Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

I have never been to eat at the Big Thunder BBQ.Anyone hear know if it is worth it? Anyone have any recommendations for me to dine here or should I just skip it because it is not worth it?BTW I will be a solo traveler for 5 days in early November(33 yrs old)and I usually bring my 9 year old daughter but this time she is going with her mother's side of the family in September,so I thought it would be perfect for me to go alone(I could use some Me time) and going in November provides me to enjoy the DLR more at night as it will be getting darker earlier.I havent gone on a solo trip since Spring of 2001 when DCA first opened.Oh yea back to my original point Yay or Nay on Big Thunder BBQ.I used to enjoy the BBQ at Rancho Zel Decalo is BT BBQ's recipe similar.

Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

I ate there some time ago, but I really enjoyed it. It's family style, they just keep bringing you tin pails of the bbq chicken, brisket, beans, cornbread, etc.
    They had a cute guy/girl country/comedy duo with guitars.

• DLR Cast Member

I love it. I'm their most frequent customer (I've eaten there 39 times since they opened April 2 last year - 39 and 1/3 if you count the time I went just for dessert with some friends. I love the coleslaw - and I never eat coleslaw (I have friends who say the same thing).

If you do go, try out the Toll House Cookie Bake for dessert - plan to share (when I had it, 3 of us couldn't finish it, albeit after stuffing ourselves on
    chicken, ribs, sausage, corn, cornbread, coleslaw, and beans.

Disclaimer: I'm a DL Cast Member, although I don't work at BTR BBQ.

Is it an All You Can Eat BBQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    I love it. I'm their most frequent customer (I've eaten there 39 times since they opened April 2 last year - 39 and 1/3 if you count the time I went just for dessert with some friends. I love the coleslaw - and I never eat coleslaw (I have friends who say the same thing).

If you do go, try out the Toll House Cookie Bake for dessert - plan to share (when I had it, 3 of us couldn't finish it, albeit after stuffing ourselves on
    chicken, ribs, sausage, corn, cornbread, coleslaw, and beans.

Disclaimer: I'm a DL Cast Member, although I don't work at BTR BBQ.
    I am trying to decide whether or not to go this coming December and I am wondering is this a character venue...I keep getting conflicting information. I have heard that you can see woody and jesse but then I have heard there are no characters. So which one is it???

What are cone cakes?
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

My only guess is maybe Woody,Jesse,and other characters are there at busier times like Weekends or during the summer.But your guess is as good as mine.I'm sure someone will kindly be able to answer this for you though.

When it first opened it was a character venue, but then they lowered the price and took Woody and Jessie out. Hope this helps!

• Wonderful World

It's pretty pricey but I'm sure it's worth it with all the food you can get. I recall it being $25 per person. My friends and I went there over the summer and the person that seated us said that the server was going to give us a menu. The sever told us that it's all you can eat BBQ and he almost left without telling us the price till we stopped him. When he told us the price I was a little pissed off and felt that he was trying to sucker us into eating the meal before we knew the price. I was I was on a major budget so we left the park to eat somewhere cheap.

I'm sure its a great place to eat if your willing to spend the money on it. The food sure did look tasty.
    I'm back MiceChat

• Seeker of Fun

I've been very tempted to try it out. I guess I just want to make sure it's truly an all you can eat venture! Sounds good, and I haven't had dinner yet tonight, so my mouth is watering.

Can someone clarify if it's all you can eat? Is there a time limit or?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    Is it an All You Can Eat BBQ?
    It is all you can eat, and the only difference (besides price) for lunch vs dinner was a single added food item, but I can't recall what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    I am trying to decide whether or not to go this coming December and I am wondering is this a character venue...I keep getting conflicting information. I have heard that you can see woody and jesse but then I have heard there are no characters. So which one is it???

Woody and Jessie are not at the dining area but are over by the animals often and/or in front of the ranch entrance.

What are cone cakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I've been very tempted to try it out. I guess I just want to make sure it's truly an all you can eat venture! Sounds good, and I haven't had dinner yet tonight, so my mouth is watering.

Can someone clarify if it's all you can eat? Is there a time limit or?
    We sat there for about an hour and a half which seemed like a very long time since the service is pretty quick. We ate and enjoyed the entertainment!

They have a cowgirl singing and doing a skit, she is accompanied by a piano player. Then a cowboy playing guitar and singing comes out, he goes around to the tables as he sings. My daughter liked that part! She waved at him and he gave a wink and a nod, so that made it over the top for her. The best part was the pig calling contest that our waitress won, lol!
    As far as food, I am not a rib fan, but I have to say they tasted very good and by far much better then I had expected! Some where more tender then others, but they were all very nice. The desserts were a crack up, we got some kind of cupcake that was in a waffle ice cream cone and served in this metal crazy decorated stand, I don't even know what it was! LOL.

I will say this, it is a ranch style bbq, outdoors, yard tables and mason jars! It was good enough that we want to go again on our next trip.

Let me know and I will post some photos in a couple hours when I am back!
    Yaye!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post

What are cone cakes?
    Woody and Jessie are often at the area near the animals and in front of the entrance for meet and greet.

Cone cakes are a cupcake in a waffle cone with frosting, filling and decor. They are served in this outrageous stand, made of metal, it's so cool, I will post a photo. We bought one and shared it between the 3 of us, it was pretty rich!
    Yaye!

Blog Entries

These are cell phone pics, I will get the better ones in a bit
    Yaye!

You are awesome phi1215 cant wait for the rest of the pictures....especially those cone cakes

Blog Entries

I'm telling you, the cone cake (a little expensive, I think about $6), was worth it for show factor alone!!
    Yaye!

Quote Originally Posted by phi1215 View Post
    I'm telling you, the cone cake (a little expensive, I think about $6), was worth it for show factor alone!!
    I have already factored in the cost of two cone cakes for each child and also the cookie dessert...man I am looking at 190 for dinner for six, is that crazy or what but I want to be able to say I ate there at least once....good thing I plan and save ahead or it would never happen...
    the envelope system rocks!!!

cant wait for a picture of the cone cakes...when you have a chance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast