Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: The Ultimate "where have you eaten?" DL/DCA food thread

Consensus is Village Haus is possibly the worst place to eat at the resort? Is it really that bad? I love the theme so much!

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Consensus is Village Haus is possibly the worst place to eat at the resort? Is it really that bad? I love the theme so much!
    The theme is cute, but the burgers are nasty. However, I don't know whether Village Haus's pizza is any better or worse than Pizza Port.

Any opinions on pizza in Vilaage Haus vs. at Pizza Port?

We don't do a lot of eating in the Park (or DtD, for that matter), the food is really poor.

But, if stuck there at dinner time we usually go to Redd Rockett's. We get the Terra Nova Pasta and a salad and split both. They will customize your food (cheese on the side,etc.) and it isn't bad. Free refills on the drinks, too. They have the same pasta at the Plaza Inn for a few dollars MORE.

The fresh fruit stand outside Jungle Cruise is great-pricy but fresh.

The ice cream walk up window by the lockers makes fresh ice cream sandwiches to order.

The Mint Julip walk up window still sells fritters, but, oh does anyone else remember when it was one GIANT fritter. A moment of silence, please.

My husband is a big fan of the triple chocolate brownies in the sweet shop in Pooh Corners.

Whitewater Snacks at GCH is the best place to get a simple tuna salad or egg salad sandwich.

In DtD, the Wetzel Pretzel bag of cinnamon bits and a frozen lemonade is really nice for on the drive home, on a hot night. They also have a AP discount and a loyalty card--buy 6 get the next one FREE!

And we used to buy the Kettle Corn, but they have changed the recipe--I am thinking that the liquid that they now add is the dreaded HFC and it has changed the taste. Not so great anymore.

And, off property, and off topic ;0), Joe's on Harbor. Local favorite.

Bon Apetite!

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMousie View Post

Whitewater Snacks at GCH is the best place to get a simple tuna salad or egg salad sandwich.
    Yes!!! This has become a tradition...

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Village Haus has pizza?
    Same as Pizza Port? If not, what's it like? I love their pizza, I can't understand for the live of me the hate for it!

• Johnny and Me!

Disneyland:
    Blue Ribbon Bakery - Delicious muffins, and the cinnamon rolls are yummy! They heat them for you if you so desire. Also good coffee drinks.
    Carnation Cafe - Really good breakfast food - have had the croissant sandwich and the strawberry waffles.
    Plaza Inn - Fried Chicken and pasta w/Alfredo sauce are both delicious. For dessert, the caramel apple pie is a decadent treat! Free refills on soft drinks here.
    Coke/Refreshment Corner - Chili in a bread bowl tastes great. The chili is slightly spicy. Good place for your standard quick hot dog and chips.
    Corn Dog Cart - You gotta try this at least once in your life - it won't kill ya! The lines are almost always long.
    Pizza Port - Have had the chicken fusilli on several occasions along with a side garden salad. You can get it freshly made to your liking - more or less sauce, no parsley, etc. Also like their BBQ chicken pizza. Refills on drinks.
    Tomorrowland Terrace - I've never been here for breakfast. The spicy chicken is excellent. The burgers...not so much. Didn't ever try any of the sandwiches. Great atmosphere at night.
    Troubadour Tavern - The baked potatoes are delicious. They are quite filling for only $6.
    ToonTown Food Court - Haven't eaten here in forever.
    Village Haus - Last time I ate there was before R2P2 opened. Have to agree with the others on this thread, the food there is foul.
    Big Thunder Celebration Roundup and Barbecue Ranch- Haven't eaten here, either (at least, not the current incarnation). Expensive!
    Rancho del Zocalo - I've had mixed experiences here. The enchiladas were tough occasionally, so I had to exchange them. The servers were understanding and gave me fresh ones. The free refills are also hit-and-miss.
    Stage Door - I've only eaten here a couple of times. The fish-and-chips are okay, if not a bit greasy. Good for watching F!
    River Belle - Before the menu changed, I'd only eaten breakfast here (no catfish sandwich for me). The pancakes are amazing; I tried to recreate them at home but couldn't. Of the current lunch menu, I've had the Roast New York and the BBQ Pork. Both were delicious but a tad overpriced IMO.
    Hungry Bear - I only order the Chicken Sandwich here. Once again, the burgers aren't that great. Like the river atmosphere, though.
    Harbour Galley - Haven't eaten here since before it was a McDonald's.
    French Market - Haven't eaten here, either, since the menu change. I miss the French Quarter Dip.
    Caf Orleans - The Pommes Frites are okay, so is the Monte Cristo, but my absolute favorite is the Mickey Mouse Beignets. Yummy!
    Blue Bayou - From the current menu, I've had the Bayou Surf and Turf and the Tesoro Chicken. Both were pretty good, but the lobster tail was kinda small. I miss the Prime Rib and the Wedge Salad from the old menu, though. I've had a couple of the desserts as well.
    Club 33 - Someday...
    Bengal Barbecue - I had a Bengal Beef skewer the one and only time I've been here. The lines are a mile long, though, and there's next to nowhere to sit.
    Tiki Juice Bar - Not being a pineapple person I still tried a Dole Whip, but it's too sweet for me.

Disney California Adventure:
    Award Wieners - To me, it's just an overpriced hot dog place. I wish the shoestring fries were around, as well as the tables on Hollywood Blvd.
    Hollywood and Dine (RIP) - I've had various entrees from every window except Don the Beachcomber. That place was always empty when I was there.
    Farmer's Market - For some strange reason, the corn dogs here aren't as good as the ones from the Little Red Wagon.
    Sam Andreas Shakers - The Cookies n' Cream Shaker I had was delicious.
    Wine Country Trattoria - I had the meatball sandwich and enjoyed it.
    WoC Picnic Meal Wine Terrace - I posted pictures and a review on another thread.
    Cocina Cucamonga - I've never been to the new location, but I had the nachos from the old menu.
    Pacific Wharf Caf - The turkey sandwich here is delicious. I eat here more often than anywhere else in DCA.
    Ariel's Grotto/Cove Bar - I haven't eaten here yet but the Cove Bar is next on my list.
    Catch a Flave - The 'swirl' ice cream off the old menu was unique (not to mention tasty), but the line was always long. The line is short now, but the 'swirl' is gone.
    Pizza Oom Mow Mow - Pretty much the same as Pizza Port, only less crowded.
    Taste Pilots' Grill - Haven't eaten here since they removed the waffle fries. This place had the best burgers in either park, and I liked the Toppings Bar.

Anything that's not listed, I didn't eat there.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Disneyland
    Village Haus-the bacon burger is ok

DCA
    Schmoozies- the Dynamic Duo smoothie is awesome but a little too sweet
    Bountiful Market-the cali wrap was horrible..soggy,watery
    Pizza Ooh mow mow- not really that good

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Please excuse any mix ups with the names..

At Disneyland..
    -Plaza Inn: decent food, pricey.
    -Carnation Cafe: love Oscar's Choice.
    -Dole Stand: to die for Dole Whip!
    -Rancho del Zocalo: I wasn't impressed, expensive, food tasted stale.

Disney California Adventure..
    -Pizza Om Mow Mow - horrid! never again!
    -Tortilla Factory - who doesn't love a free tortilla!
    -Sourdough Factory - who doesn't love a free piece of bread!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

I've eaten pretty much everywhere at Disneyland although some of the places I've eaten at have changed since I last ate there (Big Thunder, Cafe Orleans, Clarabelle's, etc.) The only places I have never, ever eaten at are Blue Bayou and Club 33.

At DCA, I've eaten everywhere but Award Weiners.

I always thought Village Haus was OK, but nothing to go out of the way for. The burgers were about the same quality as Hungry Bear or Tomorrowland Terrace. I haven't had the pizza there in awhile, but I used to prefer to over the old Pizza Port (before they changed the crust).

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I've eaten most anywhere you can eat or could have eaten at, visiting and working at DL over the years...including Carnation Plaza Gardens, Tahitian Terrace, Aunt Jemima's, Don Defore's, the Pirate Ship, the original Sara Lee Cafe Orleans (sandwiches and great fountain treats) and the world famous Inn Between and DEC.

The food choices in-park these days don't inspire me much. I kinda like the French Market.

I think the Bayou has always been overrated for the price. Even moreso now. The French Market isn't bad these days. The Plaza Inn's okay.

The Tahitian Terrace was the best restaurant the parks will have ever had.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

I agree. For me, a close second was breakfast at the old Town Square Cafe.

• Banned User

You know what it a really good place IMO that hasn't got a lot of recognition in this thread: DCA's Farmer's Market. The offer large portions for fair prices. From huge mozzarella sticks to breast meat nuggets to wraps. It's all so delicious IMO.

Also in DCA, my girlfriend loves to get swirl cones at the ice cream place on the pier. Name escapes me at the moment.

I hear a lot of people swear by the Pizza Port pasta, I think it's disgusting and not worth the fortune I paid for it.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

It bears repeating.

The best places to eat in the resort now are outside the parks, either at the GCH or the ESPN Zone, in my view.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123