• Figment of my imagination

Is there anywhere that offers wine tasting or any place to sip with dessert?

DH and I are big fans of wine tasting and enjoy the many different vineyards California has to offer. We are planning a trip to DL next month and while I have read many restaurants have extensive wine lists, I was wondering if any have wine tasting? Is there a good place to sip and have dessert?

Also, just to make things trickier, we'll have our 3yo DD with us, though I don't mind letting the DH go and taste while the little one and I wander off. Thanks in advance!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
    DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

Next visit - still just a wish...

Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: Is there anywhere that offers wine tasting or any place to sip with dessert?

no tasting that i know of, aside from the events of the food and wine festival each spring.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Minion

Re: Is there anywhere that offers wine tasting or any place to sip with dessert?

Maybe the twisted Vine in Fullerton? It's about 10 minutes from disneyland north of Harbor.

• A Weather Eye Open

oh, i was thinking in-parks and the disney hotels! there must be somewhere... there was a wine bar in gardenwalk for a bit but i'll bet it's closed by now.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but Napa Rose has a lounge and outside patio that is perfect for dessert and a glass of wine, especially with a small child in tow. And the dessert wines are amazing.

you do have the wine testing terrace at California adventure its a bit pricey though.

POP the cork is int he Anaheim Gardenwalk

and there is also

http://primecutcafe.com/ on katella

• Herr Ducktor!

The Wine Country Trattoria, in DCA, offers not only wines by the glass, but wine "flights". I haven't sampled the flights, but they seemed well-organized. If you want a wine tasting experience in the parks, you couldn't do better.

Yes, there's a price premium, just like there is for everything in the parks. Not disproportionate to the value (and the experience), though.

• Figment of my imagination

Thanks for the info -- both in and out of the resort area!

For the Napa Rose patio would we need reservations? Can I just say we want to sip and eat dessert? Just curious -- I really am intrigued with Napa Rose and would love to stop in, though don't think the full meal would work with the little one

For the wine "flights", do you need to call ahead or is it something offered daily? DH LOVES a good wine tasting, and I know they can be pricey, but also that it can be totally worth it to sample some fine wines.

Thanks for all the info!!! I'm stoked to find something DH would enjoy!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
    DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

Next visit - still just a wish...

Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack

• Herr Ducktor!

Quote Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
    Thanks for the info -- both in and out of the resort area!

For the Napa Rose patio would we need reservations? Can I just say we want to sip and eat dessert? Just curious -- I really am intrigued with Napa Rose and would love to stop in, though don't think the full meal would work with the little one
    Does Napa Rose have a patio? I've been staying in the Grand Californian when at DLR, so I'm constantly passing by the Rose, and I've never noticed a patio.

(As to Napa Rose itself; never felt the call to try it, considering I live very near the "real" Napa in Northern California. So, no authority on that particular venue. With your wee one, you might want to try the Storytellers' Cafe, which is part of the same complex.)

The Wine Country Trattoria, inside DCA--that has a patio.

For the wine "flights", do you need to call ahead or is it something offered daily? DH LOVES a good wine tasting, and I know they can be pricey, but also that it can be totally worth it to sample some fine wines.

Thanks for all the info!!! I'm stoked to find something DH would enjoy!

Wine flights, in the Trattoria, are part of their everyday offerings. That doesn't mean, however, that you can always count on them. It's worth asking before making reservations.

Enjoy!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Pop the Cork at the Garden Walk and the Wine Lounge upstairs at the Trattoria (at DCA) are the two that come to mind.

There was a lovely wine cellar under Hooks Pointe (at Disneyland Hotel), but that was recently closed.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

There is a patio at Napa Rose past the bar outside the lounge. It has a fire pit area. Its not big, but its there.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

My husband loves the port tasting in Cal Adventure. The location has moved since we were last there, but it was last seen by us next to the Blue Sky Cellar. They had 3 kinds of ports and 3 kinds of cheeses. It was well worth the money to him!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!