• Nerd

Farrell's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor

Remember when? As kids, everyone celebrated their birthday at Farrell's. but it disappeared for about 20 years or so as a generation of video kids seemed to decide that going to Farrell's wasn't cool anymore.

Well, Its BACK! and just as good as it was when I was a kid! We went to the store in Mission Viejo which is about 30 minutes from Disneyland. If you are staying near the park, or live in the area and want a different and FUN family dining experience, make the trip south and enjoy food and ice cream at Farrell's.

They still have a funny menu, and crazy waiters that taunt you and make you stand up and sing, or OINK like a pig (in my daughter's case) If you eat the Trough.

They still serve the ZOO and run around the entire restaurant with a siren blaring (its about 50 scoops of ice cream served in a punch bowl) The also have a Volcano but who can forget the famous "PIG'S TROUGH" - as it says on the menu - "Enough for two, just YOU and YOU!"

Overall, the food is hot and fresh, the salads are nice and cold and crispy, of course the ice cream sundaes are creative and exciting to eat. I give the NEW OLD FASHIONED ICE CREAM PARLOR an A+...

New in town, from out of town, of from around town, stop in at Farrells for a real treat!!!

Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Lackey

Re: Farrell's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor

Where is it located in the Mission Viejo area? It was always a fun place to go.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

Glad to hear they're still as good as we remember from our younger days!!! We are planning on stopping at the one near Santa Clarita on our way down to Anaheim this summer! Can't wait!!!

"Always Disney Dreaming"

Wow....nice to see the pictures I miss Farells lots of good memories come to mind as a kid we would celebrate birthdays and it was a blast. Sure wish we still had one in San Diego.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Laughing Place Finder

I LOVED growing up with Farrell's birthday parties. Those were awesome. I'll have to take my daughter to the one in Mission Viejo when we're down there.

I went to the one in Santa Clarita in 2005. I was happy to see there was still one open in So Cal but I was sad to see it stuck inside a "Family Fun Center" surrounded by mini-golf, go-karts and video arcades. Maybe it would have felt like old Farrell's if we hadn't been the only customers and if there had been more than one employee serving customers. Hopefully it's better these days.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.