Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Horrible! Horrible! Downtown Disney....

Hey everyone, so last night a friend and I went to Downtown Disney to have dinner. We normally have dinner at one my favorite places Rainforest Cafe (YUM, I love their delicious Chicken Fried Steak!!!! It's like... Well nevermind that I wouldnt know!) Anyway I decided to change it up a little and we went to Tortilla Joe's. Horrible! Horrible food! The Guacamole had no flavor what so ever, it needed WAY more spices! The chips were stayel, the salsa had some weird taste to it.. YUCK! When dinner came around I had my shrimp tacos with beans & rice... Shrimp was the only good thing on that plate! I guess I was expecting real Mexican food, and I was extremely disappointed. My friend ordered a Tamale with rice and they weren't too fond of the food either!

And for dessert.... My Bavarian Cream filled Churro did it all for me!!!! Never lets me down, never....

With that said, has anyone else been to Tortilla Joe's? Did I just happen to order the wrong food off the menu?

Also has anyone ever been to the Pizza place in Downtown Disney? I may be trying that place next!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Horrible! Horrible! Downtown Disney....

Tortilla Joes is bad but I'm not fond of Rainforest Cafe either. Maybe I just have tastebuds and I'm picky that way.

HAVE to agree with you on Rainforest Cafe. The food is delicious, service was good for the most part, and the environment is different but cool at the same time. Although I can do without the ravaging monkeys and gorillas RIGHT next to me while I'm eating my calimari, but oh well.

The only two spots I go to eat at DD are ESPN Zone and Rainforest, so I can't help you on Tortilla Joe's, although from what I've heard from family (were mexican ourselves), the food is NOT good at all, and is a terrible attempt at mexican food. But this is coming from people that make homemade tortilla's, menudo, and eats mexican food fairly often.

• Minion

I didnt like Tortilla Joes and thought it was expensive for cheap hispanic food. rather eat the tortillas they make in the tortilla factory then at Joes again. Just not good food. Agree with you. I had the Fajita Burrito and it was so blan in flavor and had no real taste i need the hot sauce on the table to provide some flavor.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Banned User

It's not just you. We ate there with a large group last year, I think 10 or 12 people. The food was boring and bland, and the waiter was rude. I have worked in restaurants and been a server, so I know that large parties are a hassle, but this guy was beyond bad, Too bad the gratuity was included because we were such a large party, otherwise he might not have gotten a tip.

• Brand new CM!

Well i guess i may not eat at Tortilla Joes, i had always been curious too! Whenever i have enough money i go to the Jazz Kitchen when the band is playing. I just love it there!
    I Donald Duck!

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Tortilla Joes is bad but I'm not fond of Rainforest Cafe either. Maybe I just have tastebuds and I'm picky that way.
    Well I would certainly hope that you have tastebuds!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

I've never been to Tortilla Joe's.. now I dont' think I ever will.. hee hee..

At Downtown Disney.. you usually find me eating at Jazz Kitchen (the restaurant AND the express one), ESPN Zone, and Rain Forest. All those are great places to eat.

ESPN Zone is fun cuz they have that arcade up top.. and they have a really great chocolate dessert.. I forgot what its called..

Rainforest has a great dessert.. that volcano thingy.. AWESOME!!

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• Shifting cargo

Naples is a good restaurant as well btw.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett_3184 View Post
    Well i guess i may not eat at Tortilla Joes, i had always been curious too! Whenever i have enough money i go to the Jazz Kitchen when the band is playing. I just love it there!
    Good idea. Go elsewhere, Tortilla Joes is bland, expensive and a sad joke considering all the good Mexican food we have here in Southern California.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bayougirl89 View Post
    It's not just you. We ate there with a large group last year, I think 10 or 12 people. The food was boring and bland, and the waiter was rude. I have worked in restaurants and been a server, so I know that large parties are a hassle, but this guy was beyond bad, Too bad the gratuity was included because we were such a large party, otherwise he might not have gotten a tip.
    Same thing large group about 14 people and we waited patiently but the waiter was just terrible. I know how hard it is to wait on large parties but as a waiter you still have to provide service even if tip is included. Personally when i was a waiter i would work hard on parties and not include a tip to see just how good i was...(oh and im good ). The guy was never around they werent even busy and i felt bad for the bus boy because he did all the work while the server just asked how the food was and collected the bill. Bad Service, eat at the Cafe or Jazz Kitchen.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• The line's too long...

Never ate at Tortilla Joe's and now I certainly won't... thanks everyone...

• Lightspeed to Endor!

I agree with you 100% on Tortilla Joe's. The only good thing was the service, and the Mojitos. Everything else was less tasty than what you could've gotten for about 20 cheaper at Taco Bell.

"Star Tours? What are you doing here? This is a combat zone. It is restricted. Ease off on your main thruster."

• no flash photography...

I have never eaten at Tortilla Joes because of all the bad reviews.

• Minion

I don't think I've ever been crazy about TJ's service, but the fish tacos were REAL good, and I'm not much of a fish eater.
    I want my cake back!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast