Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Save money: eat cheap & better food off Disney property

One of my favorite stops on the way into the park is the Costco at Harbor & Orangethorpe in Fullerton. The food court is on the outside of the building so I don't think you even have to be a member to eat there. ( they've never asked to see my card ) They have a great hot dog & drink combo for like a buck-fifty. You're not going to beat that anywhere. They also have pizza for $2 for 2 slices, chicken bakes and turkey wraps & a caesar salad frozen yogurt & ice cream.

There is an In-N-Out in the same shopping center and the character warehouse of discounted Disney stuff is just on the other side of Orangethorpe.

I go to the park via the 57 fwy and Ball ave. so there are lots of fast food places along the way. Carls jr on State College just north of Ball is another regular stop. There's also another McDonalds on Ball before you get to Harbor, it seems less crowded and cheaper than the one on Harbor.

If you're interested in some other restaurant or fast food place just go to their website and check out their location finder. Enter 1313 Harbor blvd Anaheim as your start address and you're all set. The ZIP is 92803 if the site gets picky. Denny's and Hometown Buffet both have locations not far from DL.

It's definitely worth the drive for some decent food.

• New Member/Past Visitor

Costco is not far away and is great for a large family like mine. Cheapest pizza I know of.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You don't need to be a member of Costco to eat there. I work in the Irvine Spectrum and the Costco there is just down the street. And their food stand is in the inside of it. Many of my coworkers who aren't members go inside just for lunch. And they let them do it without proof of membership. I think they just tell the person at the door - if they happen to ask.

IHOP anyone?

• I Miss Carnation Plaza

Portillo's Hot Dogs
    8390 La Palma Ave
    Buena Park, CA 90620-3208

For those of us coming from the north, it's a very easy detour off the 91 east bound just before coming to the I-5. Just get off Beach Blvd, turn left on La Palma, stop in at Portillos (or do drive through), then continue along La Palma until you hit Magnolia and turn north to get on the I-5 and continue on your way to Disneyland Drive.

I personally like the Chopped Salad. It's got a nice mix of salad greens, bacon, chicken, blue cheese, macaroni, and comes with a lemon poppyseed muffin which isn't too sweet. It's a classic Chicago hotdog place and it's great for kids.

The traditional hot dog is good if you like it, but I personally substitute the raw onions with grilled onions.

• Grass Janitor Deluxe

MUCH better and cheaper than Redd Rockett's (although not as cheap as Costco)- Marri's Pizza, on Katella, kiddy-corner to DCA. For less than 30 bucks get a real pizza, and a couple of salads for the adults. Great atmosphere and people, too. Never, ever miss it on our trips.

Looking at a Yahoo local search of the zip code 92802 really shows a nice amount of fast food options within walking distance to DisneyLand.

Subway 1770 S Harbor Blvd

Quiznos 631 W Katella Ave

McDonalds 1500 S Harbor Blvd

Mimi's cafe- 1400 S Harbor Blvd

• Ready for takeoff

How far away is the closest In-N-Out? A double-double and Disneyland on the same day? That would be outstanding.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Mimi's is great, but we have some unlucky expericances there last week

Millies Bakery is typical, Dennys style place right next to Mimi's, but is good for a cheap breakfest at any time of the day

Mcdonalds is good for a quick bite and for added savings offers 15% your order if you present the coupon that is at the HOJO lobby.

Other than that we dinned on food bought from the Food 4 Less on Kattela...boy am I sick of ham samwiches though.

• Minion

You'll never see prices on ready-to-eat food lower than the Costco food court, at any other place that is open to the public anyway. At the Costco here it's $1.99 for a slice of pizza but it's a huge slice. Full 18-inch pizza $9.99. Turkey wrap sandwich $3.99, and it's got a lot of meat and cheese. Chicken bake hot sandwich $2.99, Caesar salad with chicken, $3.79, Frozen yogurt $1.35, Berry smoothie (excellent flavor) $1.45, Latte freeze or Mocha Freeze $1.45, Empty cup to fill up with soda as many times as you want, 59 cents. (How much do they want for that privilege in Disneyland?) Hot dog or Polish sausage, with a cup for unlimited soda, $1.50. All of these plus tax, but still way below average retail hot ready-to-go prices. The churro is $1 and inside Disneyland they are $3, and someone posted in another thread that they are supplied by the same company! Although the one at Costco is twisted. And it is official, a Costco membership is not required to purchase food at their food court.

• It's all about Theme!

This one seems to be forgotton:

Dennys on Harbor Blvd. is another great spot for families looking for an inexpensive meal, an hour can get you in and back to the parks!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    You'll never see prices on ready-to-eat food lower than the Costco food court, at any other place that is open to the public anyway. At the Costco here it's $1.99 for a slice of pizza but it's a huge slice. Full 18-inch pizza $9.99. Turkey wrap sandwich $3.99, and it's got a lot of meat and cheese. Chicken bake hot sandwich $2.99, Caesar salad with chicken, $3.79, Frozen yogurt $1.35, Berry smoothie (excellent flavor) $1.45, Latte freeze or Mocha Freeze $1.45, Empty cup to fill up with soda as many times as you want, 59 cents. (How much do they want for that privilege in Disneyland?) Hot dog or Polish sausage, with a cup for unlimited soda, $1.50. All of these plus tax, but still way below average retail hot ready-to-go prices. The churro is $1 and inside Disneyland they are $3, and someone posted in another thread that they are supplied by the same company! Although the one at Costco is twisted. And it is official, a Costco membership is not required to purchase food at their food court.

I have just recently found the greatness that is the Costco food-court. While the Canadian version is lacking in the Churro depatment, it has a great Poutine that could feed a whole family.

• Minion

I had never heard of Poutine before this moment. Sounds good, but it also sounds like it could be another heart-attack-on-a-plate dish. Saturated fat, more fat, and more fat. I love cheese curds though.

Costco also used to sell soft pretzels at the food court, but discontinued them when they realized they were selling many more churros than pretzels. Too bad because I like pretzels a lot more.

I've never thought that the generic fast food at Disneyland was that great. But, hearing people mention Taco Bell and Del Taco as GREAT alternatives really raises eyes for me. Those places barely serve edible food. The only reason to eat there is because they are cheap and they are cheap for a pretty obvious reason. They serve disgusting food alternatives! Look at the ingredients, not much FOOD in there!

Just more reason to believe people criticize Disneyland just for the hell of it. Del Taco, Taco Bell can barely be classified as food. Also, Denny's? You may as well just shove crisco down your kids mouth.

• Minion

Ha ha! You said exactly what I was thinking but I didn't want to make waves.
    The fact that people are willing to leave the Disneyland premises to go to Taco Bell, Del Taco or Denny's speaks volumes about the quality of the food within Disneyland.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast