Mother's Day Brunches

Is Disneyland not offering one? We ended up making a reservation at Knott's. I have never had brunch at Knott's before, but we have always liked their chicken and were very impressed by their Christmas banquet to-go so we thought we'd give them a shot. Has anyone done Knott's before?

Re: Mother's Day Brunches

Two days ago while being placed on hold with Disneyland Hotel I heard an advertisement for mothers day brunch being held at the Disneyland hotel. I did not listen to well since I knew I would not be going but I know I heard that there was going to be one in DLH.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yes, Disney will once again be celebrating Mother's Day with a fine buffet in the Grand Ballroom of the DLH. We made our reservations the first day that they were available.

We have been to all of the Grand Ballroom Buffet's that Disney offers multiple times (Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving... Though they have cancelled the Easter one the past two years).

They are tough to beat!

Just call 714-781-DINE and see if they have any tables left for reservations, or you can try going as a "walk-up"...

Thanks for the information. I'm tempted to change from Knott's to Disneyland. I can't find much information on either one. DLH costs more than twice what Knott's is charging. There is one review from a few years ago that said it was Las Vegas quality (crab legs, carving stations, etc.), but a more recent review said it was Goofy's Kitchen with slightly more items. There is almost no review of Knott's, but their weekly Sunday buffet gets rave reviews and the Mother's Day buffet is supposed to be the same, but with champagne and more items. This would be the year to splurge since this weekend is also my parent's 30th anniversary. I'll have to talk it over with my sister.

I ended up doing Disney's Royal Buffet and was very impressed. It is a bit pricey, but pretty good quality and surprisingly good service for such a large room. Our hostess was surprised that it was out first time. According to her, most people are repeat visitors since the buffet has become a tradition for many families. The selection wasn't huge, but had all the items you'd expect at breakfast and few lunch items. I thought it could have used more lunch items as all they had was salmon and chicken plus a few sides. The room is decorated very nicely and they had Photopass photographers around if you wanted a souvenir photo. I'll consider it again next year since we all enjoyed ourselves, although from the few other reviews I have found online, it seems as if the menu is pretty much the same from year to year.