Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Forgotten Spirit

How is the food at Blue Bayou?

Is the food at the Blue Bayou any good? I've heard that it's one of those places you should go to at least one time. I really want to go on my birthday (January 17th :P).

So if you would, could you rate the atmosphere, food, and quality of service?

Thanks!

• Say Cheese!

Re: How is the food at Blue Bayou?

Atmosphere - 10
    Service - 10
    Food - 6 (exception Monte Cristo - 8)

It's still foo foo food.

What sucks to me is that I hear the food at the Club is foo foo, as well. You're COMPLETELY paying for the prestige and bragging rights and not necessarily for the quality of the food.

Any top food critics rate the food at these places? I'd love to read some of their reviews.

• Goofy

i hear its expensive.

• Hukuna Matata!

Agree expensive but worth it food is ok i second the greatness of.the monte cristo and the atmosphere is so wonderful.

It isnt expensive, and the food is good IMO. Although I did like the food before the now menu.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyPhotoGuy View Post
    Atmosphere - 10
    Service - 10
    Food - 6 (exception Monte Cristo - 8)

It's still foo foo food.

What sucks to me is that I hear the food at the Club is foo foo, as well. You're COMPLETELY paying for the prestige and bragging rights and not necessarily for the quality of the food.

Any top food critics rate the food at these places? I'd love to read some of their reviews.
    Club 33 is fairly good, its overall the best food in Disneyland. And before someone asks...no...I'm not rich XD I only got to go because of a family members job allowed access to the club :P

• I'm not really here

I would say the food is better than many people will say. I'm not sure why people knock the food. It was indeed better before the menu change, but it isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. The atmosphere is pretty darned difficult to beat. I mean, you're IN the bayou INSIDE Pirates of the Caribbean. Call 60 days in advance as early as you can and make your reservation. I recommend doing lunch. Prices are cheaper and if you do one of the first 3 or 4 lunch sittings (they start at 11:30), you are almost guaranteed water-side seating which is really fun.

It isn't cheap, but it isn't prohibitively expensive either. The lunch menu is [here] and the dinner menu is also on that site.

I have heard of people who have had horrible service, but it is rare. I, personally, have never had a problem while eating there and we eat at the Blue Bayou every trip we take. It has always been the best service.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

we eat there every trip... usually around $80 bucks for two people !!! thats with the AP discount. food is good but not amazing
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

Wink Re: How is the food at Blue Bayou?

Atmosphere - 10
    Service - 10
    Food - 7-8

The food is just expensive but it is rather better then the big restaurant chains
    To enjoy it to the fullest ask to sit next to the water.
    I would say its the atmosphere of blue bayou that keeps me coming back overall

• Disneyland History Lover

While it may not be the absolute best food anywhere on earth, the food is good, and it certainly beats any other dining experience in the park unless you have access to Club 33. (And most of us don't.) The service is always good and we enjoy the food. It is a bit pricy, but again, the experience beats anything else in the park. We don't make it regular habit to eat there, but we do go on special occasions (Valentine's Day, anniversary, etc.). True, you can get the Monte Cristo a bit cheaper at Cafe Orleans, and you can get gumbo at counter service locations (even though it's not as good and we won't be making that mistake again), but you can't get the jambalaya or Tesoro island chicken anywhere else. And if you're wearing a birthday or anniversary button, chances are your server will bring you a special dessert on the house.

• Banned User

I guess "expensive" is in the wallet of the beholder. To me, crab cakes for $30.00 or $8.00 for mac&cheese(childrens) is expensive. Of course, I'm just a working guy, not rich like you guys must be. As far as food quality? Adequate. In and Out burger has much better food.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    Tesoro island chicken
    And now my mouth is watering. I love the Tesoro Island Chicken.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I love the Blue Bayou! The food there is very good. It is a little expensive... about $30 per entree... more if you get the lobster... but the buccaneer braised short ribs are my favorite! The Tesoro Island Chicken is pretty good too. You also get a salad or a cup of gumbo with your meal so its not a terrible deal!

• Forgotten Spirit

Well, its decided :P I'm going XD
    Now I need to save my money hahaha

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Vamped View Post
    It isnt expensive, and the food is good IMO. Although I did like the food before the now menu.
    Stoped eating there when they changed the menu. Yes atmosphere is great, but for what your getting, the price doesn't justify it. On the lunch menu, the cheapest thing is a sandwich at $22.00.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 08-15-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast