Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Cool Let's talk food.

Early today i was thinking about all the yummy things i plan on eating tomorow while at DLR. One of them happens to be my favorite appetizer--the cheese platter from Golden Vine winery. It is cheesy, yummy heaven!!
    the olives rock--i am not sure what kind of juice they are in, but it's like butter in your mouth! Also served with it is some apples,very fresh, never gross or have bruising spots!

It has to be the best thing i ever ate at DCA as an appetizer. the second best thing is the mini fish tacos from the cove bar.

so what is the best thing you ever ate? please specify the eatery name so we all can try it also!

• hi!

Re: Let's talk food.

i'd have to say my favorite dish at the resorts as at The Cove bar as well!: the Lobster Nachos!! pair this with a few specialty cocktails and that in itself makes your trip to the Disney Resorts worth the day. a bit pricey at $11.99, but it can satisfy about three people or get two people really full. tender lobster pieces on top of corn tortilla chips topped with tomato, black beans, roasted pablano peppers, cilantro, and jack and cheddar cheeses? count me in!

whenever i'm there i see AT LEAST 6-8 of them coming out of the kitchen as i enjoy mine!

-plagued

• Merry 2014!

I like this thread! The besthing I have had at DLR was a chocolate martini at the Catal bar. I almost swiped my finger inside the glass to get every drop. At the House of Blues the catfish nuggets were very good.
    Those nachos look sooo good but no lobster for me (allergies to shell fish).
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• world class bilge rat

The Bavarian churros are pretty dog-gone good!

The only place I've found them is a churro cart in DTD by the Lego place.

They also have various fruit flavors, the strawberry one were good too.

Rob

• hi!

^^^^ i need to try these!

i hear they are better than the regular churros in the parks.. but i always forget about them when i walk through DTD.
    -plagued

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    ^^^^ i need to try these!

i hear they are better than the regular churros in the parks.. but i always forget about them when i walk through DTD.

you know..i have so heard that also! apparantly they are nice and warm and the cream inside is warm! and they are super yummy.. better them the regular churros!! But i have yet to buy one.. but there is a first for everything and for on the 17th i will be going to RBJK for the first time--so maybe i will make a stuffed churro my first also!

and about the lobster nachos.... last time i had them they were super salty to me. maybe they have toned down that part, if they have please let me know, i loved them but not the full serving of salt taste.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    you know..i have so heard that also! apparantly they are nice and warm and the cream inside is warm! and they are super yummy.. better them the regular churros!! But i have yet to buy one.. but there is a first for everything and for on the 17th i will be going to RBJK for the first time--so maybe i will make a stuffed churro my first also!

and about the lobster nachos.... last time i had them they were super salty to me. maybe they have toned down that part, if they have please let me know, i loved them but not the full serving of salt taste.
    hm.. i'm definitely the wrong person to ask about saltiness.. because i love my salt. so much that i have to make sure i'm drinking enough water for all the sodium i'm taking in unhealthy, i know ;X

although, i can say that my friends who aren't as much salt lovers as i am had nothing but good to say about them. when did you last try them?
    -plagued

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    hm.. i'm definitely the wrong person to ask about saltiness.. because i love my salt. so much that i have to make sure i'm drinking enough water for all the sodium i'm taking in unhealthy, i know ;X

although, i can say that my friends who aren't as much salt lovers as i am had nothing but good to say about them. when did you last try them?

it was like maybe 6 months ago..maybe. i am a little foggy on the time period..it must of been those fruity agave martini's at the cove bar friday!! LOL

• Banned User

Red Face Re: Let's talk food.

the fish tacos that i had at the cove bar were unbelievably yummy! 3 small tacos, packed with flavor and not dull at all!! i could of orderd like 9 of them!! they are the perfect size for an appetizer! the sauce was yummy, the fish was fresh and didn't smell!

and second to tbe best is the artichoke dip! RFLOL.... yep that is also my favorite thing i ate there! so good! the pita chips are always fresh!! LOL hey at least disney does SOMETHING correct!

• Delawarean Girl

I know a place I like that is in "So.Cal". But it's around Beverly Hills. Have you Micechatters heard of this new place called "Capriotti's? I love this sandwich called "The Bobbie". Capriotti's Sandwich Shop | Home Page

Capriotti's Sandwich Shop | California Locations (where it is in California)

• Banned User

ohh thank you hayley b!

thank you for that link!! i will be sure to look at it! ♥

• MargyDisneylandLover

they dont have it anymore the best was at the harbour galley when they had the grilled garlic bread mmm that was yummy
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• hi!

all from a Royal Caribbean cruise to Ensenada, these were some of the desserts i tried. on the Monarch of the Seas ship, which i hear isn't sailing on the west coast anymore :

the Brownie Madness. if you like that very rich chocolate taste, you'll love this.. i actually prefer a lighter taste for my desserts.

the Blueberry Cheesecake. i've never seen cheesecake in this form. and this stuff was heavenly. literally melted the moment it touched your mouth.

the Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart. definitely my favorite dessert of the bunch. light peanut butter whipped filling, but so light that it makes it a whipped cream. paired with the chocolate...

========================================

the following was taken at Joe's Sushi in Montclair, CA. actually a very small restaurant, but known for their high quality sushi for a typically low quality price. all you can eat sushi for $18 at lunch, and $22 for dinner.

the tuna sashimi

from bottom to top: Philly Roll, Rainbow Roll, Crunch Roll, Eel, and California Roll.
    -plagued

where is The Cove bar

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Food glorious food!

I'm an on-the-go muncher when it comes to park hoping and I also loves me some Florida parks, so I tend to drool more over there. However, I do love my s'mores snacks over at Pooh Corner.

And those Monte Cristos over in New Orleans Square.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast