Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Tech in Training

Re: Question about Club 33 entry..

I really hope I'll eventually get to eat there. Last time I visited, I just sat outside the door for about a half hour just thinking about ever getting inside. I guess I've got a lot of time ahead of me, so hopefully I'll eventually be able to.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by thermo648 View Post
    I really hope I'll eventually get to eat there. Last time I visited, I just sat outside the door for about a half hour just thinking about ever getting inside. I guess I've got a lot of time ahead of me, so hopefully I'll eventually be able to.
    I never dreamed I'd be able to go, and, I finally was able to dine there. You will be too someday.

I was lucky enough to be referred to someone who was a member and each July when I travel to the US I arrange for a party of my US friends to come with me to the Club for lunch. It is very nice inside but you do pay for the privilege. Dinner is more formal and more expensive but certainly the food is always excellent. So far I have managed to get over 30 of my friends in over the years and all have really enjoyed it. However I don't think I'd pay the membership costs just for the dining experience, try and find someone who is a member who can get you in. Roll on July 2010.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I have had the pleasure of dining at Club 33 about 3 times over the years - always as a guest of a member.

One difference I could see from the 'members' and the 'guests' is the wide-eyed wonder and happiness on the faces of the guests - myself included! The castmembers working in Club 33 were quite nice about giving us the whole tour and history of the Club, even inviting us to sit outside on the balcony for a while overlooking New Orleans Square. Plus, also speaking as a guest, we were collecting souvenirs and buying whatever we could out of the display case in the hallway. lol. And we were not allowed to buy something that said "Club 33 Member". They were strict about that.

All-in-all, it was a wonderful experience and one we hope to have again - once we can find a member host! Sad to say, we lost our connection many years ago.

Hey, maybe my book will sell a million copies and I will be invited there!

<Holding breath> - starting now.......

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I just wanted to make sure that the OP has cured cancer, fed starving africans AND put water in the dog's dish before considering a Club33 membership.
    I would love a membership, just so I could use it to impress and thank clients and their families. The dues may help some people make a lot more money, which can then be used to send their kids to college. Personally, I cannot wait for the list to open back up.
    - Bobd

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Nope, neither!
    You remind me of the late, great, Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heroes! In his infamous German accent, "I know nuuu-thing!!!!"...
    Ahem. John Banner, B Jan 28 1910, Vienna Austro-Hungarian Empire - D Jan 28 1973, Vienna Austria.
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by redshoepaul View Post
    I know ways to spend it braggingly also, but I'm sure dining at Club 33 will top it. I only plan on dining once there in my lifetime. I'm only going to pay the initiation fee for the year. I'm no millionaire, so spending $10,000+ yearly to JUST Disney is ridiculous. It's free admission on your dining date I believe.
    You only pay $10,000 one time after that its $3,400 per year. The primary Gold membership holder and one guest has free admisson, 365 days a year, without eating at the Club. Club members can make dinning reservations for guests that allows "free" admission to the Park, but they are required to dine at the Club, if they do not, the Club member will recieve an invoice for the days admission to the Park. When the Club member makes reservations for their guests, they can specify that the guest is going to pay the bill or the club member will pay for their guests, in which case an invoice will be sent to the Club member. This is the attractive part of the membership for businesses to use for their clients.
    IMO, if anyone wants to spent that kind of money for this very limited membership, then go for it, far be it from me to suggest that they should be required to cure cancer or feed millions, etc. anyone who does is preachy and self-righteous. HOWEVER, I do not recommend bragging about a Club 33 membership. The initial HUGE $10K+annual dues in incomprehensible to many and the have-nots and can-nots will be very resentful and spare no breath or text trashing your good fortune.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

I wish they'd make a public announcement whenever the membership waiting list becomes available. I have been wanting to get on the list for a long, long time. Being a member is one of my dreams. Until the past few years, I didn't even think to write to get on the list, because I couldn't justify spending that much on a club membership. But in the past few years my financial situation has improved significantly, so the cost isn't really a concern. Of course, now that I can, I can't even get on the list to wait ten years. Aargh.
    Last edited by MrScroogeMcDuck; 01-13-2010 at 09:46 AM.

• Glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by thermo648 View Post
    Very Beautiful

Here is a page I have dedicated to it.

i think youve gotta be a freemason to become a member

haha the whole things an illuminati conspiracy..god only knows what kind of twisted rituals go on in there..

• Achieving epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by stagolee View Post
    i think youve gotta be a freemason to become a member

haha the whole things an illuminati conspiracy..god only knows what kind of twisted rituals go on in there..
    I'm actually trying to become a Freemason locally, lol.

I wish that could bump me up on the list!

Desires should not be hindered, no matter how difficult life might appear to be.
    If you fail, don't cease; keep going, keep trying.
    Giving up is never an option.

• Curse you Perry!!

Hello everyone. I am a new pass holder and member of the forum.

I am fortunate to work for a company that has a membership. I have visited Club 33 about 8 times the last 5 years!!

The experience is like no other at Disney. I'll see if I can post some pictures.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz View Post
    Hello everyone. I am a new pass holder and member of the forum.

I am fortunate to work for a company that has a membership. I have visited Club 33 about 8 times the last 5 years!!

The experience is like no other at Disney. I'll see if I can post some pictures.

Oooh! You're going to have LOTS of friends!!!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Hukuna Matata!

Its nice to dream once in while

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

In late breaking news: Micechat forums brought down under the weight of PMs to Doofenshmirtz! Film at eleven.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast