•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Asking your opinion on Wine Country Tratorria at Lunch for WOC

I have been reading about the WOC dining packages. I notice that there is a lunch option for Wine Country Trattoria. Has anyone done this? How was the meal, and how does the viewing area for this package measure up? I am aware of the other dining options such as the picnics, and Ariel's Grotto, and this lunch option is the only option that is appealing to me.

Thanks for any and all feedback.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Asking your opinion on Wine Country Tratorria at Lunch for WOC

I'm sure its too late for you, but in case anyone else has the same question, DH and I ate there last week when we were at DL. It wasn't lunch but early dinner. It was really good - we both got the beef tenderloin main dish. It was cooked perfectly. The potatoes were OUTSTANDING and the green beans average. He had a soup to start (Mexican Wedding) and I had the salad - very simply done. Dessert was a selection of mini deserts to share and were really good. we were filled up for a very long time.

We were in the white section, which is a great section. We were down front and had a great view.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion FOREVER!

Similar experience. We were with a 9 person group for early dinner. We had all the WoC package entrees (pasta, beef & chicken). I personally had the chicken.

The package included a very good mixed green salad. Despite some complaints of being overly dressed on the internet, mine was perfect.

I personally had the chicken. Nice herbed skin and the meat was not dry. Very good potatoes and green beans. Not the best I had but definitely something I would order again. My wife and son had the pasta which I got to taste since he didn't finish. The sauce was very good (al dente) with a very definite sweet basil taste. My daughter had the beef and she finished it so I couldn't taste it. :-) But she said that it was tender and flavorful. (She's particular about the tender part).

The desert is a selection and no bad comments. Service was excellent and definitely worth a stop if you're in the mood for a sit-down meal in DCA.

And the WoC viewing location were excellent as well. Also this section was not as crowded as others.
    Last edited by nish221; 03-17-2011 at 08:54 AM.

I prefer this over Ariel's grotto. Although if you order wine it gets a bit pricey. I was actually surprised how good the food was.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Sweet. I just switched my reservation yesterday from Ariel's Grotto since my gf loves wine. Good to hear that the food is delicious!