• Where's the Cheese?

Neighborhood Charbroiled Burgers

So, this a loosely tied topic to DL, but I always think about it when I pass one of these places, which I do when I drive down Ball Rd on my way to DL - see how its related?

I grew up with about two Charbroiled Burger joints within walking distance, and four within a short drive...always called "Jim's Burgers" or "Tom's Burgers" or "Tim's Burgers" - but to me, besides In-n-Out, they are by far the best burgers anyone can eat. I'll go the mat on that one.

What's great is when I see one, I know it's gonna taste just like all the other unaffiliated burger places - how do they do that? They gotta buy their meat, buns, sauce from the same place...I almost want to work at one for a day so I can find out who their supplier is (and don't tell me it's Costco - you'll break my heart)

The fries? No one else has those fat greasy fries - and again, they all have the same exact taste. Pastrami - no one else has that fat, greasy pastrami either...Carne asada quesadillas...I feel my arteries clogging!

So, anyone else want to give a shout out on behalf of their favorite Charbroiled burger place? Want to report any in proximity to the DLR? I did this quick Google search and found "Varsity Burgers", "Apollo Burgers" and "Super Teriyaki Burgers": disneyland charbroiled burgers - Google Maps

Re: Neighborhood Charbroiled Burgers

My favorite place for burgers is The Habit burger grill. They make hamburgers that remind me of the burgers we used to get at Dairy Queen in Texas when I was growing up. There is one in Norwalk on Norwalk Boulevard. I don't know if there are any closer to Disneyland yet. You can find locations on their website.

Varsity Burger on Lincoln is pretty good. Ate there many, may times when my office was on Harbor & Broadway. Farmer Boys farther west on Lincoln is probably better but a bit farther from DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    My favorite place for burgers is The Habit burger grill. They make hamburgers that remind me of the burgers we used to get at Dairy Queen in Texas when I was growing up. There is one in Norwalk on Norwalk Boulevard. I don't know if there are any closer to Disneyland yet. You can find locations on their website.
    I'll second this, The Habit makes a tremendous burger and their onion rings are top notch. There is one just down the freeway a few miles from Disneyland on Main Street in Santa Ana. Totally worth the short drive.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Paul's Place. 1040 Magnolia Ave., just south of LaPalma in Anaheim.

Varied menu. Great breakfasts. Great burgers.