• Resident DL'er

Best Places for Coffee?

I love a great cup of coffee just like many of you out there, but it's harder to find than you'd think. I couldn't find another thread on this, so I figured I'd ask, where are the best places inside Disneyland to get a great cup of coffee? And for that matter, great coffee in DCA?

• Aristocat~!

Re: Best Places for Coffee?

The Bakery on Main Street has decent coffee.

it is a lot harder than it seems to find coffee.. So horrible! ;/ I would love more coffee in DL!

Isn't the coffee all the same? I could be wrong, but my husband is a coffee nut and said it was the same all over the park. The best that we liked was at LaBrea in DTD.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I've got a habit. I can freely and openly discuss it too. Talkin' the girl who wanted to Fed Ex her espresso machine to WDW so she wouldn't be without....

Heartstone Bar in GCH (opens EARLY!!) or Compass Books in DtD. The rest is swill.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by missmasyumaro View Post
    The Bakery on Main Street has decent coffee.

it is a lot harder than it seems to find coffee.. So horrible! ;/ I would love more coffee in DL!
    ^^^^
    This.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Within Disneyland the Blue Ribbon Bakery is the best you can do, but actually the best coffee is at the Grand Californian Hotel in one of their restaurants, and although I've never asked I would assume you can get the same coffee at the bar as they serve in the Storyteller's Cafe or the Napa Rose. If that doesn't work out, then walk to the end of Downtown Disney and Compass Books & Cafe has very decent coffee as well.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Thought Disneyland had a agreement to start serving StarBucks Coffee ? Whatever happened to that?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Mouseaddict Developer

Quote Originally Posted by scorsese View Post
    I love a great cup of coffee just like many of you out there, but it's harder to find than you'd think. I couldn't find another thread on this, so I figured I'd ask, where are the best places inside Disneyland to get a great cup of coffee? And for that matter, great coffee in DCA?

This is *exactly* what the Disneyland MouseAddict app is for (search iTunes). There is a "lite" version of the app that you can try out to see if you like it. It will tell you all the places that serve espresso-based drinks within the Disneyland Resort. You can put it on your iPhone/iPod and if you think it serves your purpose, the "full version" has the "Regular Coffee" locations as well (many more places than you think there are).

Send me a PM and I will give you a promo code for the "Full Version"... We just ask that you let others know if you like it.

Jann

MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the new Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, check your private messages, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at http://mouseaddict.com.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

This is one of my gripes about my favorite place on Earth--the coffee is disgusting. I bring my own from home and make it the hotel coffeemaker with occasional breaks back to the room to keep me from getting a headache.

However, all is not lost.

I will sometimes try to down the stuff at La Brea Bakery. It is, by far, better then anything you'll find inside the berm. Also, Compass Books is quite good, but I've found it depends on the barista doing the serving. The mornings have tended to be better than the evenings. Go figure.

I've not tried anything in the hotels.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Resident DL'er

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post

Heartstone Bar in GCH (opens EARLY!!) or Compass Books in DtD. The rest is swill.
    I've had the coffee from Compass Books, and I totally agree that it was actually very good. I am disappointed to hear that there isn't an equivalent somewhere inside Disneyland.

I'll have to try La Brea since many of you have mentioned it. And GCH seems to always be a good bet for quality food and drink.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Outside the berm again (the coffee inside is just warmed "brown") but I found that the Uva Bar in the middle of DtD will take a coffee order, and it is delivered from their associated Catal Restaurant who have an espresso machine.

Although I did then get it shaken with Bailey's, amaretto and half and half. So not sure what the shot was actually like.

I doubt that having Starbuck's help with the coffee inside the berm will be much of an improvement. I'm guessing the big problem is that a good espresso takes time to extract, and that doesn't equate to fast service with the crowds DL sees.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Thought Disneyland had a agreement to start serving StarBucks Coffee ? Whatever happened to that?
    That was a rumor. Last October Disneyland did change vendors but it went from Nestle to Joffrey's. The coffee is a LOT better now.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That was a rumor. Last October Disneyland did change vendors but it went from Nestle to Joffrey's. The coffee is a LOT better now.
    Time to google Joffery's. What's their speciality blend(s?)?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend