Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue Bayou

• dL lover from hawaii

Re: Blue Bayou

We were there one night last month and had a fantastic time. Carlos, our server, was the best. Very informative and friendly. Two of us had the surf & turf, very delicious. They give you the option of trading out the turf for another lobster tail, which was doubly delicious. My daughter couldn't decide between the tesoro chicken and the jambalaya so after finally deciding on the chicken our waiter also brought her a bowl of jambalaya to try, which was very nice of him. Loved the mint juleps, too. The only thing I miss is the bountiful fireflies which used to be in abundance but now only a few are left over on the river. One comment is that DL NEEDS to take care of the sewage issue there, the bathrooms in the restaurant had such a heavy stench to them, very bad for business. Luckily, we could not smell it out in the dining area.

• Minion

We had a wonderful meal on Christmas Eve at lunchtime. Our server, Adam, was a really friendly and attentive waiter. We sat at a waterside table. The food was great. We were celebrating a special event and asked Adam if there was a bottle of Martinelli's apple cider around? He brought us one as well as two "celebrate" flutes. The cost was high, but worth it. It was a special time and worth every dollar.

• D23 Lover!

Does the Blue Bayou have benyas? My boyfriend and I are going tomorrow and we thought that benyas looked good in Princess and the Frog . If they don't, do any places in New Orleans Square sell them?

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

What is a benya?
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Minion

I'm sure Beignets is what the poster was talking about. And Cafe Orleans sells them. There is also a place in Downtown Disney. The Jazz Cafe.

The Blue Bayou is one of the things we splurge on when we're in Disneyland. If you love NOS and PoC like I do, its a truly wonderful experience. The food is fabulous, the service is very good, and nothing beats the ambience. Its lovely, indeed.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Blue Bayou has a decent menu and good food. Food is not generally a forte of Disneyland, usually overpiced and lackluster but Blue Bayou, though pricey, is good. The best feature here is the atmosphere and a table out on the veranda by the water is a must. Atmosphere is the biggest selling point here but you will have a good meal.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

uuugh you are paying for ambiance only. the past few times i've gone the food has been BAD BAD BAD. my boyfriend and i both got whatever type of steak they had and both got horribly sick from it. and the other times it was just not great food for what we paid. absolutely nothing special...just mediocre food to me. the time we got sick we also had a horrible server who had no idea what he was doing! i will not be going back for a long time. i love the idea of it but the BB and i have not been getting along. at all. i'll stick to cafe orleans where i still don't get very good service but i love their food. oh and the last time i went to the BB was 2009 valentine's day so maybe they've changed since then but i doubt it since i haven't had an amazing experience there for about 5 years.

flower gleam & glow...

• Greetings, Program!

Was taken there by my GF for my birthday at the beginning of the month. Never had a bad meal there and this one was the best so far. I had the legendary Monte Cristo, she had the salmon and both were absolutely delicious. The service was first-rate and our server was very accomodating. We've made another reservation for Feb 15th (14th was all booked up).

Can't wait.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

We went for my birthday on 1/18. Hubby had the ribs and I had the surf and turf. His was yuck and mine was great. Then we went for lunch on 1/21; I had the Monte Cristo and he had the steak. Both were good. The creme brulee I had for dessert was tres' yummy!

So that's a 4 out of 5, I guess...?

Tahuwai la a tahuwai wai la
    Ehu hene la a pili ko'o lua la
    Pututui lu a ite toe la
    Hanu lipo ita pa'alai

--- Hawai'ian War Chant

• My Own Oasis

The girlfriend and I plan on eating here for the first time during out trip, which we are shooting for this May. How far in advance should I make reservations?

I know Mice Chatters' reviews of the place have been a mixed bag, but it will not only be our first visit to the Blue Bayou but our first visit to Disneyland together so no doubt whatever the price/quality, dining there should make for a memorable moment.

I would shoot for a couple weeks before hand just to be sure.
    Matthew

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Russ usually gets the filet and loves it. I try different things. The jambalaya was good - not too spicy. Monte Cristo for lunch. Even tried the veggie thing with mushrooms and cous cous.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Greetings, Program!

Made another trip to this place to treat my GF for Valentine's Day (actually had to make it the 13th as the 14th was booked a month in advance) and we both decided to try something other than the Monte Cristo.

The service was exemplary. Some fleet-footed young man kept our glasses full with ninja-like ability, while our server was cheerful and very pleasant.

I had the salmon and she the jambalaya and the both of us were in absolute heaven. Every visit here is better than the previous. Perhaps one of these times we'll have enough room for a desert.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

I'm new to these boards, but not new to loving all things Disney. My wife and I must have eaten at BB 20 times in the past 20 years of marriage. (We hit Disneyland once a year, for multiple days of visit, and eat at the BB every time.)

A way to summarize everything here is this: the food at BB is amazing - compared to what else is available in the park. But it is just AVERAGE 'real world' restaurant food. You're paying for the air-conditioned night sky, the strung lanterns, the repeated strums of "O, Susannah!". You're paying to be one of those lucky people that you see eating while you ride PotC.

But, above all of this, what you are really paying for is to experience something Walt wanted himself - the whole point of New Orleans Square, as far as I can see it, was to bring some class and gentility to his Park - essentially to create a 'dream land' for the ADULTS to enjoy, like so many of the others are for the kids (or the kid in us). Look at the shops there - crystal, artwork, etc. There are no other New Orleans Squares, because Disney (corporate) does not "get" what Walt was after here - a clean, decent fantasy place for adults.

Going to the Blue Bayou is immersing yourself - for an hour - in that dream.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast