Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brunch..Goofy's Kitchen vs. Storyteller Cafe

Hi guys,

I have never been to a character meal at DL. My dad and I have a trip planned for the weekend before Christmas. We would have gone earlier, like this upcoming weekend, but we had to work around my dad's busy schedule.

Anyways, I'm hoping to schedule a brunch at either Goofy's Kitchen or Storyteller Cafe. I actually have reservations for GK right now, but read some good reviews of SC on yelp.com so I'm considering rescheduling our meal. Part of the reason is that SC seems a bit more grown-up, and there might be less kids running around/screaming/crying. Isn't it cheaper also? I wonder if I can use my Premium Annual Pass to get us a discount on the meal there.

Can anyone compare the two of these from an 'older' perspective? I'm 24, my dad is 51 or so.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Brunch..Goofy's Kitchen vs. Storyteller Cafe

Goofy's Kitchen and Storyteller Cafe you get 15% off at both place.
    This is with a Premium Annual Pass.

SoCal Select*SoCal*Deluxewill be 10%
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

ok well our family went to both places! so here's my review:

SC: they had some pretty amazing food, and the mash potatoes to me (oh i went on thanksgiving) were like clouds in heaven...they were the best mash potatoes i've ever eaten!! they also had this fruit tart that was really good too. a little busy when i went, kept running into people, but that's ok.

GK: after eating at SC, i wasn't as impressed with the food, but my dad kept eating the popcorn shrimp as if it was popcorn, and he loved the salmon too. but then again i didn't have any meat so that may be why. the ice cream was really good, and i really enjoyed the characters coming around the table, seeing cinderella was my favorite part. and then like every 20 minutes or so there's like a 30 second dance party with the kids
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    ok well our family went to both places! so here's my review:

SC: they had some pretty amazing food, and the mash potatoes to me (oh i went on thanksgiving) were like clouds in heaven...they were the best mash potatoes i've ever eaten!! they also had this fruit tart that was really good too. a little busy when i went, kept running into people, but that's ok.

GK: after eating at SC, i wasn't as impressed with the food, but my dad kept eating the popcorn shrimp as if it was popcorn, and he loved the salmon too. but then again i didn't have any meat so that may be why. the ice cream was really good, and i really enjoyed the characters coming around the table, seeing cinderella was my favorite part. and then like every 20 minutes or so there's like a 30 second dance party with the kids
    Thank you for your comparisons. I'm starting to lean towards Storyteller Cafe right now. I didn't realize that they have desserts at brunch! That fruit tart sounds yummy. I read on yelp that they *bring* you a plate or basket of Mickey waffles. Is that true?

• Mortals pay a token fee.

I've been to both as well and still enjoy Goofy's better. Both are character experiences, and both are going to have little kids running around (depending on the time you go.) I've gone at about 10:30 and had absolutely no kids at Goofy's. Besides, they saw that we were all older and sat us away from it all any way. The food selection there is AMAZING. I've been several times to Goofy's for brunch, but only once to Storyteller's. I think think you can tell my preference.

• Disney boy at heart ;)

Im a storyteller's guy....the food is amazing, especially the caramel glazed french toast things!!!!! OMG party in my mouth hahaha and yes they do bring a plate of mini mickey mouse waffles with powdered sugar on them...I will admit the characters are a tad better at Goofy's kitchen though...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If it's 2 adults you gotta go to the Storytellers. Pretty good food too!

Quote Originally Posted by chicolito02 View Post
    Im a storyteller's guy....the food is amazing, especially the caramel glazed french toast things!!!!! OMG party in my mouth hahaha and yes they do bring a plate of mini mickey mouse waffles with powdered sugar on them...I will admit the characters are a tad better at Goofy's kitchen though...
    Wow, the french toast and waffles sound good.

Do any of you older folks ask for autographs? For example, if you own an autograph book and a big fat pen for character's to use..*ahem*...would you or have you asked for their siggies?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Storytellers for sure.

I don't do autographs, but they come to your table, so you can just ask them then I have gotten pics with them, no big deal
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Sock Puppet

I love the food at Goofy's. My favorite is the PB&J pizza. it sounds strange/disgusting but its absolutely amazing. there are deserts galore (like seriously, i felt like i could just eat desert and id be ok). Either way you go, its going to be a good experience.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Not sure why you would say it sounds disgusting. The PBandJ pizza does sound good. It's not like they serve it with tomato sauce, green peppers, onions, and pepperoni. Now THAT would be disgusting

Thanks for this break down! We're going this weekend too so I was researching some dining options. Both sound pretty promising!

• Planning my next trip...

I would also recommend Storytellers for adults. I love Goofy's Kitchen, but it almost has a glorified Denny's feel to it. Don't get me wrong, you'd enjoy yourself there, but it definitely caters to families w/ young children. Lots of colorful, kid appealing foods (a rainbow of sugary cereals, cupcakes, etc.) but still have the yummy omelets, bacon and waffles.

Storytellers has more of a 4-star dining atmosphere. The food is delicious and presented beautifully. You'll still have plenty of kids around and the "Disney" feel is definitely there, just a more mature, rustically elegant environment with more grown-up food options. And whenever we've had character breakfasts, Goofy's Kitchen is always more expensive, even if just by a few dollars.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Another vote for Storytellers for adults or for older kids. We were GK's loyals for the longest time but now we're all about Storytellers. The food is really, really good. And like someone previously mentioned the french toast is amazing. Plus, the service there has always been fantastic for me. Goofy's can sometimes move slow.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    Storytellers has more of a 4-star dining atmosphere. The food is delicious and presented beautifully. You'll still have plenty of kids around and the "Disney" feel is definitely there, just a more mature, rustically elegant environment with more grown-up food options. And whenever we've had character breakfasts, Goofy's Kitchen is always more expensive, even if just by a few dollars.
    That sounds perfect and reassures me in my decision to switch our reservations to Storytellers. Now we're eating there at 10AM on Sunday (12/20) instead of Goofy's Kitchen. Maybe I'll see another MiceChatter there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast