Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue Bayou

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Blue Bayou

I have made a priority seating for lunch at the Blue Bayou. Has anyone eaten here before and was it a good meal. Also anything off the menu you recommend?

• Minion

Re: Blue Bayou

I've been there once, I believe I had some sort of Roast Beef, I really enjoyed it. The atomsphere really makes it more enjoyable and romantic.

• Banned User

they indeed have great food. the lunch items I have ordered are the tesoro island chicken, the prime rib, and the filet. (all three are good, good, and good . each entree comes with your choice of wedge salad or gumbo (though I like both salads and soups, I am really not a salad fella when I go out to eat so I ask for the gumbo, which is always good.), dinner roll, I believe the drink is separate, but I might be wrong. its a little pricey, but the food like I said is great and the atmosphere, fun . in fact, its kinda funny, for the longest time untill my first time of eating at the blue bayou I thought the restaurant was just part of the pirates attraction and that the customers and the waiters/waitresses were a.a.'s

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^

The Wedge Salad is history.

It's a Chopped Salad now.

We enjoy about 6 to 8 meals at the BB per year.

We have only been disappointed once and they took care of the situation immediately and to our satisfaction.

Check out their dinner menu here:

Blue Bayou Dinner Menu -- Disneyland

For lunch, the Monte Cristo is yummy!

Pick out what YOU like and go for it!

You won't be disappointed!

If you are celebrating a special occassion, let your server know and you will be treated to a nice surprise!

Bon Apetite!

ate there only once for lunch. Had the short ribs, it was totally worth it and delicious. Had the gumbo for an appetizer, that was good too, but the portion was smaller than I thought it'd be. Have fun!

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Here's my 2 cents

I'm not a fan of the BB anymore, last meal we had was in May and was dissappointed. BTW stay away from the jambalaya, mine was all rice and no seafood. averaged $75pp...too expensive just for "atmosphere". Spend a bit more and you can have an EXCELLENT meal at the Napa Rose.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the BB anymore, last meal we had was in May and was dissappointed. BTW stay away from the jambalaya, mine was all rice and no seafood. averaged $75pp...too expensive just for "atmosphere". Spend a bit more and you can have an EXCELLENT meal at the Napa Rose.
    $75 PER PERSON?! What the eff did you order? LOL. My bill for two was no more than $45.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    $75 PER PERSON?! What the eff did you order? LOL. My bill for two was no more than $45.
    sorry s/b $55pp for the BB (including tip, that was not deserved) near $75pp for the Napa rose (incuding tip that was WELL deserved)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Doesn't get enough Disney

I had a really enjoyable experience this past Thursday at the BB when I took my dad out to dinner.

Our PS was for 5:20 pm, but we showed up at 5:00 and requested a waterside table. The hostess told us there 20-30 min wait, so we stuck it out, and were seated at 5:15, 5 min before our PS. We were about the third table in from the left side, not directly in the middle, but we could see the boats and loading area without being distracted by them.

I had the short ribs, my father had the Tesora Island Chicken, both were fabulous and delicious. The BB potatoes and veggies (white asparagas and brocolli) were very tasty. My dad thoroughly enjoyed the chopped salad, and my gumbo was very good (though the rice was still slightly crunchy). They give you a bowl of warm, very delicious dinner rolls, and to finish our meal off we had the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat.

The only disappointment I had all evening was the cookie boat no longer (or wasn't that evening) comes with the sugar mast/sail.

It came to just under $40 pp, plus a nice tip for our waiter, who was very attentive (although part of that was rushing us through to make room for more people/tables).

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• Johnny and Me!

We were there for my son's birthday. I don't know if it is always like this, but we had a waterside table and enjoyed interacting with the people on the POTC boats going by. I told one boatload that it was his b-day and the entire boat broke out in a chorus of "Happy Birthday"! It made his day!

The Napa Rose has awesome food but the BB is probably the coolest restaurant around bar none. decisions decisions
    Paid Disneyland Poster

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

If you can afford it, do it. The atmosphere is fabulous and you'll always remember it. The Monte Cristo is good, but only available at lunch. I usually get the Tesoro Island chicken, it's also good. The food isn't the best you'll ever have, but the atmosphere is and you'll still have a great time.
    Be sure and ask for a waterside table. They will tell you it's a long wait, but stick to it, the wait really is never as long as they say. :-)

• sleepy lagoon

We have eaten there lately for lunch and it was delicious!! I had the Monte Cristo sandwich with the potatoes (YUM!) and the chicken gumbo soup (also YUM!). I thought the food was awesome... but it IS pricey. Well, worth it though, for the ambiance and to celebrate special occasions.

i always get the roast beef and the kids like the chicken... its all good !!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDealer View Post
    The Napa Rose has awesome food but the BB is probably the coolest restaurant around bar none. decisions decisions
    The Bayou may have the coolest atmosphere of any restaurant in the resort. But comparing the food quality to the Napa Rose? Please. Not even close, hands down to the NR.

But again, as I've said, I have always found the Blue Bayou to be overrated.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast