staying with Grandma. I wouldn't do it but it sure quiets them down. Having 3 kid 6, 8, & 9 makes it interesting during summer breaks. My mom would wink at me and say, yes you could stay with grandpa and me and miss all the fun.

Thanks for the ideas, I will definite have to see if the pudding is small enough to at least travel with one since we have a 6am flight. I suggested traveling with some pudding and my husband was wincing, he remembers watching the guys throw the luggage around while getting it loaded. I told him what will most likely happen will a large heavy bag will end up crushing the bag with pudding everywhere. LOL

But while my kids are not worried, I'm a hover mom and are wondering just how much fun we are going to have going through security with 3 kidss. And meantime her doctor upped her medicine and now I have to travel with a warehouse size bottle of medicine.

I guess it'll all work out and we'll have a blast.

Regarding the medicine issue. You could call the airline and ask them their policy on the amount you are taking. You may also be able to request to be taken to a private screening area, so that you could have all of your medicine and even the pudding with you.

Do you have an account at a national drug store chain, such as Walgreens or CVS? You could take a day or two supply of medicine with you. Before you leave, order enough for your vacation, to be picked up at one of their locations in Anaheim. Just a thought, good luck!

• sleepy lagoon

I believe some of the food venues in the park offer a kids meal that comes with yogurt, goldfish crackers, string cheese, apples or something like that...? I feel like I have seen that option before but my kids always want the chicken...

• Disney & Anime Fan

Thank you everyone, I will take advantage of any kids meals with yogurt for her and will look to see if the shop carries yogurt and will try to bring pudding.

I just made plans for Plaza Inn with Minnie for breakfast on Aug 15th and Goofy's breakfast on Aug. 17th, so that will help. We hope we can squeeze into the Carnation Cafe with no reservations, and with luck we will be able to keep her and us happy. The kids are looking forward to getting photos and autographs. Me its two weeks before we leave and I am already tired. But I can't wait. Love Disney.

• Rock Star Minion

OT: Your avatar makes me miss Seattle. Just sayin.' That's a beautiful pic.

I was born there, but only lived about six years there. Extended family is there as well as a few SoCal friends.

And, yes, it will work out and it will be a blast, no matter what happens. How could it not? What could possibly go wrong??

• Disney & Anime Fan

Thanks, I took that shot of Mt. Rainer from the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle, Summer 2007. It was a nice summer, but this one is hot. Yesterday Seattle was 103 degrees.

We stayed one year at what was Magic Carpet, Magic Lamp hotel, now Anabella after renovating, and when we can back from park, walking, we got to our rooms and watched fireworks, and found out no hot water. None, so all 3 of us had to wait until morning. And to top it off no ice. Needless to say we are glad the were torn down and revamped, even with the low price of $39 a night back then, it was only a place to sleep and then back to the parks.

This time around with kids in tow, 1st time at DLH, so we hope for the best.
    Especially since DLH will be undergoing construction in August, but we will be in another tower. So it should be okay.

Its just two week away, I found out we had no transfer tickets, and had to return to travel agent, that would have been bad, since we prepaid.

Okay, have a great day, and thanks for giving me good info.

• Rock Star Minion

Thanks, I took that shot of Mt. Rainer from the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle, Summer 2007. It was a nice summer, but this one is hot. Yesterday Seattle was 103 degrees.
    Yikes. I think my mom is there now (55th HS reunion).

• MargyDisneylandLover

I live right outside of seattle like 20 mins and we hit 106 yesterday and 97 today....this stinks lets escape to Disneyland to cool off lol!!!!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• A Weather Eye Open

Inside the parks, there are several places to get Ice Cream, in a cone or in a dish. There's the 2 on Main Street (Gibson Girl and the window right across the street). The Golden Horseshoe has great sundaes, and I think there's a place in Toontown as well. There's also soft serve Dole Whip by the Tiki Room.
    I can't be as specific with DCA, but I know there's a place for milkshakes near A Bug's Land, and Burrrbank Ice Cream is near the entrance on the right.
    There's a Jamba Juice in Downtown Disney that has smoothies.
    Don't know if your kids like any kind of soup, but in both parks there's a few places for soup (Broccoli Cheddar, Gumbo, Clam Chowder, Chili) and that would be easy to mix meds into.

I have also seen some "snack packs" around for kids that include things like crackers, a fruit, and I think a yogurt. You will have to keep an eye out for them. I think sometimes they're at the fruit stands?

I agree with getting the kind of pudding that doesn't need to be refrigerated; it will be fine in a ziploc in your suitcase I'm sure, and you could use it at the hotel or carry a cup or two around with your for convenience.

I have never had breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace in Frontierland, but I've been told they have a full breakfast, and I would think that would include some kind of fruit and yogurt out on the salad bar. Can anyone say if they've got yogurt there?
    I know they have a fruit and yogurt parfait there during the day though!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast