Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rainforest Cafe Breakfast...any good?

Hello Everyone...okay so just wondering if any of you can tell me if the Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe is any good. Thanks
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• world class bilge rat

Re: Rainforest Cafe Breakfast...any good?

When I visit DL (a couple of times a year), I usually have breakfast at the Rainforest, most of the time every morning I'm there.

The atmosphere is great! The decor fits the overall theming of DL well, not just your average restaurant, but something special.

The food is OK, but my opinion is a bit skewed. I raise chickens and hogs, it's pretty hard to compete with farm-fresh.

It's also close to the Monorail station, so getting into DL is easy.

Rob

P.S. If you've never been there before, ask to sit by the gorilla.

• Merry 2014!

If you have never been, then go. It's quite the experience. The food is a little too expensive for just average food, imo, but people go there for the atmosphere mostly anyway.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    When I visit DL (a couple of times a year), I usually have breakfast at the Rainforest, most of the time every morning I'm there.

The atmosphere is great! The decor fits the overall theming of DL well, not just your average restaurant, but something special.

The food is OK, but my opinion is a bit skewed. I raise chickens and hogs, it's pretty hard to compete with farm-fresh.

It's also close to the Monorail station, so getting into DL is easy.

Rob

P.S. If you've never been there before, ask to sit by the gorilla.
    Thanks we have never eaten there and I figured it is cheaper than the character breakfast and it would be interesting for the little ones due to the animal theme. I am glad you told me about the proximity to the monorail since I was also wondering that...thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    If you have never been, then go. It's quite the experience. The food is a little too expensive for just average food, imo, but people go there for the atmosphere mostly anyway.
    We have never eaten there and while it may be a little expensive for breakfast I am counting that it will still be cheaper than the character breakfasts. We will also eat with Goofy at Goofy's Kitchen but for day two I am looking for a cheaper alternative and breakfast in DL was not so great and cold during the latter part of December for eating outdoors. Thanks for your input....I appreciate it.

We've had breakfast there once & couldn't believe the portion sizes!! You could easily split meals & find the meal very affordable.

We always do a dinner there, but the breakfast was a last minute decision on our way out of town. I'm glad we did it. Got seated immediately, got great service, good food & lots of it & didn't kill the budget. We were able to hold off lunch until mid-day.

I say, it's always good to try something new once!!! Good luck on your planning!!!

"Always Disney Dreaming"

• Really!?

We had breakfast at the RC in Anaheim and we...well....were disappointed. They don't have the greatest breakfast menu and I remember avoiding a lot of things on my plate (crispy eggs, undercooked bacon, etc) . None of the kids seemed very happy either

They're great with lunch/dinner .... but I'd recommend going somewhere else for breakfast

TBH it is about the same price as Character Breakfast. We love going to Plaza Inn when we go to Disneyland. Rainforest Cafe is ok.... but I have always been impressed with Plaza Inn Character breakfast buffet. The food is really good and the fruit is fresh!! mmmm just thinking about it makes me hungry.

But if you are leaving in the morning and looking for a decent breakfast before you hit the road. Rainforest Cafe will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    TBH it is about the same price as Character Breakfast. We love going to Plaza Inn when we go to Disneyland. Rainforest Cafe is ok.... but I have always been impressed with Plaza Inn Character breakfast buffet. The food is really good and the fruit is fresh!! mmmm just thinking about it makes me hungry.

But if you are leaving in the morning and looking for a decent breakfast before you hit the road. Rainforest Cafe will do the job.
    you see I really had thought of the Plaza Inn for breakfast but I remember hearing alot about the food not being very fresh and if I am going to pay so much I would like to have the food be at least somewhat decent. It is so hard deciding.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

While I can't complain about the food itself at Rain Forest Cafe, the consistently terrible service I've received every time I ever went there prevents me from ever going back, or recommending it to anyone, anywhere. I gave that place 5 tries, 3 for birthday dinners and 2 for breakfasts, and each time the service was so bad it led to complaints to management. After the fifth time, I stopped going.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Another thought on a place to get a good breakfast would be Mimi's Cafe on Harbor, next to the HoJo's......everyone says it's the bomb!!!! We're going there on our next trip!!!

"Always Disney Dreaming"

•   

I Liked the breakfast there my fav thing is the tonga toast. French toast with banana and strawberries with powder sugar and of course the bacon!

• "Always On The Move..."

I always have breakfast at the RC. The food has always been great (and HUGE portions..easy to split and still have more than enough). The service has always been excellent. Never had a complaint about anything. I highly recommend going. (I always ask to sit by the waterfall...but if it's your first time..ask for the gorilla.)
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    you see I really had thought of the Plaza Inn for breakfast but I remember hearing alot about the food not being very fresh and if I am going to pay so much I would like to have the food be at least somewhat decent. It is so hard deciding.
    It has always been fresh, especially the fruit every time I go.

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    The Plaza Inn was quite good when I went a few years ago. It's expensive, but I love the atmosphere better than Goofy's. There weren't that many people there so we had a lot of time with the characters. Eeyore loved my Mom and came around 3 times!
    Quote Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
    Another thought on a place to get a good breakfast would be Mimi's Cafe on Harbor, next to the HoJo's......everyone says it's the bomb!!!! We're going there on our next trip!!!
    Mimi's is the best place for a good breakfast that won't break the bank. That is my go to restaurant for any meal at DLR.

Another option that has a really good breakfast but is a little on the pricey side (but has excellent service) is Catal in DTD. When we went the place was practically empty but not from lack of service or quality that's for sure.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast