Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Vasooki-land Owner

What are some good off-property places to eat within walking distance of the DLR?

My two friends just convinced me to tag along with a 3 day trip to DLR, and I don't want to have to pay for food at DL prices 3 days in a row. I know there is a McDonalds close, but is there something else, such as a El Pollo Loco, or Del Taco?

^I say this because none of us can drive, and we are going alone. xD
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• Rock Star Minion

Re: What are some good off-property places to eat within walking distance of the DLR?

Check out this thing called "The Internet." So cool! You can find where things are, just by asking it the right questions. And not just to a message board, btw.

El Pollo Loco: 110 West Ball Road. Looks like a mile or so north and east.
    Del Taco: 2330 S Harbor Blvd. About a mile south of DCA.
    Del Taco: 213 E Katella. About a half-mile east of DCA.

And I don't live anywhere near DL. I just looked them up.

When you get down there, take a walk. With your friends. In broad daylight. No more than a mile in any direction. You'll probably find 20 places that suit your tastes, BUT I recommend eating before you go to the park or after you're done. Too much time wasted away from the park otherwise. Get something small or lite, share with your friends, etc., one meal in the park. Or just a healthy snack.

Do not forget to enjoy yourself. There will be retribution if you don't enjoy yourself.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: What are some good off-property places to eat within walking distance of the DLR?

Don't forget Wetzle's Pretzels in DTD... pretty cheap but good food
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Do You know?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    This one might be the best bet if you don't have transportation.

You can even take the shuttle from Disneyland to the Gardenwalk and walk about a block down Katella.

Have a chicken soft taco for me.

On Harbor Blvd there is the Carousel Inn. They have a Quizno's sub shop there. There is also a 24 hour Subway at Katella & Harbor.
    Last edited by Disney1978; 08-03-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: reasons.

Mimi's, on Harbor, just east of the TL train station.

• Rock Star Minion

Yup, plenty of places to eat. Someone should blow up a Google map and note all the eateries in the area. I know there's one of these for the hotels/motels in the area.

And, of course, this thread belongs somewhere else.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Im the fun mommy :)

Check out this thing called "The Internet." So cool! You can find where things are, just by asking it the right questions. And not just to a message board, btw.

El Pollo Loco: 110 West Ball Road. Looks like a mile or so north and east.
    Del Taco: 2330 S Harbor Blvd. About a mile south of DCA.

And I don't live anywhere near DL. I just looked them up.

When you get down there, take a walk. With your friends. In broad daylight. No more than a mile in any direction. You'll probably find 20 places that suit your tastes, BUT I recommend eating before you go to the park or after you're done. Too much time wasted away from the park otherwise. Get something small or lite, share with your friends, etc., one meal in the park. Or just a healthy snack.

Do not forget to enjoy yourself. There will be retribution if you don't enjoy yourself.
    Yup, plenty of places to eat. Someone should blow up a Google map and note all the eateries in the area. I know there's one of these for the hotels/motels in the area.

And, of course, this thread belongs somewhere else.
    You know instead of being totally mean and condecending in these posts maybe you could leave the answers you do not want to give to someone else who has a better understanding of being "nice"
    If you do not want to answer this person, with out degrading him for not googling it, then please let us answer the questions so he does not feel like a heel for asking. I believe this is a board with people who love to help others in finding info.

Vasookie, here is a map of resturants that a wonderrful lady named barbaranne posted I hope you have a grand time and please come back and post a trip report
    just click on this map to make it big
    http://www.anaheim411.com/2008_mapFRONT_xl.jpg
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vasooki View Post
    My two friends just convinced me to tag along with a 3 day trip to DLR, and I don't want to have to pay for food at DL prices 3 days in a row. I know there is a McDonalds close, but is there something else, such as a El Pollo Loco, or Del Taco?

^I say this because none of us can drive, and we are going alone. xD
    Howdy Vasooki,

Please ignore the folks who never seem to have been taught any manners when they were younger. Their rudeness does not represent the bulk of the MiceChatters.

You are correct that there are several restaurants (fast food or otherwise) within walking distance of Disneyland.

McDonnalds is an option, as are Mimi's, and a couple other places on Harbor Blvd.

However, I'd recommend taking the slightly longer walk to the Anaheim Garden Walk (or take one of the resort area buses). The Garden Walk is filled with low cost restaurants.

Here's a list of the restaurants available: Restaurants at The Shops at Anaheim GardenWalk | Dining in Orange County

Hope this helps!

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Sock Puppet

Whatever you do, don't fall prey to Capt Kidd's on Harbor across the street from the Park!

You've been warned!!!

• =)

Can't get much closer than the IHOP on Harbor - it's literally right there if you walk out of the resort's east side (AKA away from the Downtown Disney). Cross Harbor, and you're there. I kinda like it, but it may not be your thing. If you're interested, though, this is the spot I'm talking about.

• Vasooki-land Owner

Hey, thanks for all the answers guys! Now all three of us can have something we like on the cheap.

Vasooki,
    Also, consider breakfast at the Tomorrowland Terrace inside DLR. For $7.00 you can get the Sunrise breakfast, including bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs and potatoes, plus your choice of drink. Very decent portions, too. If you're a light eater at breakfast consider splitting a plate with a friend. They also have other choices like a breakfast burrito.

Considering your average fast food breakfast is $5.00 -$6.00 per person with less food....DLR's breakfasts are a pretty good deal.

Bring a bottle of water with you, that will save you some serious bucks. I fill a liter bottle about halfway the night before and freeze it, then top it off in the morning. Nice ice cold water for as long as the ice lasts....you can always add more water at a drinking fountain.
    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
    Young at Heart"

• Vasooki-land Owner

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Whatever you do, don't fall prey to Capt Kidd's on Harbor across the street from the Park!

You've been warned!!!
    Your warning has been heeded. ;D

Almost forgot! The Jazz kitchen express in downtown disney. Decent food, decent portions and pretty reasonable prices. I always get the shrimp basket (shrimp and fries), but I think they also have sandwiches, fish and chips, and other options. Plus refillable drinks! Just down from the Monorail station, so quicker than going completely off property.
    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
    Young at Heart"

IHOP!

When my family comes to visit, usually they get a cheaper hotel just over on Harbor Blvd, and I usually join them in their multi day trip and stay at the hotel too.
    It's always great to both get breakfast in the morning at IHOP, then make the short trek over to Disneyland, ready for the day. And it's equally as great, after a long tiring day at Disneyland, to go for some late night pancakes or waffles at IHOP before hitting the hotel!
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast