Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poor experience with Downtown Disney crepes

Just wanted to let you all know about a disappointing experience we had at the new Downtown Disney crepe stand:

While visiting from Canada, we stopped at the new crepe stand last Thursday and ordered two of the more expensive crepes. The total price for two crepes was $18.

There were two guys working the booth and they were really taking their time and not working very quickly at all. Both were on their cell phones while we were waiting for our crepes, etc.

But the real problem was that they were handling money while wearing their plastic gloves, and also using their cell phones with their gloves ... then touching our crepes with the same gloves! We found this pretty gross.

So we asked for our money back. We wouldn't go back to that place!

Re: Poor experience with Downtown Disney crepes

Wow! That sounds awful, especially for DLR. I remember watching a teen texting while "manning" the turkey leg cart at the hub, before I decided that I did, in fact, want to order. But really you were absolutely right to demand your money back. Thanks for posting the review, but you should also consider commenting directly to Disney, as this eatery is new and in a more public area (DTD) so the Disney-eagle-eye could possibly miss these critiques without all the specifics. I'm sure you know all this, but just go to the DL website and follow the 'contact us' link.

• Hooterville, USA

Yeah, that's not just a poor job performance issue, but a health issue as well.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Ewww, gross. I wanted to try this on our next trip, but unless they improve their service standards, I'll have to pass.

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by tyler75 View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know about a disappointing experience we had at the new Downtown Disney crepe stand:

While visiting from Canada, we stopped at the new crepe stand last Thursday and ordered two of the more expensive crepes. The total price for two crepes was $18.

There were two guys working the booth and they were really taking their time and not working very quickly at all. Both were on their cell phones while we were waiting for our crepes, etc.

But the real problem was that they were handling money while wearing their plastic gloves, and also using their cell phones with their gloves ... then touching our crepes with the same gloves! We found this pretty gross.

So we asked for our money back. We wouldn't go back to that place!

That is extremely gross, considering that current research shows that cellphones and shoes have more bacteria and germs than toilet seats!!!!

I'm glad you asked for your money back, and I agree you should formally send Disney a note on this. Plus its just unprofessional for them to be on their cellphones while tending to 'Customers."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Pitty, I was thinking of trying it next time, if I can find it.

Timekeeper

• Gold Prospector

At first I read creeps but I guess you did deal with creeps. I'm sure the OC board of health giving them a visit would whip them into shape. Nothing that touches food shall touch anything else and vice versa. At least you got your $18 back. They sound like bums who don't care about their jobs and maybe need a new line of work.
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Unfortunately this is pretty typical... people wearing gloves and not really knowing/understanding why... so they don't follow common sense behavior. I see this more and more as gloves become more common place in all work areas... but people are using the gloves to protect themselves, rather then understand at times the gloves are to protect the food!

Just make a call to the county health inspector and they'll get shaped up.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by cris77 View Post
    Wow! That sounds awful, especially for DLR. I remember watching a teen texting while "manning" the turkey leg cart at the hub. . .
    I seem to notice at least one cast member on a cell phone each visit.
    (If they were furtively reading a paperback I would think they were cool.)
    One CM at a cart in Frontierland was kind of taking away from the old West atmosphere by talking on his cell and ignoring the guests passing by.

And what's up with some of the groups of teens I frequently see visiting the DLR texting and ignoring each other. If they aren't alone why don't they communicate more with the people they are actually with?
    But I digress. . .

• Minion

Ugg! I wanted to try the crepes too, but I guess I'll have to watch them awhile to see if their work habits have changed.
    I want my cake back!

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your experience! I was wondering though, do they make the crepes fresh or are they the reheat kind?

• hi!

disappointing.. the place i go to for piercings is cleaner than this: they explain in detail everything they're doing, physically show that they dispose of and put new gloves on whenever they touch anything (opening a drawer, removing the needle from the sanitizer machine, etc), and have me sign a document on the needle housing itself that i acknowledge it is sanitary by looking at a visual sensor that it has gone through the sanitation process.

the fact that they were doing what you said with the same pair of gloves on totally nullifies the reason of having them on in the first place! common sense!
    -plagued

• Senior Minion

One chain where I've had good luck with the clean-gloves issue (so far, anyway) is Subway. In dozens of restaurants in as many years, I've only seen one worker violate the rule of putting new gloves on, making the sandwich, then disposing of the gloves before handling money.

What the OP describes is gross!

Quote Originally Posted by cris77 View Post
    Thanks for posting the review, but you should also consider commenting directly to Disney, as this eatery is new and in a more public area (DTD) so the Disney-eagle-eye could possibly miss these critiques without all the specifics. I'm sure you know all this, but just go to the DL website and follow the 'contact us' link.
    Bingo.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• no flash photography...

You get to deal with the exact same thing every time you go out to eat. You may not see it, but servers handle money, their cell phones and your food/refills all the time. Except they don't wear gloves. I can assure you when the servers are slammed they are not washing their hands.

• Mecha-Shiva! Mecha-Shiva!

Arghhh! Oh barf! On a semi-related note, all this talk about crepes is reminding me of Seinfeld.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast