Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: How is the food at Blue Bayou?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    It's funny, but I almost forget that Blue Bayou is even there. I used to go all the time before the last big renovation and menu price hike. Now it just seems WAY over priced for what it is. Nice for a special occasion, but this restaurant really needs a new menu and adjusted pricing (especially for lunch).
    I agree.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• DLR Cast Member

""The DO offer the Monte Cristo at both lunch and dinner. You just have to know to ask for it.

Unless things have changed in the last 5 weeks.""

Sorry, bad information. The Monte Cristo is only available on the lunch menu, i.e., before 4:00.

Well, I have mixed feelings about The Blue Bayou. I love the atmosphere, but more often than not, I'm not thrilled with the food. My only problem is that is is usually too salty. Now, before the flaming arrows come my way,let me just say this. The last time we ate there, I ordered the Salmon , and Boyfriend order the Pepper Rubbed roast. We both were so over salted, that we had stomach aches. Like almost instantly. We had to return the food, and get new orders. But, the thing is, it had happened to us 3 times in about a 2 month time. So, we no longer eat there. Now, if we could just order coffee, rolls and salad, that would be fine. So, my suggestion is to go once for the experience, but know that there are other restaurants that serve amazing food for the price. We loved the dinner package at the Wine Country Trattoria. The food was excellent!!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in the building."- John Lassiter.

• will-o-the-whip

The food is decent, and much better than the fast food options in the park. You're paying for the ambiance.
    I've never been able to get a "seaside" table. Should I request one upon making the reservation with Disney Dining? When I check in at the counter at my reservation time?

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    The food is decent, and much better than the fast food options in the park. You're paying for the ambiance.
    I've never been able to get a "seaside" table. Should I request one upon making the reservation with Disney Dining? When I check in at the counter at my reservation time?
    Show up about 10 minutes early on your scheduled reservation time and request and waterside table. Depending on the amount of people there you'll wait about 20 minutes or more. The last time I went they seated me about 15 minutes after we requested a table by the water.

It was worth the wait IMO, plus I was very hungry. Our waitress was sweet and I ended up over tipping her lol.

• Minion

Blog Entries

When I went, I got the Prime Rib. BEST COW EVER! Really great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Just for comparison with a gourmet restaurant:

Blue Bayou, Anaheim: bayfront restaurant with waterside seating, boats glide by continuously

Marine Room, La Jolla: oceanfront restaurant, waves splash against the windows at high tide

Crab:

Blue Bayou: Isla-Cruces Crab Cakes - Succulent pan-seared Crab Cakes, topped with her-citrus beurre blanc and mango slaw. With blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables. $30.99

Marine Room: Maryland Softshell Crab Beignet - Corn Green Pea Succotash, Celery Root Remoulade, Saffron Pomelo Essence $16

Filet Mignon:

Blue Bayou: Filet Mignon - Broiled to perfection and topped with sauce bearnaise. With Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables. $36.99

Marine Room: Black Angus Center Cut Filet Mignon - Hazelnut Potato Timbale, St. Agur Blue, Cremini, Mustard Seed Garnacha Reduction $39

Chicken:

Blue Bayou: Tesoro Island Chicken - Roasted and finished to perfection in pan au jus. With Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables. $27.99

Marine Room: Almond Panch Phoran Jidori Chicken - Cipollini Risotto, Haricots Vert, Zucchini Flower, Amaro Fig Jus $28

Vegetarian:

Blue Bayou: Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Maque Choux - Marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette, then broiled and served with roasted corn and bell-pepper couscous and sauteed spinach. $27.99

Marine Room: Kalbi Glazed House Made Organic Tofu – Quinoa Tian, Field Vegetables, Honshimeji, Kohlrabi Sprouts, Lemongrass Essence $26

Salmon:

Blue Bayou:
    Cajun-Spiced Salmon - Blackened, with citrus crawfish beurre blanc. With Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables. $29.99

Marine Room: Apricot Cashew Crusted Pacific King Salmon - Minted Farro, Endive, Tomato Confit, Buddha’s Hand Infusion $31

Dessert:

Blue Bayou:
    Creme Brulee - Vanilla-bean custard.
    Chocolate Cake
    Pecan Pie

Marine Room:
    Gianduja Chocolate Mousse Crunch - Roasted Banana Creme Anglaise, Candied Violets Cassia Sugared Plantain Chip - $11
    Cobblestone Pie - Espresso and Vanilla Gelato, Chocolate Nuggets, Spiced Rum Butterscotch - $11
    Pecan Praline Liqueur Creme Brulee - Agrumes Financier, Armagnac Griottes, Pineapple Confit - $10
    Carlsbad Strawberry and Peach Cobbler - Cardamom Mueslix Crunch, Far Niente Dolce Spritz, Honey Wildflower Ice Cream $11
    Sorbetto - Espelette Mango, Blackberry Port, Cacao Nibs Blood Orange
    3 Citrus Biscotti Trilogy - Chocolate Kahlua Tart , Sundried Cherry Amarone, Pot De Creme Rainforest Acai Gelato $12
    American Artisan Cheese Quintet - Fennel Pollen, Green Apple Pate De Fruit, Nut Fricassee Ciabatta Crisp $14

Three-course meal:

Blue Bayou: none

Marine Room: $50 per person or $65 with wine pairing

Appetizer:
    Choice Of...
    - Isla De Vieques Vanilla Spiced Shrimp Red Quinoa, Cilantro, Sprouts, Annatto Pineapple Emulsion
    - Buttercup Squash Nectar Spiced Rum, Acai Berries, Fromage Blanc
    - Three Cheese Mushroom Torte Blue Heron Farm Organic Greens, Candied Walnuts, Apple Beer Dressing

Main Course:
    Choice Of...
    - Brown Butter Roasted Maine Diver Scallops Vanilla Kabocha Squash Tian, Hazelnuts, Watercress, Icewine Vinaigrette
    - Almond Tatsoi Crusted Sea Bass Honshemiji, Indian Red Millet, Plum Tomato Sambal, Sweet Soy
    - Fleur De Sel Rubbed Free Range Veal Tenderloin Savory Corn Cake, Hen of the Wood Mushroom, Lemoncello Sauce

Dessert Trilogy: Tellicherry Pepper Blood Orange Sorbet, Chocolate Kahlua Tart , Sundried Cherry Amarone Pot De Creme
    Bob - EXCELLENT comparison.......... The Marine Room in La Jolla is far beyond ANYTHING Disney would offer - an excellent restaurant.... and FAR more upscale than ANYTHING offerred at the DLR

THAT being said - BB is an "experience" to be w/in the POTC...... The food is good, not great, Club 33 is actually a value.......

But if all you want is gumbo and Monte Cristos........ Cafe Orleans is the option. I had the frites and Gumbo crepe last week and it was delicious! Mind you, by Disney stanndards, we have an $8.00 Cheeseburger, etc.....

To sit down and eat, BB is a value, just not as much as some would suggest, for the Monte Cristo or Gumbo, hit the Cafe Orleans instead........

Yeah but the Marine room isnt in Disneyland.

atmosphere is great! especially if you're out with your girlfriend. always request the table near the water. it's very peaceful and the skylights above are just perfect. The food is mediocre. I must be honest.

http://www.disney.parkeleven.com/ - Disneyland Resort Photos!
    http://www.hiddenmickeys.parkeleven.com - Hidden Mickeys!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234