Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31

    • Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clovis, Ca
    Posts
    13,191

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    ok yeah i'm also debating whether to go or not just because i saw this thread, i'm trying to win my bf over with Disneyland and trying to show him why i love it so much, and i know he's a meat lover, but the prices are ridonkulous for 2 young people paying with our own money
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

  2. #32

    • Feeeel the power Kronk...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    10 min away from the happiest place on earth!!
    Posts
    97

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    ok yeah i'm also debating whether to go or not just because i saw this thread, i'm trying to win my bf over with Disneyland and trying to show him why i love it so much, and i know he's a meat lover, but the prices are ridonkulous for 2 young people paying with our own money
    The food will certainly not win anyone over...
    check out my band then like us (if you want)!

    MoJo SoNiC

    "your face, she will be on everybodys tongue!"

  3. #33

    • Disneyland PAP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Harbor City, CA
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    A bunch of friend and I went there this past summer for my first time and loved it! Each item comes in its own bucket or bowl, and I only took a shot of my first plate.

    Big Thunder Ranch, June 19, 2010 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

    I'm looking forward to going again. Personally, I'm not sure I'd go myself for an all-you-can-eat place at this price. As a group we definitely had a great time together and with the local entertainment. I also love the earlier post about the cone cake. Gotta consider trying that out on a future visit!

  4. #34

    • Yes, that is my real name
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Far Northern, California, United States
    Posts
    2,323
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    The little corn bread loaves were cute and yummy!
    Yaye!

  5. #35

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    69

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    Since you have never been there, it's really quite simple: Just do it! Just go! Make up your own mind if you think it's "worth it". We can all tell you about what we prefer, but only you can decide what's right for you.

  6. #36

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Posts
    151

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    Loved it. I just went there 8-21 with my family and it was really fun and lots of good food for a more reasonable price than say Ariels Grotto....

    Nice music nice environment, free refills on cold sodas in a cold mason jar....great beans and cornbread, slaw with no mayo, and they even made vegetarian grilled skewers for my family at no extra charge!!!!


    Really nice waitress....still yet its probably hit or miss as with all disney dining, so good luck.

    aloha
    cedar
    PS dont forget to check out the thunder ranch petting zoo after lunch for a leisurely walk.

  7. #37

    • Resident of the Caldera
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere near a Disney Park
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    Seems kinda natural that they'd serve BBQ'd goat considering the location.

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    209

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    My friend and I had dinner there on the 4th of July and thought it was absolutely delicious! We showed up and let them know we were there (we had a reservation) and then waited a little bit to be seated. Woody walked by and posed for the camera. They took us in, seated us, brought us our drinks in mason jars and let us know how the food was served. They brought us out a basket of cornbread, a bowl of beans, slaw, a bucket with sausage, chicken, and ribs, and a bowl of corn on the cob wheels. we thought it was absolutely delicious. While we thought the entertainment was a tad bit corny...we definitely enjoyed it. It lived up to our expectations for a 4th of July BBQ meal and left us too full for dessert. After seeing the above pics of the Cone Cakes...i wish i had saved room!

    Didn't take any pictures before we started eating (we were that famished) ... but here are some pics we took during our meal:











    don't mind our friend Stick Stickley...he came along for the ride and enjoyed his meal too
    Last edited by ThanksRichard; 09-17-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: oops

  9. #39

    • former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    S. Cal. via Milw. & Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,380
    Make sure there will be entertainment during your meal. The restaurant opens before the entertainers begin.

    If they seat you in the sun on a hot day, politely insist on being moved to a spot in the shade.

    I think it's still over-priced, but on crowded days it is a nice place to hang out for 90 minutes to escape crowds in a pleasant, laid-back atmosphere.

    The chicken tastes very good, but they could use another veggie to go with the coleslaw and baked beans. They used to have corn on the cob wheels.

    Remember your AP discount.

  10. #40

    • hogwarts + disneyland = ♥
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    pigfarts
    Posts
    605

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    first, i've eaten there i think 3 times with my boyfriend. the food is good...not great. but we like it so we splurge sometimes and make it our one meal of the day by having it mid afternoon as our lunch/dinner. (and you can ask for a box and pack up what's left and eat it later) i love the beans and coleslaw, the cornbread and ribs are yummy, and i do not like the chicken...like someone else said - it's not barbequed, so it has a rubbery texture IMO. at dinner you get sausage and corn in addition. the sausage is really great.

    i think someone asked on the first pg...you pay after the meal now since everything is not included in the price (pay extra for drinks and dessert).

    and i have a question...
    i know there are vegetarian options...are they veggie skewers or what? i forget. aaand if we asked for them in addition to the meat options do you think they would give it to us? say like substitute the chicken with the veggies but still get the ribs???? maybe thats wrong since i'm not a vegetarian...but i like bbq veggies!

    flower gleam & glow...

  11. #41

    • DLR Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    345

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    first, i've eaten there i think 3 times with my boyfriend. the food is good...not great. but we like it so we splurge sometimes and make it our one meal of the day by having it mid afternoon as our lunch/dinner. (and you can ask for a box and pack up what's left and eat it later) i love the beans and coleslaw, the cornbread and ribs are yummy, and i do not like the chicken...like someone else said - it's not barbequed, so it has a rubbery texture IMO. at dinner you get sausage and corn in addition. the sausage is really great.

    i think someone asked on the first pg...you pay after the meal now since everything is not included in the price (pay extra for drinks and dessert).

    and i have a question...
    i know there are vegetarian options...are they veggie skewers or what? i forget. aaand if we asked for them in addition to the meat options do you think they would give it to us? say like substitute the chicken with the veggies but still get the ribs???? maybe thats wrong since i'm not a vegetarian...but i like bbq veggies!
    So, one of you ask for the vegetarian skewers. Then ask for more if you want. The vegetarian skewers have mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, tofu, squash, and red potatoes, and they are very tasty (I often eat there with a friend who orders them, and we do share a bit). Just ask for what you want - and don't be surprised, you'll get it with a smile.

  12. #42

    • hogwarts + disneyland = ♥
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    pigfarts
    Posts
    605

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    So, one of you ask for the vegetarian skewers. Then ask for more if you want. The vegetarian skewers have mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, tofu, squash, and red potatoes, and they are very tasty (I often eat there with a friend who orders them, and we do share a bit). Just ask for what you want - and don't be surprised, you'll get it with a smile.

    yum, thanks!!

    flower gleam & glow...

  13. #43

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    356

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    It's overpriced, but what restaurant at the resort isn't?

    Overall the food is very tasty, especially the ribs and cole slaw, and the entertainment is great.

    I highly recommend it.


  14. #44

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    Does anyone know the prices?? Children's prices?? Adult???? Is lunch the same price as Dinner?? Are they both all you can eat?? Spending Christmas day at DL. Any idea how busy DL will be???

  15. #45

    • DLR Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    345

    Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

    Adults are $19.99 for lunch, $24.99 for dinner (starts at 4 pm), drinks are a separate charge of $2.99, but it is also all you can drink.

    Children 3-9 are $9.99 for lunch or dinner, and their drinks are included.

    Under 3 are free.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Before big thunder mountain
    By DaisyDuck89 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 06:53 PM
  2. [Video] When is Big Thunder NOT Big Thunder?
    By chris2fett in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 08:23 AM
  3. [Question] What's up with Big Thunder today?
    By tomrules1955 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 11:12 AM
  4. Add to Big Thunder
    By Blueharvest1138 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 04:49 PM
  5. Big Thunder closed???!!!
    By flowerroyal55 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 04:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •