Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Question about Club 33 entry..

Sediment doesn't waste a nickel. He probably logs in from the library!

Actually, I thought he was a little harsh with that "feed a thousand people" instead comment. I mean, how do you know the OP doesn't do that, too?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Sediment doesn't waste a nickel. He probably logs in from the library!

Actually, I thought he was a little harsh with that "feed a thousand people" instead comment. I mean, how do you know the OP doesn't do that, too?
    I just wanted to make sure that the OP has cured cancer, fed starving africans AND put water in the dog's dish before considering a Club33 membership.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    OK, I will admit that I have always, always wanted to dine at Club33 (like everyone else here, I'd imagine) I know what it costs and what it entails and that is why most likely I will never actually get inside.
    But I do want to say that I think sediment is out of line here. (nothing personal, I respect you and enjoy your posts)
    Just a little out of line. (I do sometimes need to be chided, so thank you.)
    And I apologize for getting some facts incorrect.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I went to Club 33 for the first time this year. While I really did enjoy it, I couldn't imagine paying for my own membership - muchless joining and going for a year and then cancelling.

• Rock Star Minion

Mooching is much better!
    (Someday I'll succeed at this.)

• Nerd

Sometimes you can buy an evening at Club 33 at charity auctions. Not a bad way to go. the money you spend goes to a good cause, and the member donates an entry into the club.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Sometimes you can buy an evening at Club 33 at charity auctions. Not a bad way to go. the money you spend goes to a good cause, and the member donates an entry into the club.

You certainly used to be able to buy your way in that way, but I've heard that that "loophole" was closed.

Sadly, the "winners" of the charity auctions quickly found out about a "backdoor" into the Club and once they were inside, tom foolery took place and adherence to the Club rules went out the window.

The brakes were put on the auctions...

Hopefully, they will resume them because, as you said, they can be for a good cause.

Yes, it does only take a few bad apples to spoil the whole bunch...

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    You certainly used to be able to buy your way in that way, but I've heard that that "loophole" was closed.

Sadly, the "winners" of the charity auctions quickly found out about a "backdoor" into the Club and once they were inside, tom foolery took place and adherence to the Club rules went out the window.

The brakes were put on the auctions...

Hopefully, they will resume them because, as you said, they can be for a good cause.

Yes, it does only take a few bad apples to spoil the whole bunch...
    Here's the thing. There really is no way they know who you are when you go to Club 33. Many memberships are owned by business' and with the intention to send clients to the Club as a perk,just like owning a suite at a baseball or football stadium. the member does not have to be present. You pick up your tickets at guest services (with your ID) and you show up at the magic door a little before its time to go in. There isn't any room to wait or hang around so they make you wait outside until its time...then dinner is served. I don't recall actually verifying who I was other than at guest services.

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^

You're preaching to the choir of 13 years now.

The Club might not know the individual, but they more than likely can find out who the member was that offered up the "prize" in the first place.

If the Club finds out about an auction or other "event" that is offering up a meal and it was not an "authorized" transaction, they can (and have) denied entry to the "winner" (if they know who it is) and will even persue termination of the scofflaws' ("donators") membership.

That was the "loophole" that I was referring to...

And the "authorized" events are now being highly scrutinized, if even allowed at all.

• Nerd

^^^^^^

You're preaching to the choir of 13 years now.

The Club might not know the individual, but they more than likely can find out who the member was that offered up the "prize" in the first place.

If the Club finds out about an auction or other "event" that is offering up a meal and it was not an "authorized" transaction, they can (and have) denied entry to the "winner" (if they know who it is) and will even persue termination of the scofflaws' ("donators") membership.

That was the "loophole" that I was referring to...

And the "authorized" events are now being highly scrutinized, if even allowed at all.
    Sooo. if we have a little auction at say a local unknow school, and someone donates $$$ to the school and the "scofflaw" calls in a reservation under the $$$ donator's name...how exactly would anyone at Club 33 or Disney etc have any idea at all??? I know Disney security can be pretty tight but really? Man, I wondered what that plastic parrot was doing hiding under that church pew.

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^^

Can it still (successfully) happen?, Sure!

In your example, a "low profile" donation would probably fly under the Clubs' radar.

But if a loser of the auction or a disgruntled observer hears the donators name (as is usually the case, in order to give credit where credit is due) they could report them to the Club. It would be up to the Club mgmt if they wanted to follow up with that information.

Some folks have been very vocal lately at the Club when it comes to non-members "buying" their way in...

Personally, once inside, as long as everyone follows the Club rules, I don't care who enjoys the place.

In fact, I'd like to see some of the "stuffed shirts" replaced with some new blood!

• Banned User

Oh, BTW, the Lobster Buffet (as we call it) is to kill for!!!

Good luck on your membership!
    YUMMM! I love it too! (I am fortunate that my company has a membership, and, I can take advantage of it.)

• Nerd

^^^^^^^

Can it still (successfully) happen?, Sure!

In your example, a "low profile" donation would probably fly under the Clubs' radar.

But if a loser of the auction or a disgruntled observer hears the donators name (as is usually the case, in order to give credit where credit is due) they could report them to the Club. It would be up to the Club mgmt if they wanted to follow up with that information.

Some folks have been very vocal lately at the Club when it comes to non-members "buying" their way in...

Personally, once inside, as long as everyone follows the Club rules, I don't care who enjoys the place.

In fact, I'd like to see some of the "stuffed shirts" replaced with some new blood!
    do you work there? are you one of the management? by the way, I don't know nuthin' bout nuthin'...never even heard of this here Club 33

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    do you work there? are you one of the management?

by the way, I don't know nuthin' bout nuthin'...never even heard of this here Club 33

Nope, neither!

You remind me of the late, great, Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Hero's!

In his infamous German accent, "I know nuuu-thing!!!!"...

• Nerd

Nope, neither!

You remind me of the late, great, Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Hero's!

In his infamous German accent, "I know nuuu-thing!!!!"...
    "YA -VULLE" I used to watch that show every day after school. (shoulda been doing homework)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast