Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Member; Mousketeer

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings is one of the best
    food establishments.

After sampling all of the sauces, my
    absolute favorite is "Wild".

It's a great place with amazing food and service.

And so fortunate to live near locations
    that are each less then ten minutes away.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Amazing food service is a hit or miss. I have had my share of misses, but the manager made sure that i went home with a huge discount. Since then, they've been more hits.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Amazing food service is a hit or miss. I have had my share of misses, but the manager made sure that i went home with a huge discount. Since then, they've been more hits.
    i agree. there are days when i can tell the waiters aren't being monitored.. because they just seem more lax than usual: service is slower, they are eating while working, sitting with a group of friends that came to eat/visit them at work.

the service has never been exceptionally bad, but just a bit slower on those days.. at least the one in Chino Hills.
    -plagued

• MiceChat Moderator

Just got back from my weekly BW3 lunch. The wedges and buffalo chips w/ cheese came out really old... like they were sitting under the lamp too long. We told our waitress and she apologized and said she'll bring new ones.

When the new ones came, she said they were taken off the bill. Now that's service I appreciate!

Today I had mango habanero and spicy garlic sauces.

• 1 man can make a difernce

Just got back from my weekly BW3 lunch. The wedges and buffalo chips w/ cheese came out really old... like they were sitting under the lamp too long. We told our waitress and she apologized and said she'll bring new ones.

When the new ones came, she said they were taken off the bill. Now that's service I appreciate!

Today I had mango habanero and spicy garlic sauces.
    Now im hungry. I think Ill ask my mom to send me some sauces for Xmas.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• MiceChat Moderator

Oh and... in case people don't get why I say "BW3", the original name of hte restaurant was Buffalo Wild Wings & Wreck. B-dubs or BW3 became the slang terminology for the restaurant.

Buffalo Wild Wings was founded in 1982 after James Disbrow, then living in Buffalo, New York, came to Kent, Ohio to judge a figure skating competition at Kent State University in 1981. He met up with his good friend Scott Lowery and went looking for a place to get authentic Buffalo-style chicken wings.[1] Unable to find one, they decided to open up their own restaurant, first in Columbus, Ohio, and then in Westerville, Ohio one year later.[2] Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, from which the abbreviation BW3 was created, the restaurant became a franchise with more than 550 locations across 38 U.S. states.[3] The original name and acronym, BW3, was intentionally reminiscent of the acronym TW3 popularly used in referring to the television show That Was The Week That Was, a show of which co-founder James Disbrow was a fan. The company later changed its name to Buffalo Wild Wings, but still uses the short name BW3 on occasion due to the common usage by patrons. The corporate headquarters was located upstairs from their location in Clifton, Cincinnati for several years before moving to Minnesota.

• Disneyland History Lover

When I lived in Texas I used to go to Buffalo Wild Wings'. It's good stuff. There's lots of them out there. There's one over here in Lake Forest but I haven't been in that location yet.

Oh and... in case people don't get why I say "BW3", the original name of hte restaurant was Buffalo Wild Wings & Wreck. B-dubs or BW3 became the slang terminology for the restaurant.
    Ive always wondered why people said BW3, but that was on the east coast. I always say Bdubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    When I lived in Texas I used to go to Buffalo Wild Wings'. It's good stuff. There's lots of them out there. There's one over here in Lake Forest but I haven't been in that location yet.
    That one just opened a few weeks ago. I havent been there yet.

• hi!

i went to my local BWW this past Friday.. and was very sad to find out.. that the Desert Heat Dry Rub promotion is now over.

i (as well as my whole table party) loved that flavor so much that we called over the manager and inquired of any possible return. he said that corporate makes all the promo decisions and he, himself, was sad to see Desert Heat leave. he said it himself that it was a really big hit among his guests. as far as the flavor making any kind of return, it doesn't look like it'll happen.. but he also said that since the restaurant was a franchise, he may be able to get it back if that franchise gets enough customer demand for it..
    -plagued

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Just hear theres a BWW in lake forest..i never been to a Buffalo wings place before

The closest Buffalo Wild Wings to me is in Reno, but I go every time I have to go there for work (which is quite often)

I first "discovered" it many years ago on a work trip to Ohio, where there was one across from my hotel. I went and checked it out, and made sure to drag my co-workers there the next day.

Needless to say, we are all still very addicted! My favorite sauce hands-down is the Jamaican Jerk (which I have figured out how to make on my own) and the asian-zing. YUM!

I totaly forgot about the asian zing and my g/f was just there to buy me sauces to come bring me next week.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

They just opened one of these about a mile away from the base. Smart move. Now all those military guys and girls go there during their lunch break. We tried it out, I wasn't too impressed. I liked Wing Zone more.

• Koubu Pilot

I've been to BWW a few times, but each time I just wasn't impressed with their service. We went there last for my roommate's goodbye party and they put us on the patio and we had to put the tables together for our party. They were slow. At some point, half our table had food and the other didn't. If you eat there, do one check or you'll be there FOREVER!! There food was so so. I will admit I'm the type who likes your classic buffalo wing, so all these other sauces don't really have much appeal. From one friend's bachelor party, I came to find out we only had there because of a few other people, none of whom were the groom (he preferred somewhere else after eating there). The rest of my friends aren't all that fond of BWW either.

Now that I'm staying at my parents' house this month, I'm just 1 1/2 miles from Wing's Express (local, mom and pop kind of place with just 2 locations in my town). I like their wings and they're just $5 bucks/dozen since they do classic buffalo flavors, BBQ, and honey hot as opposed to nontraditional wing sauces that cost more to make.

• MiceChat Moderator

I ain't gonna argue with anyone who is disappointed with BW3 because I've certainly had more than my fair share of bad service... but I've also had plenty of good service. It really is entirely dependent on the server at the one I go to and when I get bad service, I'm not afraid to let management know.

My roommate for example was very disappointed with BW3 and he dragged me to a local place called HOT WINGS. The service was also slow. The wings were alright and decent but you had to get 12 or 16... or 50. And the flavors were mild, hot, EXTRA hot, and BBQ.

I'm definitely more keen on the whole wing palette now but I'm still enjoying BW3 flavor options and the option of only getting 6 wings is very attractive to me.

I'm looking forward to trying other wing locations to see which one really is better.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast