• Laughing Place Finder

Great dining discount expires today!

THis isn't meant as a spam message and is intended for people like me who are always looking for savvy ways to save on vacation costs in and around DLR.

I ran across a great tip on dining discounts at mousesavers.com that expire today.

If you buy $25 gift certificates for different Anaheim eateries at restaurant.com you can use the promo code "Palate" to get an additional 70% off the already discounted gift certificates.

As an example I just bought two $25 gift certificates or discounted dining certificates. Their list price without the discount code is $10. With the code I bought them for $3.00 each.

So basically I was able to get two $25.00 discounts for the Sheraton Park Grill on Harbor south of Chapman for $3.00. Just go to restaurant dot com and search for restaurants within 5 miles of zip code 92802.

So to summarize further - $50 in dining discounts for only $6.00. That could be one of the best deals anywhere near the resort. You can buy online and print them out at home so there's no shipping involved.

You can use the discount code "Palate" through 8/24/09 but mousesavers dot com should have the straight dope on any other discounts.

The only "small-print" caveats for most restaurants there including the Sheraton Park Grill are listed as:

"Minimum purchase of $35. Dine in only. 18% gratuity added pre-discount. Dinner only. Not valid on holidays, specials, or promos. Present prior."

There are tons of restaurants listed there nationwide and the promo code is valid at all locations, not just in Anaheim.

Just to alleviate any confusion, the special discount code expires today but any discount dining certificates you purchase appear to be valid for one year from the date of purchase. It's a steal of a deal.
    Last edited by Darth Mickey; 08-24-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.