Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ariel's Grotto or Blue Bayou?

I ate at the Blue Bayou 3 weeks ago and I'm going back in a week. I preferred the food there than at Ariel's Grotto. The Short Ribs were to die for! If you are looking for something quiet than go to the Blue Bayou.

• Wishing upon a star....

Thanks for all the great input!

My friend decided to be a princess and do the Grotto for her birthday in two weeks.

But my husband and I just decided squeeze in a trip for my birthday in 7 weeks, so I will be celebrating my birthday at Blue Bayou.

I appreciate all the head's up on what to order at both places.

• Making my own Mousekteers

Great!!! Let us know what you think.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• Katella

Bayou is delicious! Ariel's Grotto, while adorable and well themed, had pretty boring food imho.

DLR/DCA: 7x 1999,2003,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012
    WDW: 1x 2009
    Tall Ship Sailor: ​Lady Washington 2011

• Laughing Place Finder

I think part of it depends on how much of a picky eater you are and whether you want a character experience where the food is average or a delicious dinner in a very special environment.

For a dining experience I greatly prefer the menu at Blue Bayou to Ariel's Grotto. If meeting the princesses are the priority then I go to Ariel's Grotto.

Ariel's Grotto is a really great place to meet and greet the princesses. From a time = money standpoint it's pretty much a no brainer if you have kids dying to meet the princesses in your group. There's no other way to meet most of the princesses in one day in such a short amount of time.

I personally find the line at Princess Fantasy Faire to be the eighth circle of hell so Ariel's Grotto is wonderful when I want to get my daughter to meet the princesses. The two biggest downsides to Ariel's Grotto are that it can be very crowded & noisy and the menu just doesn't have much that tempts me.

Blue Bayou has a great menu and it always feels great to have a good meal in a fun and unique atmosphere as boat after boat of envious park guests float by.

That's my two cents. I hope it helps. Happy dining!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Wishing upon a star....

I am excited to go to Blue Bayou for my birthday in November. I did not love it when we went a few years ago but I have an open mind and am willing to give it another chance.

We went to Ariel's Grotto for the first time on Friday for my friend's birthday. We had a blast. I was worried that the princesses stopping by our table may be too distracting but it was a lot of fun.

My steak was so yummy and I really liked the grilled veggies that came with it. I liked the bread and the dipping sauces. I was not too impressed with the rest of the appetizers or the dessert tray (nothing besides the fruit really appealed to me) but the rest of my table loved it all. I thought my steak and veggies were worth the price (on a sliding Disneyland scale, not a real world scale) and I would go back again. Lots of fun was had by our whole group.

• hi!

Ariel's Grotto has a full bar. that is all.
    -plagued

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12