Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wishing upon a star....

Ariel's Grotto or Blue Bayou?

My friend's birthday is during our upcoming October trip. Last time we went to the Blue Bayou the food was only "ok" so I thought since we tease her that she is our princess, we would have her birthday dinner at Ariel's Grotto. But I have never been there before. Is the food good? Or should we go with Blue Bayou where at least the atmosphere is cool?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Ariel's Grotto or Blue Bayou?

Blue Bayou.

Disneyland and good food are not two terms that go together. So you might as well just go there for the atmosphere.

I really like the food at Ariel's Grotto. In fact my husband really wants to go there again for the tri-tip. Ariel's Grotto serves appetizers and a dessert tray that you share with your entire party. We had 7 people so we got two trays of both. Then you also get bread. The menu has choices but most of us had the tri-tip, I don't remember anything else. The kids menu had some cute choices too. Also you can have alcholic beverage with your meal which is nice.

Blue Bayou is good. We have eaten there before but I loved the food at Ariel's Grotto. The bonus for us is the kids get to see the princesses. The only negative (which isn't too bad) is it can be loud and very distracting eating with the princesses constantly coming to the table. But they serve you first and you have a decent time to eat before they show up. (only my four year could not focus on eating) Price wise for 7 people with the drinks was close to $200. We had a lot of fun.

• Making my own Mousekteers

I actually prefer the food at Café Orleans to that in the Blue Bayou but the atmosphere at the Blue Bayou is untouchable. I haven't eaten at Ariel's Grotto since the new menu but the food used to be good and it's definitely the best of the character meet and greets. It just depends on what she'd enjoy more. By the way, the Monte Cristo is the best food in the WORLD!!

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Blue Bayou. The food isn't great, but the atmosphere is. And it's not filled with over-excited shrieking little girls and flash photos.

Just sayin'. :-)

We ate at Ariels Grotto for the first time on my birthday this past Thursday. Food was good plus they sell alchohol there too. Plus I'm a sucker for Ariel too!

•   
    • Minion

We really like the food at Ariel's, something I never thought I would say about a restaurant at DLR, the Santa Maria Tri-Tip is fork tender and wonderful.

Although they don’t go out of their way to advertise it, if you want more of anything they will gladly bring it to you.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Race Car Driver

How long is the time spent having dinner at blue bayou?
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    We really like the food at Ariel's, something I never thought I would say about a restaurant at DLR, the Santa Maria Tri-Tip is fork tender and wonderful.

Although they don’t go out of their way to advertise it, if you want more of anything they will gladly bring it to you.
    Really? More of absolutely anything like entrees and desserts?

• Eu gosto de ir a Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf75 View Post
    My friend's birthday is during our upcoming October trip. Last time we went to the Blue Bayou the food was only "ok" so I thought since we tease her that she is our princess, we would have her birthday dinner at Ariel's Grotto. But I have never been there before. Is the food good? Or should we go with Blue Bayou where at least the atmosphere is cool?
    if blue bayou was just ok than i would take her some where new. ariel grottos seems to always have people there. never had their food though

• Making my own Mousekteers

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    How long is the time spent having dinner at blue bayou?
    Usually about an hour. It's much faster than a dinner at the Grotto becuase you don't have to wait through the characters coming to the table. They usually have fantastic service at the Bayou.
    Last edited by Queentitania19; 09-24-2009 at 01:25 PM.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Really? More of absolutely anything like entrees and desserts?
    I have boys, they've never been turned down. I've asked for more of the fresh berries and they were served with a smile.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    Usually about an hour. It's much faster than a dinner at the Grotto becuase you don't have to waith through the characters coming to the table. They usually have fantastic service at the Bayou.
    great we will have my husbands birthday dinner there and i want to make sure we can watch fire works after....
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Kay <3 Buzz

I've been in both places, i think BB's atmosphere is really cool while AG has good food presentations.

Food wise...i say both is average.

I suggest go somewhere new like Wine Country Trattoria at the Golden Vine Winery at DCA or go to DownTown Disney they have cool restaurants there 2
    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!

I would stick with BB if you didn't want to have your meal interupted with visiting princesses during the course of your meal. Yes, the food there is can be so-so, but for the atomsphere, you can't beat BB. We've been there about 5 times in as many years, but it was only the last time we went and split the surf and turf (filet mignon and lobster) and we were really happy with our meal. On the plus side we both had room for dessert, which we never did before! Mmmmm.... Creme Brulee trio.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast