Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Rain Forest cafe

I don't like rainforest cafe. The food is not so great, especially with the spiked prices. The atmosphere is nice but you're merely paying for that. The thing is, it's so compacted with tables, you can literally listen in to neighboring hungry people even when you don't intend to!

http://www.disney.parkeleven.com/ - Disneyland Resort Photos!
    http://www.hiddenmickeys.parkeleven.com - Hidden Mickeys!

• "Always On The Move..."

Wow! Rainforest is always my "go to" restaurant when I'm at DLR. I've ALWAYS had OUTSTANDING food and service. Never, ever a complaint about anything. So surprised that others have had bad experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• world class bilge rat

I usually have breakfast every morning when I'm at DL; once or twice a year.

The atmosphere is excellent; it fits right in with the overall theme of DL.

The prices are indeed high, but I expect to be ripped off a bit at a place like this.

The food is OK, but I raise chickens and hogs. Pretty hard to compete with farm-fresh.

Service can be somewhat slow, not always though. I don't think they treat the help very well there, about half of the servers have good attitudes, the other half obviously would rather be somewhere else.

I think that with better management, the RF could be one of the very best places anywhere. It doesn't seem to be very well-run.

Rob

Rainforest Cafe is a tourist trap. The food is average at best and the prices are ridiculous. I'd rather pay more for a higher quality restaurant in Downtown Disney or one of the resort hotels. The only people I would recommend RC to are families with small children.

The food is so so and the place can get very loud. Those of us with sensitive hearing will be well advised to bring ear plugs. The atmosphere is great but the price is high considering the quality of the food. Eat there as a novelty, but don't set your expectations much above marginal.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Ive been numerous times and had good service, fine food and a nice spot every time. The tables are no closer to each other than the Blue Bayou (often farther) and it should be expected that a place that advertises thunder every 30 minutes might be a bit noisy.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Sorry your experience wasn't so great. If you read the menu, it does state that there is an additional charge for fries. And from my experience, the fries have been hot and crisp. I get a chicken sandwich whenever I go, and it's always come out perfectly good. I haven't had anything I dislike from there. I've also never had to wait for a drink refill and the waiters/waitresses are generally pretty friendly.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• I'm from Canada eh!

I hate the Rainforest Cafe. We went there last year and had a terrible meal beside the restroom, under a monkey the would not shut up...

We made the mistake of going the the Dino resturant in DTD at WDW. Not realizing until it was too late that it is owned by the same company as rainforest, we had the same craptastic experiance.

• Minion

last time i went they sat us in front of an elephant omfg never gonna sit their again had to hear it make the noise for at-least an hour it was super loud and bugged me food took a while too

my kids love it there(we also have one here near seattle), most of the adults in our party don't think the food is that great (it's not limited to DTD location).. although, we've never tried the breakfast there, going to do that on our next trip.. as for the noise, it is to be expected, we only go once in a great while because of the kids.. when my husband and i want a quiet dinner, we don't pick rainforest cafe, just as we wouldn't pick chuck e cheese..

All of these over-the-top-theme restaurants are owned by Landry's, without the quality of Landry's other eateries (their seafood places, for example). They also run Yak & Yeti at DAK which is really highly priced if you don't use dining plan credits, but for me the only Landry's restaurant that's worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I hate the Rainforest Cafe. We went there last year and had a terrible meal beside the restroom, under a monkey the would not shut up...

We made the mistake of going the the Dino resturant in DTD at WDW. Not realizing until it was too late that it is owned by the same company as rainforest, we had the same craptastic experiance.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
    The food is so so and the place can get very loud. Those of us with sensitive hearing will be well advised to bring ear plugs. The atmosphere is great but the price is high considering the quality of the food. Eat there as a novelty, but don't set your expectations much above marginal.
    I have to admit that the above quote was based on visits that occured a couple of years ago at least. I went today and the food was pretty good. The wife and I spilt the chicken and ribs meal. The chicken was moist and tender and the ribs were so tender they practically fell off the bone. I was impressed. We plan on going again. Still over priced though.

• Nutty guy from Canada

My wife and I have been the DTD location three times (twice for dinner and once for breakfast) over the course of our last two visits and we've always had great service and food.

I guess it just depends on the day or time when people pay it a visit.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12