Thread: The River Belle

Question The River Belle

Hello Everyone...
    Just wondering... can anyone tell me if breakfast at the river belle is any good?
    Since you cant make reservations here does it usually take a long time to find seating and eat!

• We Want The Redhead

Re: The River Belle

The River Belle Terrace is not bad, eggs, pancakes or potatoes, sausage or bacon. Nothing fancy, just the basics. Each plate is under ten dollars and the view from the terrace on the river side (when there is a river, right now the river is closed for refurbishing) is spectacular.
    That's the good part.
    Here's the not so good part.
    The food is served up cafeteria style. You walk through after standing on what can be a very long line. The place gets very busy, so most of the food is NOT cooked to order but is prepared and kept under heat lamps which honestly are not very hot. By the time you actually get to eat, most of the time the pancakes are cool and everything else is just plain tepid.
    I suggest if you decide to try the place, go first thing at opening to maximize the potential of getting fresh food that has not yet been placed under heat lamps.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Adventures with Duffy

We enjoy breakfast there. The food is good. The food tends to get get cold quick, so we try to get there first thing, so there is plenty of seating. Then there is no problem.

• Not Here / Not Now

It's take out, reservations not required. And how must I say, I absolutely love eating at the RBT. The pancakes are godly, and it leaves me to wonder; many people have pondered what "special" ingredient is used in it, because something about it just makes it absolutely delicious. And yes, that is a personal opinion, but try for yourself.
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Pathetically Obsessed

The RBT is the perfect location for eat-in-the-park breakfast first thing in the morning. Everyone else is rushing to get to the attractions, but you and the family can just sit back and relax and eat a great breakfast. We took our yearly 5-day trips in April or May, so on day 4 or five when we had done everything we wanted to do, we just went to RBT and sat outside to watch the river and feed the birds. It was wonderful. Also, you can get beignets and fritters from the Royal Street Veranda. Yum!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    Everyone else is rushing to get to the attractions, but you and the family can just sit back and relax and eat a great breakfast.
    On my last trip I went to eat there one morning (shortly after park opening) and it had a line almost to Jungle Cruise. Just after I got in the door, they opened up the second side and I ended up at the front of the line.

The food was decent but I've had just as good at the local IHOP. Of course the local IHOP can't match the atmosphere.

• Pathetically Obsessed

We didn't go there necessarily for the gourmet food, that's true. And you pay theme park prices, but yes, the atmosphere cannot be topped. Just a nice relaxing breakfast in the greatest theme park on the planet, imho.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• A Pirate's life for me!

The RB is fine for what it is... A restaurant inside a theme park.

We much prefer the food at the Carnation Cafe, but it's tough to beat the ambiance of having breakfast with a view of the ROA on a cool morning...

Our favorite breakfast offering at the Resort would be the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at the PCH Grill. They now call it the "Surf's Up Breakfast with Mickey". We'll try out the new menu during our trip next month.

Bon Apetite!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    The RB is fine for what it is... A restaurant inside a theme park.

We much prefer the food at the Carnation Cafe, but it's tough to beat the ambiance of having breakfast with a view of the ROA on a cool morning...

Our favorite breakfast offering at the Resort would be the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at the PCH Grill. They now call it the "Surf's Up Breakfast with Mickey". We'll try out the new menu during our trip next month.

Bon Apetite!
    Carnation cafe is great we ate there last year at Christmas...I was just trying to experience new restaurants but at the same time I dont want to spend alot of time waiting. We also did the Surfs up breakfast that was great too! Maybe we will try the Minnie and Friends Breakfast I like places where you can make reservations.

There is always seating. Even if it is busy, you can sit in the Stage Door Cafe seating area next door since it is not open for breakfast.