Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Save money: eat cheap & better food off Disney property

Since the food at disneyland is getting more expensive and worse tasting it is time to once again compile a list of cheaper and better food options available a short walk from DL.

Please post your off property food ideas here!

Fast food included (since sadly I would say most fast food is better then a great majority of dl eateries)

UPDATING IDEAS TO FIRST POST:
    taken from posts; here are some of the suggestions

"Los Sanchez for dinner. It's at Garden Grove and West. Fantastic Mexican food for less than DL"-JustJohn

Mimi's cafe: tasty breakfasts, lunches and dinners on Harbor blvd Cross Streets: 1400 S Harbor Blvd, Near the intersection of S Harbor Blvd and S Manchester Ave- H/T Bob Weaver.
    (from looking at a satellite map it seems like Mimi's is directly across the street from the Autopia)

"Del Taco is off Manchester/Katella" -Koutesu

"Looking to feed a family? KFC is on Ball just to the west of Anaheim Blvd" -Koutesu

"If you're looking for In-n-Out, take Ball Rd west to Brookhurst and turn right (northbound) and it's at the next light." -Koutesu

Mcdonalds- right across the street from main shuttle drop off area! 1500 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA

Taco Bell." There are two in the area, one at the intersection of Ball and Harbor, and another that's West on Katella, a couple streets past 9th. It's so nice to get a three-taco-meal for $3-$4" -AcmePunched

"El Pollo Loco: 110 W Ball Rd.
    1/4 chicken with beans and rice, extra tortillas, is enough for two meals less than 8 dollars." -Jazziered

Coco's "Just down on West and Katella is which is even cheaper but still a couple of notches above fast food. It's a walk, but at least you'll be walking off your meal." 1100 W Katella Ave- Ortizmo2000

IHOP 1560 S Harbor Blvd,
    Last edited by CAspace; 09-22-2009 at 12:11 PM.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: Save money: eat cheap & better food off Disney property

Not walking distance, but we usually do Los Sanchez for dinner. It's at Garden Grove and West. Fantastic Mexican food for less than DL.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Minion

Mimi's Cafe on Harbor has great food for a chain restaurant, I think. French Onion Soup is great, salads great, and the buttermilk spice muffin alone is worth going there for. They used to have a bananas foster cheesecake which was delicious - not sure if they have that any more but also the bread pudding is good.

• Banned User

Garden Walk has a few places that are pretty good, probably on par with what's inside the park as far as price goes, though.

• Future Animator

My friend and I usually just go to Taco Bell. There are two in the area, actually - one at the intersection of Ball and Harbor, and another that's West on Katella, a couple streets past 9th.

It's so nice to get a three-taco-meal for $3-$4 when you know people in the park are paying at least $7-$9 for their lunch.

kind of depends where you are staying but last winter we stayed at the Embassy Suites, great free breakfast...good way to start the day with a quality free meal.

• Greetings, Program!

A couple of DD's many restaurants have great food, maybe not exactly cheap, but tasty nontheless. You truly get what you pay for. ESPN is probably the most inexpensive of the bunch.

Just down on West and Katella is Coco's which is even cheaper but still a couple of notches above fast food. It's a walk, but at least you'll be walking off your meal. Nice wide menu and breakfast anytime.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Minion

PBJ sandwichs and fruit snacks in my backpack ! Or McDonalds right outside the gate for a quick burger.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Koubu Pilot

Del Taco is off Manchester/Katella. We would go there on our last trip since they were close to our hotel (Peacock), open late, and cheap.

Looking to feed a family? KFC is on Ball just to the west of Anaheim Blvd.

If you're looking for In-n-Out, take Ball Rd west to Brookhurst and turn right (northbound) and it's at the next light.

Also on our last trip, we needed to extend our stay one night and couldn't do that with Peacock (I think Shell Vacations is a waste of money). We extended our stay one night at Best Western Cypress, which is off Katella and Knott Ave. $38 for a night during the summer season in July was a steal and we stayed there the year before. They have a good continental breakfast. Aside from your usual breads/pastries/cold cereal, they also have eggs, breakfast meat (either bacon, sausage, or ham), and yogurt. Great breakfast there. It's a little drive to the park, but it's not very far. Plus, Ball and Knott Ave, there is a pretty good mexican food restaurant that's inexpensive and you get full.

Fantastic information so far!! Now I do not have to be suckered into paying for expensive bad food!!!!

• The line's too long...

I usually don't like bland chain restaurants, but Mimi's is a cut above the rest.

El Pollo Loco: 110 W Ball Rd.

This is my favorite... So yummy... I get the 1/4 chicken with beans and rice, extra tortillas, and it is enough for two meals for me.. And it is less than 8 dollars..

Fantastic! Keep 'em coming. Perhaps you know of a good vegetarian food place or a special little coffee shop near the park as well. I am updating all the entries to the first post (for as long as I am still able to edit it at least )

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    PBJ sandwichs and fruit snacks in my backpack !
    Yep, that's what we do. We stock up at the grocery store a couple miles away (near the
    Taco Bell) and spend 13 bucks on a cab back to the hotel with a few bags of groceries - lasts us all week long for lunch and snacks.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

When we went for my birthday in June, we ate at the ESPN zone twice one because to us the food was great, im a steak and potato guy my girlfriend likes all kinds of weird stuff though and they had plenty to keep her happy, plus whats better than a couple drinks and bunch of games to keep you busy while you wait to eat or be seated. And two the walk is not bad and theres a monorail station pretty close although when we ate both times the monorail was down, still never rode that thing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast