Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: The Ultimate "where have you eaten?" DL/DCA food thread

Just skewers. You should spend your money elsewhere. I was hoping they'd have ribs or something but nope... just skewers with very little meat on them for about $5.

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not too crazy for the churros either. After every Disneyland trip, I go to Del Taco and buy a churro for a dollar and they are WAY better. Way more crunchy, more cinnamon and thicker. Not as long but you could buy 2 and have a longer length and cheaper than one at Disney.
    The mini churros at Jack in the Box are okay too but they're nothing like a real churro at Disney (they have a cream filling on the inside, which is good but just weird).
    Churros are nasty things!! Eat ice cream or grapes or popcorn.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Ice Cream, grapes or popcorn.
    That has to be the most random combination of food ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    Whose eaten at the Bengal Barbeque? I'm just wondering what food they sell there, and whether it's good or not, because I'm planning to eat there the next time I go to Disneyland.
    I have, I have heard people rave, but it is way pricey for what you get.. I dropped a 20 easy and got very little for that amount of money. And the veggie skewer was not cooked correctly... I think there are better treats or snacks or meals... I have had the frozen lemonaides.. They are divine on a hot summer day...

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

{Disneyland}

Pizza Port --can't bring myself to eat here
    Tomorrowland Terrace - use to eat here. Not big on food and the stage show isn't my cup of tea.
    Hungry Bear - ok burgers not world class...but it's a calm feeling location w/ one of the best views.
    Bengal BBQ - been awhile...but when I did, it was good. Stopped b/c you don't get much for your $$
    Stagedoor Cafe -If on the run...not bad
    Toontown Hot Dogs - I try to say out of town town...and def. no hot dogs.
    Turkey Leg Stand - they look great...just prefer the ones at the Ren. Fest.
    Cafe Orleans - Use to eat here prior to the menu change.
    Refreshment Corner - not a hot dog person and I feel you can get more food for your money in other places
    Riverbelle Terrace - so nice to eat B-fast here and watch the boat on the river
    Plaza Inn - Really like the food
    Carnation Cafe -Great place to eat
    French Market - not my cup of tea
    Corn Dog Cart - heard it's good..but no corndogs for me please
    Harbour Gallery - They have a salmon salad that I want to try..never eaten there though.
    Tiki Juice Bar - Love the Dole Whips
    Golden Horseshoe - The use to have the best chocolate cake...and huge!!
    Rancho Del Zocalo - When the menu changed about 6 years ago, I stopped eating there. The Mexican side still looks good..but I think portions went small.
    Big Thunder Ranch BBQ -- Haven't eaten here, but all I can eat BBQ chicken ribs sounds soooo good.
    Village Haus - Did it once and never ever again!
    {California Adventure}

Award Wieners - I can find a better dog at Costco and cheaper
    Pizza Oom Mow Mow - bought something..it was small. Won't go back.
    Cocina Cucamonga - last time I ate here it was really good.
    Sonoma Terrace - never at here

Taste Pilot's Grill -Despite Waffle fries gone, I will eat here. I like that you can load up your burger w/ all the trimmings (miss the serve yourself order machines)
    Farmers Market - Haven't yet.
    Lucky Fortune Cookery - never got a chance.
    Pacific Wharf Cafe - love the bread bowls w/ soup. Want to try a salad
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Only places I've eaten in DTD is House of Blues and ESPN Zone.
    ESPN Zone has great food.
    Ribs are great.
    The burgers are huge and really good.

Did The Jazz Kitchen once. It was good.
    Couldn't find much on the menu that I wanted. I'm not into Southern Food (minus fried chicken..mmmm!!!!)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I don't even know how to get into the hotels, not to mention I would feel awkward walking into them not being a guest, haha
    Hotels are easy to get too.
    Disneyland hotel...go until DTD ends (west). Goofy's Kitchen you don't have to go through the hotel to get too. If you like Characters and eating..it's a good place. Food is random....makes it great. On your plate you can an omlet, pizza, tater tots and mac and cheese (just an example...tons of food to choose from). You drinks (OJ, Choc Milk, Milk, Soda etc) are included and all you can drink.
    Grand - make a left at the little girls dress up place (the lobby is sooo nice).
    Paradise Pier...don't waste your time (that's my opinion...many ppl like it)
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• ohai

DLFreak71, what do the colors mean?

• Vroom, vroom!

lets get the short list of DCA out of the way...
    Never been to DCA, so nothing from there ever.
    Disneyland, I have been too...
    Village Hause. Gross burger, Flat soda, Burnt Fries, No vegetables in the buns of burger.
    Bengal BBQ I love it! My Oma (grandmother) Is Dutch-Indo, So we cook these meat skewers (we call it Sate) once in a while, Grew up eating it at least once a summer.
    The French Market, I had a bread Bowl here with clam chowder. Delicious!
    The rest are have nots because I am not made of money and Hey, I payed a lot of money to be here for one day, Im gonna ride every ride I can! Ill eat latter.
    The only places that I will never EVER eat at are the folowing...
    Club 33, Please, I dont see me ever knowing anyone with enough money / dont see myself WASTING the money to be a member to eat there once. Sure I would love to go once, But I cant afford it, (seriously what is it 5,000 dollars to join and 3,000 dollars a year to stay a member, AND that dosent even include the food or an AP to get into the park?!?!)
    The other place is the Blue Bayou.
    Why? I ate at the french market, And the food there is great! but Blue Bayou is the same thing, only a nice environment, and to be honest, ALL of disneyland is a nice environment, I dont need to add Class to my day when Im in shorts and T-shirt. (when I go out to a sit down restaurant with the class like BB or Club 33 Ill be damned if Im not in a suit and tie first!
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Hotels are easy to get too.
    Disneyland hotel...go until DTD ends (west). Goofy's Kitchen you don't have to go through the hotel to get too. If you like Characters and eating..it's a good place. Food is random....makes it great. On your plate you can an omlet, pizza, tater tots and mac and cheese (just an example...tons of food to choose from). You drinks (OJ, Choc Milk, Milk, Soda etc) are included and all you can drink.
    Grand - make a left at the little girls dress up place (the lobby is sooo nice).
    Paradise Pier...don't waste your time (that's my opinion...many ppl like it)

ya paradise pier used to have one of my favorite restaurants, the japanese restaurant, but they closed it...tear....anyway, there is nothing else good there, GCH and DH have some really good restaurants, and you dont have to be a a guest of the hotels to eat there, anyone can, as pointed out, most dont even require you to go into the hotel to get to them. The easiest way to get the the GCH ones is through the GCH hotel entrance in DCA.

"Look kids, right over there, thats the toilet Eisner's going to flush my park down"

I don't even know how to get into the hotels, not to mention I would feel awkward walking into them not being a guest, haha
    It is really not like that we ate at Goofys Kitchen and I was worried about the same thing but you really do not get that feeling at all...Do not let the fact that you are not a guest stop you...they are great!!!
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

Disneyland
    • Carnation Cafe
    • Blue Bayou
    • Village Haus (Dont Do It!!!)
    • Breakfast at the Tommorowland fast food service place...not sure of the name...
    DCA
    • Ariels Grotto
    Other
    • Goofys Kitchen....great
    • Mickey and Friends Surfs Up Breakfast
    • Paradise Pier Hotel...Lounge
    I am looking forward to adding more to my list...this coming September and December
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Diva Extrodinaire

{Disneyland}
    The haves:
    Pizza Port [I always seem to end up here, getting the foccacia and some yummy chicken fusili!]
    Hungry Bear [The burgers were okay, nothing to call home about.]
    Bengal BBQ [I got a skewer and a breadstick order, my friend got two skewers. Very good and healthy, just kinda small.]
    Rancho Del Zocalo [I love the tacos and the atmosphere. One of my favorites.]
    Village Haus [Not headed back anytime soon...]
    Carnation Cafe [Yummy chicken croissant sandwich!]
    Blue Bayou [I was 5 the last time I went in, but it must have been good.]

The have yet to's:
    Plaza Inn [Never had the time?]
    Corn Dog Cart [I want to live ten more years ]
    Tiki Juice Bar [I'm a Dole Whip virgin STILL!]
    Turkey Leg Stand [How can someone fit those in their mouth?!?]
    Cafe Orleans [Never have been, but I want to try a Monte Cristo]
    Big Thunder Ranch BBQ [Seems too expensive...]

{California Adventure}
    The haves:
    Award Wieners [The hot dogs were okay, but not too bad]
    Pacific Wharf Cafe [Really good sandwiches]
    Taste Pilot's Grill [Awful fries and awful burgers. My last-resort option.]
    ABC Soap Opera Bistro [It was soooo good when it was still open ]

The have yet to's:
    Farmers Market [Pass.]
    Wine Coutry Trattoria [Always has been closed]
    Ariel's Grotto [Not a hue seafood person, but maybe one day.]
    Pizza Oom Mow Mow [If it's the same as Pizza Port, I'm bound to love it]
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Disneyland's the best!

...The have yet to's:
    Plaza Inn [I've been here but it's been a good while so I would like to try it out again because I remember it vaguely]
    Carnation Cafe [I would love to get to the park early and get some breakfast here some time]
    Corn Dog Cart [I think this is next on my list on what I must get]
    Harbour Gallery [I have honestly never seen this place. Every time I walk by, I just see a frozen lemonade stand. Is this the old McDonalds location? I think it's closed every time, maybe that's why I never see it. I go often at night.]
    Tiki Juice Bar [I have yet to have a Dole Whip.]
    Golden Horseshoe [Is the dining area inside the building? Never been in nor have I seen any shows in there. I've been meaning to but it just never happens ]
    Rancho Del Zocalo [Would love to try this place out]
    Big Thunder Ranch BBQ [It's too expensive but I want to try out the BBQ just once so I'll get around to eventually. Kinda like Blue Bayou except I'm not interested in what they serve there.]
    Village Haus [I want to eat here just for the location but I hear it's nothing special. DON'T RUIN MY DREAMS!]...
    Wow, are you missing out. My two favorites--Carnation and Rancho del Zocalo--are on here! Don't go to Carnation for breakfast, go for lunch and get the Loaded Baked Potato Soup!!
    It's easy enough to be pleasant
    when life hums along like a song.
    But the man worth while
    is the man who can smile
    when everything goes dead wrong.

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Disneyland
    • Carnation Cafe
    • Blue Bayou
    • Village Haus (Dont Do It!!!)
    • Breakfast at the Tommorowland fast food service place...not sure of the name...
    DCA
    • Ariels Grotto
    Other
    • Goofys Kitchen....great
    • Mickey and Friends Surfs Up Breakfast
    • Paradise Pier Hotel...Lounge
    I am looking forward to adding more to my list...this coming September and December
    Don't go to Village Haus!!! I ate the vegie burger one time, and I threw up...At a school trip!!! How embarrassing for me in front of my friends!!! The pizza is really greasy too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast