Thread: The Blue Bayou

Thumbs up The Blue Bayou

So my fiance and I went to Disneyland the second week of September with a couple friends. They opted to go to Goofy's Kitchen for lunch, but my fiance didn't feel like a character experience. So I...casually...suggested the Blue Bayou and showed him the menu. He'd previously told me he hadn't wanted to go, but since we were going for lunch and I told him it was the most romantic dining in Disney, he agreed. <3

Our wait was almost non-existent! We checked in about a half hour early and requested a waterside table. I was fully prepared to tell the hostess that I was alright with a wait, but she poked her head in and then informed me that there was no wait at all! (Which was great, since a person asked the same lady a minute later and there was a 40 minute wait.)

We got in and was led to a table close to the kitchen, but dear lord the ambiance was absolutely beautiful! The lamps hanging from the ceiling, the water, it was beautiful. I asked our waiter if I could take pictures as long as there was no flash and he told me it was perfectly fine to take as many pictures as I wanted...and it was all right if I used flash, since if there was any complaints, it would be directed towards the people on the ride.

I ordered the chicken and my fiance ordered the steak. I had salad for a side and he got the chicken gumbo...which I should have ordered, it was delicious! The salad was alright, a little tangy. I must admit, I was really surprised at how big the portions were! The steak was HUGE. My fiance opted not to eat the potatoes, since he got so full with the steak. The chicken filled me up just fine, and the potatoes were actually really good.

Our waiter brought us a very delicious chocolate mouse or chocolate pudding...chocolate something yummy...for our anniversary, which was a lovely dessert without having to pay for the dessert!

Overall, I was very impressed. I'd read some bad reviews and some good reviews, but I had nothing bad to say about it. I'll definitely be going back. Of course, at 20 years old I haven't had the most experience with fine dinning...but I didn't feel rushed, our wonderful waiter came by often to make sure we were satisfied, and the food was great. Hopefully we can make a tradition of eating at the Bayou.
    Last edited by OnceUponADream; 10-01-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Re: The Blue Bayou

My husband and I have made it a tradition to dine at the Blue Bayou every anniversary that we spend at Disneyland. This year we dined there on the 11th of September and requested waterside seating which we got without too long of a wait. The food the first time was absolutely wonderful. The second for myself was great for my husband not so great he had to send his steak back a total of three times lucky for us I ordered the surf and turf and do not eat lobster so he ate mine. The funny thing is that even though we had a problem it still does not sway our minds in regards to how wonderful the Blue Bayou is...we will continue to dine there as an anniversary treat every year.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponADream View Post
    Our weight was almost non-existent!
    I hope you ate a lot then!
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponADream View Post
    Overall, I was very impressed. I'd read some bad reviews and some good reviews, but I had nothing bad to say about it. I'll definitely be going back. Of course, at 20 years old I haven't had the most experience with fine dinning...but I didn't feel rushed, our wonderful waiter came by often to make sure we were satisfied, and the food was great. Hopefully we can make a tradition of eating at the Bayou.
    Thanks for the review. My fiance just made our reservation for Nov 1st. Our honeymoon begins on Halloween (at the ToT party) and the Blue Bayou will be our first dinner as a married couple. It will be the first time, at the restaurant, and the positive reviews of it get us more excited to try it.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    I hope you ate a lot then!
    I realized that after I already submitted it. Note to self: Proof read!