Talking How is the food at the Trattoria

we are planning our trip for Oct. 2011 and we will most likely purchase a dinner package deal for WoC, and this gives us the opportunity to eat at the Trattoria.. we have eaten at Ariel's Grotto, so we already know what to expect there. we have a group of about 15 people and trying to get everyone on board to one place. any feedback would be great..

Re: How is the food at the Trattoria

Honestly it's not very good at all. The only reason I even gave it a shot was because of the WoC fastpass, which, honestly again doesn't even put you in that great of a spot for viewing.

I'd recommend just getting there with your group and getting fastpasses the regular way. Save the money you'd spend at the Trat, and get a real meal somewhere else...
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

Yea its over priced, Small portions. The other option is better

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I actually loved the food... where the service. Was not that great.

Ate at the Trattoria at the end of July to get the World of Color preferred dining pass. The food was decent, but the service needs work. We waited at the hostess stand, we waited to be seated, we waited to get menus, and we waited for our waiter! We waited in between courses, 15 minutes between salad and main!

I had the fish of the day (halibut) served with a ragu sauce. It was fine, but nothing special. Hubby had the steak and again, fine but not spectacular. But let's be honest, we were not eating there for the fine food, but to get the WOC pass! And for us, it was worth it. Mainly because we were able to get in line about 30 minutes before the show started and get an excellent view. We would have had to wait a LOT longer to get a similar view in one of the other sections.

Ate there a month ago and the service was good. The food was also good but nothing to rave about. I will not rush back but have to say the World of Color Fast Pass was worth it ..... and hey, you gotta eat anyway, right?

• Still wants to be a cat!

2.5 hours for 10 people on opening night......thumbs down!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sapphirejc72 View Post
    we are planning our trip for Oct. 2011 and we will most likely purchase a dinner package deal for WoC, and this gives us the opportunity to eat at the Trattoria.. we have eaten at Ariel's Grotto, so we already know what to expect there. we have a group of about 15 people and trying to get everyone on board to one place. any feedback would be great..
    I'd give it a try. Fishy and I love the Trattoria, though we have NOT tried the WOC dinner package yet.

The Trattoria had the misfortune of reopening after a long refurb on the very night that World of Color launched. Therefore, their staff and kitchen were still learning how to get into the groove of their new establishment. unfortunately, they opened to huge crowds because of WoC, which overwhelmed the new crew.

Things seem to be mostly worked out now. And in my experience the food is much better at Trattoria than Ariel's.

If all you want to do is ensure that you get good seats to WoC, you might also try reserving one of the Picnic boxes. The food is OK but not fantastic, but it does include center section seats for the 1st showing of WoC. And 2nd showing of WoC if you don't buy them in advance and pick them up on the day of the event (on the lower patio of the Trattoria).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Seeker of Fun

Thanks for the question and follow up posts! We're planning on trying it out on our next trip.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

The Trattoria has long been a favorite of my family at DCA. The new renovation changed the menu up, and we lost some favorite items (the meatball sandwich and chicken alfredo lasagne), and the prices seem higher, but the foods still pretty good. The clam pasta I tried was very enjoyable. Hopefully, the Tiramisu is still top notch.