Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

ok yeah i'm also debating whether to go or not just because i saw this thread, i'm trying to win my bf over with Disneyland and trying to show him why i love it so much, and i know he's a meat lover, but the prices are ridonkulous for 2 young people paying with our own money
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Feeeel the power Kronk...

10 min away from the happiest place on earth!!

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    ok yeah i'm also debating whether to go or not just because i saw this thread, i'm trying to win my bf over with Disneyland and trying to show him why i love it so much, and i know he's a meat lover, but the prices are ridonkulous for 2 young people paying with our own money
    The food will certainly not win anyone over...
    check out my band then like us (if you want)!

MoJo SoNiC

"your face, she will be on everybodys tongue!"

• Disneyland PAP

A bunch of friend and I went there this past summer for my first time and loved it! Each item comes in its own bucket or bowl, and I only took a shot of my first plate.

Big Thunder Ranch, June 19, 2010 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm looking forward to going again. Personally, I'm not sure I'd go myself for an all-you-can-eat place at this price. As a group we definitely had a great time together and with the local entertainment. I also love the earlier post about the cone cake. Gotta consider trying that out on a future visit!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

The little corn bread loaves were cute and yummy!
    Yaye!

• Banned User

Since you have never been there, it's really quite simple: Just do it! Just go! Make up your own mind if you think it's "worth it". We can all tell you about what we prefer, but only you can decide what's right for you.

Loved it. I just went there 8-21 with my family and it was really fun and lots of good food for a more reasonable price than say Ariels Grotto....

Nice music nice environment, free refills on cold sodas in a cold mason jar....great beans and cornbread, slaw with no mayo, and they even made vegetarian grilled skewers for my family at no extra charge!!!!

Really nice waitress....still yet its probably hit or miss as with all disney dining, so good luck.

aloha
    cedar
    PS dont forget to check out the thunder ranch petting zoo after lunch for a leisurely walk.

• Resident of the Caldera

Seems kinda natural that they'd serve BBQ'd goat considering the location.

My friend and I had dinner there on the 4th of July and thought it was absolutely delicious! We showed up and let them know we were there (we had a reservation) and then waited a little bit to be seated. Woody walked by and posed for the camera. They took us in, seated us, brought us our drinks in mason jars and let us know how the food was served. They brought us out a basket of cornbread, a bowl of beans, slaw, a bucket with sausage, chicken, and ribs, and a bowl of corn on the cob wheels. we thought it was absolutely delicious. While we thought the entertainment was a tad bit corny...we definitely enjoyed it. It lived up to our expectations for a 4th of July BBQ meal and left us too full for dessert. After seeing the above pics of the Cone Cakes...i wish i had saved room!

Didn't take any pictures before we started eating (we were that famished) ... but here are some pics we took during our meal:

don't mind our friend Stick Stickley...he came along for the ride and enjoyed his meal too
    Last edited by ThanksRichard; 09-17-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: oops

• former CM

Make sure there will be entertainment during your meal. The restaurant opens before the entertainers begin.

If they seat you in the sun on a hot day, politely insist on being moved to a spot in the shade.

I think it's still over-priced, but on crowded days it is a nice place to hang out for 90 minutes to escape crowds in a pleasant, laid-back atmosphere.

The chicken tastes very good, but they could use another veggie to go with the coleslaw and baked beans. They used to have corn on the cob wheels.

Remember your AP discount.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

first, i've eaten there i think 3 times with my boyfriend. the food is good...not great. but we like it so we splurge sometimes and make it our one meal of the day by having it mid afternoon as our lunch/dinner. (and you can ask for a box and pack up what's left and eat it later) i love the beans and coleslaw, the cornbread and ribs are yummy, and i do not like the chicken...like someone else said - it's not barbequed, so it has a rubbery texture IMO. at dinner you get sausage and corn in addition. the sausage is really great.

i think someone asked on the first pg...you pay after the meal now since everything is not included in the price (pay extra for drinks and dessert).

and i have a question...
    i know there are vegetarian options...are they veggie skewers or what? i forget. aaand if we asked for them in addition to the meat options do you think they would give it to us? say like substitute the chicken with the veggies but still get the ribs???? maybe thats wrong since i'm not a vegetarian...but i like bbq veggies!

flower gleam & glow...

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    first, i've eaten there i think 3 times with my boyfriend. the food is good...not great. but we like it so we splurge sometimes and make it our one meal of the day by having it mid afternoon as our lunch/dinner. (and you can ask for a box and pack up what's left and eat it later) i love the beans and coleslaw, the cornbread and ribs are yummy, and i do not like the chicken...like someone else said - it's not barbequed, so it has a rubbery texture IMO. at dinner you get sausage and corn in addition. the sausage is really great.

i think someone asked on the first pg...you pay after the meal now since everything is not included in the price (pay extra for drinks and dessert).

and i have a question...
    i know there are vegetarian options...are they veggie skewers or what? i forget. aaand if we asked for them in addition to the meat options do you think they would give it to us? say like substitute the chicken with the veggies but still get the ribs???? maybe thats wrong since i'm not a vegetarian...but i like bbq veggies!
    So, one of you ask for the vegetarian skewers. Then ask for more if you want. The vegetarian skewers have mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, tofu, squash, and red potatoes, and they are very tasty (I often eat there with a friend who orders them, and we do share a bit). Just ask for what you want - and don't be surprised, you'll get it with a smile.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    So, one of you ask for the vegetarian skewers. Then ask for more if you want. The vegetarian skewers have mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, tofu, squash, and red potatoes, and they are very tasty (I often eat there with a friend who orders them, and we do share a bit). Just ask for what you want - and don't be surprised, you'll get it with a smile.

yum, thanks!!

flower gleam & glow...

It's overpriced, but what restaurant at the resort isn't?

Overall the food is very tasty, especially the ribs and cole slaw, and the entertainment is great.

I highly recommend it.

Does anyone know the prices?? Children's prices?? Adult???? Is lunch the same price as Dinner?? Are they both all you can eat?? Spending Christmas day at DL. Any idea how busy DL will be???

• DLR Cast Member

Adults are $19.99 for lunch, $24.99 for dinner (starts at 4 pm), drinks are a separate charge of $2.99, but it is also all you can drink.

Children 3-9 are $9.99 for lunch or dinner, and their drinks are included.

Under 3 are free.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast