Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question about Club 33 entry..

Not sure where this should be, so sorry if it's wrong.

Today I wrote a small letter of desire to join Club 33 and sent it in. I couldn't find much info on 'what' exactly I should've wrote or expressed in the letter. Anybody else expressed intrest in joining? What did you guys write so if I feel like I messed up, I can re-write it over and send it in.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Question about Club 33 entry..

Did you mail in a big fat check, too? That's what you need. After you get on a waiting list.

Yeah, not on the waiting list yet. I just wrote my letter expressing interest. I'll wait a few months on my pamphlet and see what that says. I can't cough that up now, in a few years I will. Hope they don't expect that stuff immediately.

• Rock Star Minion

You understand the costs of this? The cost for the privilege of paying to eat at Club 33?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You understand the costs of this? The cost for the privilege of paying to eat at Club 33?
    I most certainly do. Looked into it and everything before I wrote my first letter this morning. It's also VIP for both parks for the year.

It's for satisfaction value. Nobody I've every talked to (except for friends working at Disney World and Disney Land) even knew what the club was, aside from knowing anybody in it. Bragging rights for life.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by redshoepaul View Post
    I most certainly do. Looked into it and everything before I wrote my first letter this morning. It's also VIP for both parks for the year.

It's for satisfaction value. Nobody I've every talked to (except for friends working at Disney World and Disney Land) even knew what the club was, aside from knowing anybody in it. Bragging rights for life.
    Oh. Bragging rights? OK. You can't brag instead about feeding 1000 people on Thanksgiving Day every year for the rest of your life? OK. It's your money. I should not assume I know better ways to spend it braggingly.

Well, as long as you can afford it, go on ahead. Good for you. Perhaps one day, if I'm still alive (the waiting list is a bit long), you will invite me to lunch at Club 33.

Also, not sure how much "VIP treatment" you get. And you'd only get it on days you pay to dine at Club 33. You don't get free admission any day you want. At least I don't think that's how it works.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Oh. Bragging rights? OK. You can't brag instead about feeding 1000 people on Thanksgiving Day every year for the rest of your life? OK. It's your money. I should not assume I know better ways to spend it braggingly.

Well, as long as you can afford it, go on ahead. Good for you. Perhaps one day, if I'm still alive (the waiting list is a bit long), you will invite me to lunch at Club 33.

Also, not sure how much "VIP treatment" you get. And you'd only get it on days you pay to dine at Club 33. You don't get free admission any day you want. At least I don't think that's how it works.
    I know ways to spend it braggingly also, but I'm sure dining at Club 33 will top it. I only plan on dining once there in my lifetime. I'm only going to pay the initiation fee for the year. I'm no millionaire, so spending $10,000+ yearly to JUST Disney is ridiculous. It's free admission on your dining date I believe.

• Rock Star Minion

I know ways to spend it braggingly also, but I'm sure dining at Club 33 will top it. I only plan on dining once there in my lifetime. I'm only going to pay the initiation fee for the year. I'm no millionaire, so spending $10,000+ yearly to JUST Disney is ridiculous. It's free admission on your dining date I believe.
    It might be easier and faster to befriend someone who already has access.
    I have no leads on this, though.

And do note: it's not "free admission." You paid an initiation fee plus an annual fee, plus the meal, plus possibly alcohol. Unless you consider that one meal worth that much (and I have business cards for several psychiatrists and institutions in the area -- don't ask me how or why, or even why I bring it up), then sure, admission to the park would be free.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Uh yeah if you're going to buy a Ferrari, it's not to drive once and then give away.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Uh yeah if you're going to buy a Ferrari, it's not to drive once and then give away.
    Yeah, but you're not spending thousands of dollars every year on it.

I have friends at Disneyland that work there, so I'll see if they know or if anybody is in the club.

• Sock Puppet

Lots of misinformation and speculation going on here...

Sorry, the "waiting list" is currently closed to new applicants, though there is word being spread around the Club that it might open back up sometime in the near future. But don't let me discourage you, I'm sure you'll get the letter confirming it soon enough.

Typical wait time for an invitation to join is about 7 to 9 years once you are on the list.

No, you do not have to dine at the Club each time you visit the Park. You get two membership cards similar to a PAP. You can enjoy a meal at the Club (by reservation) when you want to (subject to open tables, of course).

Your guests that receive free admission to the Park do have to enjoy a meal there to get the free admission though. If not, the member is charged for their missed meal/entry fee.

For more information, do a search right here on MC. Myself and plenty of others have shared the FACTS about the Club in the seemingly endless threads started about it.

Oh, BTW, the Lobster Buffet (as we call it) is to kill for!!!

Good luck on your membership!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Yeah, but you're not spending thousands of dollars every year on it.

Ever owned a Ferrari?

Maintenance can and probably WILL run into the thousands per year...

And the current Club 33 annual dues is $3,175.00

• Hukuna Matata!

Thumbs up Re: Question about Club 33 entry..

Thankssss!
    Last edited by Joshnyah; 11-24-2009 at 02:01 PM.

• Sock Puppet

I only plan on dining once there in my lifetime. I'm only going to pay the initiation fee for the year. I'm no millionaire, so spending $10,000+ yearly to JUST Disney is ridiculous. It's free admission on your dining date I believe.

If you are only planning on dining there once in your lifetime, you are going about it the wrong way!

Unless, of course, you value one meal at the Club somewhere to the tune of $12,675.00!

Plus your actual meal cost, of course!

Yep, the cost of your first year will run you that amount. And there is no "finance" plan like the AP's! It's cash on the barrel-head, baby!

Once you receive the invitation to join, you are given 60 days to cough up the money. No money, no membership...

First year breakdown= $9,500.00 initiation fee plus the first years dues @ $3,175.00.

Your initiation fee is history if you decide to drop your membership (as well as any dues paid). No refunds. Period.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

OK, I will admit that I have always, always wanted to dine at Club33 (like everyone else here, I'd imagine) I know what it costs and what it entails and that is why most likely I will never actually get inside.
    But I do want to say that I think sediment is out of line here. (nothing personal, I respect you and enjoy your posts) Yes, Club33 definitely falls into the luxury category. But that isn't for you to decide, it's for the person who pays for the membership. A few thousand dollars a year is a lot of money to a lot of people, and a very small sum to others. Sure, you could do something 'better' with that money. But you could do something with the money you paid for your computer, or the vacation you might take or the fancy dinners you might eat, or the AP you might buy. Sometimes people need and deserve to treat themselves to something that makes them happy and enriches their lives.

Now, if you really are planning to wait years and pay the money and cancel after a year, that seems a bit silly, but it's your time and money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast