Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wishing upon a star....

Breakfast with Minnie & Friends

My husband and I are thinking of doing the breakfast with Minnie & Friends. We are going in March and thought it would be a fun thing to do.

I was wondering how the food is?

And how many characters do you usually get to meet and take pictures with?

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Re: Breakfast with Minnie & Friends

i wanna know too! i made a reservation to eat there on Valentines with my fiance.

She has no idea we are going

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

We have done the Minnie & Friends breakfast twice over the past year. The food is standard breakfast fare - eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, Mickey waffles, pastries, fruit, french toast, cold cereal, juice, coffee, etc. There is an omelet station also. I always opt for the first sitting available so the food is hot and fresh.

I have no complaints about the food but the characters are what make me come back. We have seen 9+ characters each time. They include Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, White Rabbit, Gideon, Goodfellow, Gepetto, Fairy Godmother, Captain Hook, Chip, Dale and of course Minnie.

We have done the Lilo and Stitch breakfast and also the Princess Lunch at Ariel's Grotto but I really like Minnie & Friends and highly recommend it.
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. He shall be my Squishy - Dory

The plaza inn Minnie & Friends breakfast is the best... The food is all you can eat breakfast foods, the omelet station is awesome, the hot side is always fresh and hot. Also, there are plenty of muffins, breads and whole fruit which you could take with you for later.

The characters are the best though, they are all there as mentioned above and the handlers make sure they get to everyone in the dining room/patio area.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

i was extremly upset by my experience at the Minnie and Friends breakfast.

The lines were long and slow. from the time we paid to the time we finally sat down with our food, it had been 30 mins. The food wasn't anything better than i can get at the River Belle or (now) Villiage Haus. Yes, we got to see characters, but they are characters that you can see anywhere else in the park.

It is my recommendation that you forego this dining experience. not worth the cost, time, and frustration.

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

That is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your experience but I think you will find more supporters than detractors for M&F.

Timing is everything. I have been twice (and plan to go this year) but I make sure to reserve the earliest seating I can (on non-MM days). We have never waited more than a minute or two for seating or food.

As for seeing the characters elsewhere, how long would it take to line up for all those characters individually? Much longer than the breakfast would take I imagine, especially given the quantity you would see. Plus you would have to search all those characters out (with no guarantee of seeing less popular characters like White Rabbit, Captain Hook and Fairy Godmother) in at least two different parts of the park.
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. He shall be my Squishy - Dory

WE love Minnie's breakfast and only had one bad experience. We were seated outside in August which was fine but when the characters dance inside they don't do it outside and then characters kept going past our row and not coming to our table. We asked about it and were told we should only expect to see 3 characters and shouldn't complain if we saw them. The Character handler actually asked my 6 year olds who they saw and checked their autograph books. I told her that what irritaed us was that they walked by and went to other tables around us but skipped us. the lady was just really rude!

Other than that we have been there probably 9 times and love it! Just make sure you eat inside! We usually see Minnie, Hook. Fairy Godmother, Chip and Dale, Eyeore, Pooh, and tigger. But we've also seen Max, Brer Bear and BRer Fox, and Rafiki.

We love Minnie's and eat there every visit. The only bad experience we had was last September. We made the mistake of getting reservations for the final sitting of the morning.

Great for the character interaction (as there were fewer diners), but ruined by the lack of/cold food. They stopped bringing out new food right after we sat down and what was out there was lukewarm and even cold. We asked the manager about bringing out new food, but they were starting lunch prep. They did give us a 50% refund which I thought was more than fair.

Moral of this experience, don't make reservations for the last sitting!!

Adding: We do like the food and the drinks that are available. They offer a nice selection of fruits and pastries, omelet station, etc. I personally like the sausage.

Our reservation is for 10. I know that it isn't the last seating but I also know it is a few hours into the breakfast. Hopefully, there will still be plenty of food selections and it will be hot.

We have two reservations and I need to cancel one. The first option is Sunday March 14th and the other is for Monday the 15th. Which do you think is the better option? Or are they equal?

We will be at DLR the week before you and have reservations for that Sunday, March 7 at 9:45am. Our thinking is that Monday the park will be less busy and we will want to use that time on the rides rather than a leisurely breakfast. But who knows with Spring Break.

We did this because we had the dining plan and the character meals were included. We did it on an early entry morning once the Park opened for the public.

The food is good. Nothing gourmet but it's good and hot and filling. Eat up here and you'll get by until dinner! I really liked that the bacon was crispy

We saw Pooh, Tigger, Capt. Hook, Chip & Dale and the Fairy Godmother. But it was a slow day during a rainy week so there might be more at another time.

Tahuwai la a tahuwai wai la
    Ehu hene la a pili ko'o lua la
    Pututui lu a ite toe la
    Hanu lipo ita pa'alai

--- Hawai'ian War Chant

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

So Minnie & Friends is a restaurant. But Mickey and Friends is a giant car park? I think Mickey got the short straw.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Oooh thats gotta hurt

We are also going in March and have reservations for Minnie and friends. We have been there before and loved it, if you can change your time to earlier if you can. We have also done Lilo and Stich and loved them also. Duke
    Oooogaoooga Divedivedive bring her to periscope depth WHAT!! what do you mean we can't dive the Disney subs argghh, can we launch torpedos? let me guess no torpedos right?

Our reservation is in about 2 & 1/2 weeks. I am getting really excited. More for the characters than the food. It would be worth the expense just to get a picture with Fairy Godmother and for my husband to get one with Captain Hook. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will see one or both of these characters.

We changed our time to 9am on Sunday. Hopefully that time works out for us. Not too early but not the later seatings.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This is one character meal that I have never done. I will keep this in mind for my next trip this July. May, I inquire as to the price.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast